grimmie

Official NHL 2011/2012 thread!

The Kings kick off in a half hour. We've had the Sharks eliminated. Yippee! As well as Detroit and now the Flyers sealed the deal on the Crosbys, I mean, the Penguins. Boston and Washington going to 7. Makes me wonder - if the Ovechkins, er Capitals don't progress, what the hell is the NHL going to do?

The NHL and NBC may even be stuck showing some respect to the Western Conference. Ha! HAHA! I slay me..

My wife is hotter than your wife.

MAF couldn't stop a beach ball, damnB|
So...

let's go KINGS!

Do the Nucks trade Luongo?
Do the Sharks trade everyone?
Do the Dead Wings make a deal to get younger?

By the way, Jonathan Quick is the best keeper in the league. i wish he was a Penguin:ph34r:

MAF couldn't stop a beach ball, damnB|
So...

let's go KINGS!

Do the Nucks trade Luongo?
Do the Sharks trade everyone?
Do the Dead Wings make a deal to get younger?

By the way, Jonathan Quick is the best keeper in the league. i wish he was a Penguin:ph34r:

I think the Canucks are crazy to keep Luongo. He is too inconsistent when needed in big games. Schneider is ready to be #1 imo.

The Sharks - Yeah, that's a huge mess.

The Wings stayed with the old guys for too long and definitely have to cut some ties and get some fresh blood.

Quick is awesome...but how about Mike Smith tonight for the Coyotes? 39 saves in a shut-out. The Hawks were ALL over the Coyotes for most of the game and he was there every time.

Pekka Rinne for the Predators has also been outstanding.

Any of these guys between the pipes for the Pens and they might still be playing.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

My list of top goalies would be Quick, Smith, Lundqvist, Elliot and Halak. And look who is still in the playoffs.

Quick carried the Kings this year. I'm looking forward to some exciting 1-0 and 2-1 games in the Kings Blues series. Halak is out for the first couple of games, which doesn't mean much when Elliot is there.

Montreal or Toronto maybe??

I don't think Montreal. Carey Price is good enough...it's the rest of the team that needs fixing.

Toronto.....maybe!

Here's an article about possible destinations...

I don't know about their choices...Toronto seems more of a possibility to me given the lack of goaltending and pressure to win. Luongo might be a fit there. I don't know if Edmonton would trade away any of their young prospects but I don't know what they have in the pipe for goaltending.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

My list of top goalies would be Quick, Smith, Lundqvist, Elliot and Halak. And look who is still in the playoffs.

Quick carried the Kings this year. I'm looking forward to some exciting 1-0 and 2-1 games in the Kings Blues series. Halak is out for the first couple of games, which doesn't mean much when Elliot is there.

Let's add Braden Holtby of the Capitals to the list of hot goaltenders! 15 goals allowed in 7 games against the Bruins. 7 one goal games 4 of which went to overtime. Not bad for a kid who was called up a couple of months ago!
--
Murray

On another note, there are two game sevens in the Eastern nee Wales Conference. If Ottawatta and Jersey pull it off, the Eastern Conference will have knocked out the 1st - 4th seeds in the first round, leaving the 5th - 8th. I don't know if that's ever happened before.

Over in the nee Campbell, the teams that advanced were the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 8th. I glad the Kings bucked the Western Conference trend.

The Rangers pulled it off against Ottawa.

And in the second OT, the Devils sent the Panthers for a shave... Incredible.

Apparently, Nashville plays at Phoenix sometime tomorrow and the Kings will get a 1-0 victory over the Bues sometime saturday. Easter conference schedules to be determined.

I felt for the Panthers. They came back from being down 2-0, threw everything they could at the net and just couldn't get one to go. I thought the winning goal was one Theodore should have had. Five - hole...that really hurt.

Ottawa just couldn't beat Lundquist despite putting huge pressure on in the third. We'll see if that was Alfredsson's last game.
--
Murray

Coyotes won last night in a GREAT game. The Ranjuhs took it over the Caps. And the Kings, 0 for their last infinity on the power play, put in a go ahead shorthander and sealed it with a Pancakes empty netter.

Let's see what Philly can do tomorrow.

Great game by the Devils tonight!

Predators suspended two players.....they are in a tough spot for a team many have been picking to go to the final.
--
Murray

It was a good game by the Devils. but I don't know whether the third period was a great period by the Devils or a lousy period by the Flyers. Likely a lot of both.

In other series, Nashville has suspended forwards Kostitsyn and Radulov for breaking a team rule. They have both been productive but the Preds have not been this series. Phoenix is just plain beating them.

Tonight is also Dale Hunter against consensus wisdom, I mean, Caps v. Rangers., which should be entertaining.

In the Kings/Blues series, the Kings are once again +2/12 on the penalty kill. Elliott got shelled on Tuesday, and Halak has been declared out for the playoffs. That the Blues don't have Pietrangelo is also a tough, tough move, and as much as I am a Kings fan I hate to see him out due to being boarded.

On another note, I'm glad to see the gooning has decreased this round.

Those guys were all so gassed after what was a fairly fast paced game. I was hoping Holtby would outlast Lundqvist as he is a Saskatchewan boy and Blades alumni but no such luck. He is definitely making a name for himself though.
--
Murray