virgin-burner

do you like watches!?

since i'm working for a rather large company having several brands united, i dont know.. i always liked a nice watch.

got one i've ordered from one of our brands today. it's not too big, kind of "dressy" tough it's a divers watch.. still have to get used to it after wearing the same swatch for a couple years, but, really nice timepiece.

anyway, do you wear a watch, a NICE watch, do you wear one just for the time but just dont care about design or brands..

tell us! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Bought a Casio "Pro Trek PRW-5100-1ER" last year. I wear it all the time. It's "elegant" enough even for a formal event and really robust and practical. Don't need to take care of anything (radio-controlled, solar-powered...) only need to recalibrate altitude now and then. I especially like it has 3 hands but is precise down to the second every day.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I rock a Traser H3 http://www.traserh3watches.com/seiten/Classic_Chronograph_Big_Date_Pro__mod-detail-id-5-sprache-en.html

Tough as shit, tritium lights, tach and date. Use it backpacking and timing mountain bike runs (trying to beat my best times). Any watch would be fine, but I tend to abuse myself and whatever is with me catches a beating too. Hence the tough watch. With a 40 mm bezel its not too big and stupid looking on my wrist.

What watch did you go with?

My dad was a Master Watchmaker and owned a jewelry store, so I have plenty of nice watches.

I almost always wear a 20 year old Seiko dive watch, it's accurate, self-winding, actually 'water proof' not just water resistant and damn near bulletproof as well.

For dressy occasions I wear a classy 'Illinois' brand watch that was made in the 1920's...it too keeps perfect time. My dad gave it to me when I graduated college. I was on a flight to Europe a couple years ago and the gentleman sitting next to me noticed it...he offered to buy it for 5 grand right there.

I had no idea of it's market value but the sentimental value is priceless so I still have it. B|

I probably have over 50 nice time pieces but to me they are a tool not a status symbol, I rarely wear any but the two I mentioned.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I got a couple of cheapos sitting on the dresser. I never seem to wear one anymore. You always have your cell phone to check the time. The only time I feel I need one is when I travel by airliner or visit foreign countries.

I believe manufacturers and retailers have noticed that trend.

I got a couple of cheapos sitting on the dresser. I never seem to wear one anymore. You always have your cell phone to check the time. The only time I feel I need one is when I travel by airliner or visit foreign countries.

I believe manufacturers and retailers have noticed that trend.

And not only them - kids too!

For the birthday of my son, I bought a real good looking one, a lot of functions ..... it's still sitting in its gift box. His smart phone is much more interesting and absolutely fitting for everything in life >:(

dudeist skydiver # 3105

we've had a new machine delivered not too long ago, and i managed to talk one of the guys out of his (companies) pocket knive; it's a classic victorinox with clear (blue) thingies on the shaft, looks really nice, i like it a lot! :)
another reason for being a projectmanager and taking all the benefits with me that i possibly can.. B|:D:)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I love watches, but too reasonable to spend stupid money on them (tho I'd love to! lol)

My everyday is a Ecodrive titanium Citizen that I have since 99.

My dressy ones are a new-ish Balmain (2003 I think), and a 18k automatic Longines that belonged to my dad (I think it was a company gift for his 25th year back in the early 80s).

I also have a couple of cheaper ones I wear once in a while (a Timex Ironman, a Origo alti, and a Kenneth Cole Reaction).

If anyone wants to buy me a Beaume et Mercier, I can PM you the spec... ;-)
Remster

balmain and longines.. good watches!

same "company" as hamilton.. ;)

Swatch didnt make the Longines back then ;-)

never said that.. swatch STILL isnt making them; but they DO belong to the swatch-group, dont they!? ;)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

since i'm working for a rather large company having several brands united, i dont know.. i always liked a nice watch.

got one i've ordered from one of our brands today. it's not too big, kind of "dressy" tough it's a divers watch.. still have to get used to it after wearing the same swatch for a couple years, but, really nice timepiece.

anyway, do you wear a watch, a NICE watch, do you wear one just for the time but just dont care about design or brands..

tell us! :)

No.

Since getting a cellular phone I haven't needed a watch.

In the unlikely event that's out of reach or the battery goes dead I can always look at my laptop, the clock in my car, or the clock in my bicycle computer.

When vacationing in foreign countries with none of that time doesn't matter either.

I developed an allergy to nickel shortly after my teenage years and had to give up watches for awhile, as even those with hypoallergenic backs and leather straps still have cheap metal in the clasps and the pins that connect straps to watch. I still appreciated them, just couldn't wear them. Now fully hypo-allergenic watches are becoming more common, so Muttley bought me a Bulova skeleton model last fall and I'm digging it. B|

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

No.

Since getting a cellular phone I haven't needed a watch.

I got the feeling that some here are making the assumption that a watch (a real watch) is about having the time. it's a side benefit, nothing more...