popsjumper

Flabbergasted for a Comeback?

So..somebody accuses you of saying something you didn't say....what do you do?

Now Joe was considered to be a friend. Frank is Joe's son.

Conversation went like this:

Joe: WTF, Andy? Frank says you called him a piece of shit.
Me: No, I've never called Frank a piece of shit.

Joe: Why would you do that?
Me: I said, I never called Frank a piece of shit.

Joe: Well, I'll get to the bottom of this.
Me: Joe, If Frank said that, he lied to you. He told you a bald face lie.

Joe: Yeah well, we'll see
Me: Whatever

And no, I didn't say it and it's known that Frank has problems with depression and self-esteem. I can understand Joe wanting to stick up for his son. I can't understand Joe's quick-on-the-trigger assumption that his friend (me) would actually do that.

So what comes next?
Options:
1. Leave it at "whatever" and understand that Joe wasn't the friend you thought he was and just walk away from the stupid drama.

2. Sit down face-to-face with Frank and Joe and get to the bottom of it knowing that the likelihood of Frank admitting the truth of it all as being slim to none.

3. Go the route of, "If you are going to be accused of something you didn't do, you may as well go ahead and do it"?

So, if you chose #2, what now if Frank doesn't 'fess up?

Drama, drama, drama...so much BS, so little life left.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Don't worry about it.
you can only do your part of the communication.

If your boyfrie--I mean, friend lets this get in the way of your relatio--I mean friendship, it'll work out.

I'm sure you've lost friends over simpler shit than this.

communication is key.
if you've done all you could do to make him understand that you lov--I mean, respect him and he is still a douche, let him be.

He'll either come back to you or you'll learn to live without him. there are plenty of fish in the sea.:D:D

My photos

My Videos

If you go with #2, then you're just going to have more drama. Go for the more peaceful life. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and who you know will take you for your word. If Joe was a true friend, HE would have been the one to say, "I think we have a misunderstand between Frank and yourself...can we all talk?"
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Are you and Joe arguing somewhere in the SC, because theses petty situations hardly happen to me in real life...when they do, we just beat the shit out of each other like men, then crack a beer and laugh about it....:)

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I go with the "whatever", because you can talk from now till Tuesday, and it does not matter what you say, you can't change their mind, or opinion about what you said or what they think you said.

I also use this on the interwebs, because if I posted something, my saying it again (and again) is not going to change their mind or opinion about what I said or what they think I said. [:/]

That's the only two times I'm going to say that :P

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Even the best of friends will put their family first. Someone that doesn't isn't someone you want to be your friend. If you have any further communication with Frank, you may want to start with something like "Look, you love your son, and I know that. You're putting him first, and you should ..."
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Do you value the friendship more then being right?

You could just say i think i was misunderstood and i was having a shitty day and i took it out on the person who means a lot to me and I am sorry friend that was a pretty shitty thing for me to do to you.

Regardless of what was said or not said just ending it and taking blame it doesn't matter if you said it>>> That's what he heard <<<
This opens the door to friendship continuing or ending on a level ground
or if your ego about i didn't say that and i must be proven right cause then I will look bad means more to you then continue.

Its never about what was said its about what they hear

H Pops

Don't sweat the small stuff.:)
If the kid is BSing dad about this. I can assure you this isn't the first time and won't be the last.shocked]

Don't worry be happy:)
A local couple wrote a article about all the times they got Jr out of trouble. In hindsight they now know they
screwed up because Jr is doing 30-Life in a Ks prison.

The wrote the article as a heads up to all the other parents that are in denial.

R.

They can only afford to visit Jr once a yr.

You were honest and direct. The truth has a way of winning in the long run. Since you didn't do anything wrong, you should continue to act as if nothing happened. If Joe can't handle it, he can just walk away.

If he ever brings it up again, I like Riddler's line about how parents will always be protective of their children.

Anyway, you've got tons of friends here. Don't worry about one or two confused people. :)