ryoder

The luckiest truck driver in Russia

Is it just me or does that truck look a lot like the one in the OP? Outstanding driving on the truckers part.

What, losing control after veering into oncoming traffic while trying to overtake in the snow? Yeah, he's a regular Stirling Moss!;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

1 - Holy CRAP!!!
2 - who are these people who film everything they do in order to capture this stuff???
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

2 - who are these people who film everything they do in order to capture this stuff???

Ever wonder where crash and burn skydiving videos come from?

You film landings for a number of reasons, but I can't understand the interest in filming plain old driving on an ordinary road... Think of the hours and hours of mind-numbingly boring footage for the off chance you might capture something cool... Or maybe I just don't get it. (I think I don't.)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

You film landings for a number of reasons, but I can't understand the interest in filming plain old driving on an ordinary road... Think of the hours and hours of mind-numbingly boring footage for the off chance you might capture something cool... Or maybe I just don't get it. (I think I don't.)

With the cheap and available cameras today, a lot of folks are using setting them up as a sort of insurance to capture who is at fault in accidents. Would explain a great deal about why so many of these YouTube driving videos are taken by commercial vehicles.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

With the cheap and available cameras today, a lot of folks are using setting them up as a sort of insurance to capture who is at fault in accidents. Would explain a great deal about why so many of these YouTube driving videos are taken by commercial vehicles.

Ahhhh... That makes sense...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

There are a number of trucking companies that have a "Dash-cam" installed. Anytime the engine is running, the cam is recording. My understanding is that they have a 30 minute recording time, overwriting the oldest stuff. The driver has a button to push that stops the recording and saves the footage in case of an accident. A few of them have telemetry data from the truck too.
There's an upcoming requirement (2014 IIRC) to have data collection devices (just like airliners) in all commercial vehicles. I don't have a cam, but I already have data collection. Reportedly it saved a driver a speeding ticket, because he locked in the data (push of a button) when he got pulled over and the data showed he wasn't speeding when the cop said he was.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo