vanessalh

Staying healthy around Eloy, AZ

Hey folks,

I'm going to be in Eloy for two weeks of jumping (yah!).
Do you have any recommendations for healthy places to eat?
Organic health food stores, vegan restaurants, places to get wheatgrass juice, etc.
I'd like to do everything I can to keep my energy up for jumping.

Thanks
Vanessa

vegan restaurants =/= healthy

Vegan equals someone's belief about animals and how they cry when you eat them, or use their milk or make shoes out of them.

Healthy = The Bombshelter and trying to keep up with the legend of past DZ.com holiday boogies (a la Skymonkey1).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Eva's has decent vegetarian options, and is the closest place to the DZ (it's a Mexican place.) Last time we were there we tried B Dillon's in Casa Grande for the first time and they had pretty healthy food. Casa Grande has a fair variety of places you can get vegetarian (Chipotle, Jamba Juice.)

Hey folks,

Organic health food stores, vegan restaurants, places to get wheatgrass juice, etc.

Thanks
Vanessa

You must smell lovely on the way to altitude!! B|:)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The Iron Skillet or Bent Prop.

Going to The Bombshelter, is kinda of out of the way if you're at Eloy. ;)

HA! Right. Last time I was at the Bent Prop was for my wife and I's honeymoon (holiday boogie)...we got kicked out of the bar. Good times with good people!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You poor poor girl... :ph34r:

Besides going to the vegetarian options at the Prop (aka, a salad), or as Bill said, Vegie options at Eva's, or the sushi place in CasaGrande, don't expect too too much ;)

Oh, They have some IPA's now at the Prop, so, technically, that kinda like health food, right?
Remster

Eva's has decent vegetarian options, and is the closest place to the DZ (it's a Mexican place.) Last time we were there we tried B Dillon's in Casa Grande for the first time and they had pretty healthy food. Casa Grande has a fair variety of places you can get vegetarian (Chipotle, Jamba Juice.)

As Bill said, Casa Grande is the closest with any concentration of restaurants/shops. The grocery stores there are pretty standard chain stores (Safeway, Wal Mart, Fry's - which is a Kroger grocery store, not the large electronics store!). They'll all have some tiny selection of organic produce and maybe a few vegan options, but not great. Closest Whole Foods is in the Phoenix area.

We're planning to hit Trader Joe's (and maybe Whole Foods) in Phoenix on our way down to the dropzone and stock up, and will be staying in our RV and doing most of our own cooking. I'm not vegan (far from it -unabashed carnivore!) but I try to be pretty careful about the quality of my food, and know that I'll have the best luck staying reasonably healthy if I prepare most of my own meals.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Remi gave me a white pill once, said it took the alcohal out of my beer. I dont think it worked because I passed out and dont remember a thing except I had a Canadian flag tattoo then on my ass. :)

There is a fine line between being a hopeless romantic and a stalker

Remi gave me a white pill once, said it took the alcohal out of my beer. I dont think it worked because I passed out and dont remember a thing except I had a Canadian flag tattoo then on my ass.

Were you missing any Spandex ?

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Hey folks,

Thanks
Vanessa

There's probably a app for that:)
One Jump Wonder

Hey folks,

Thanks
Vanessa

We're sorry, the healthy options app is not available for Pima County.

Hey folks,

Thanks
Vanessa

We're sorry, the healthy options app is not available for Pima County.

Hey! Pima isn't Bumfuck middle of nowhere. Pinal, now that's a different story ;)https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pinal+county&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x872a5ca4729540fb:0x5b2d2afbe66fb8b3,Pinal,+AZ&gl=us&ei=USXTUJH9Bcb1qAGTu4DgAQ&ved=0CJUBELYD
Remster

Thanks for all your suggestions and friendly jabs folks :)
I discovered they have free beer at the DZ, which means I'm way to drunk to go anywhere to eat, but also drunk enough that I'll eat a creature a at the bent prop and pretend I didn't the next morning....

The vegan walk of shame? Nice to meet you last night, though you probably don't remember. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Not sure of the Vegan menu but Feli's Cuban Kitchen in Casa Grande is a good start.

i took a bunch of folks there last Xmas, REALLY good food :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?