NewGuy2005

Comet

I tried for several days to see it. No joy.

I live out in the country on a five acre ranch. There are no streetlights and it is over 100 miles to the nearest major metropolitan area. I have an unobstructed western view. It gets REALLY dark when the sun goes down. As far as good viewing conditions, I should have been at a 10 out of 10.

I am begininng to think that this "comet" was an extremely well played practical joke.

Saw the Hale-Bopp about 15 years ago - that was quite good and clearly visible with the naked eye.

Hale-Bopp was incredible.

I heard it was to die for.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Saw the Hale-Bopp about 15 years ago - that was quite good and clearly visible with the naked eye.

:D:D:D

Literally!!

Fucking idiots...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Literally!!

Fucking idiots...

So many idiots; So few comets.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Literally!!

Fucking idiots...

So many idiots; So few comets.[:/]

I know... Not enough doomsday predictions too, for that matter! >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Don't know why I'm being called an idiot - Hale-Bopp is a long period comet and will probably return sometime around 4385 AD and was visible to the naked eye for about 18 1/2 months. I'll never see it again so it was worth the effort of going out to watch it.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

Don't know why I'm being called an idiot - Hale-Bopp is a long period comet and will probably return sometime around 4385 AD and was visible to the naked eye for about 18 1/2 months. I'll never see it again so it was worth the effort of going out to watch it.

No he was talking about the maroons who offed themselves in a mass suicide as led by the wide eyed nuttterr, so they could board the spacecraft that was hiding behind the comet out of view from us mere mortals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_(cult)

No he was talking about the maroons who offed themselves in a mass suicide as led by the wide eyed nuttterr, so they could board the spacecraft that was hiding behind the comet out of view from us mere mortals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_(cult)

You forgot to mention he was a *nutless* Nutter.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.