Maxx

Gnarley Bike Basejump

I would describe that as a "moron maneuver".

Why?

Would you feel differently about it all if the well planned jump was performed by some big shot stunt man sponsored by Red Bull and filmed from a thousand different angles with $60,000 cameras?

There have been crazier jumps that practically receive unanimous plaudits, so I'm just curious to hear the thoughts behind all the various "hater" perspectives given in this thread.

I mean, I could understand all the naysay if it was some inexperienced drunken asshole with a death wish who just decided to fly his bike off a cliff whilst blasting Metallica, but that's not the case here...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

getting line-stretch five feet off the deck is not what I consider "well thought-out"; it's "sport death" . Deploying high enough to get a fully-open and functionally-flying canopy that you can fly to a safe landing is what I consider "plausible, not-too-stupid, and worth of posting on the internet in other than the "sport death" category. Jumping a round with no diaper would have made much more sense in those two near-catastrophic videos. Thank god for the crash pad at the low demo. No amount of sponsorship money, or lack of money, changes my perception of what I consider reckless and borderline suicidal.

Chuck Blue, D-12501

I appreciate your reply...and though I don't necessarily think that the jump was stupid nor moronic, I can agree that it might be somewhat reckless/borderline suicidal and that it may be better if such extreme feats remain private...but I did appreciate it on a certain level.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...