FB1609

Abusing the Quote button?

Just my little rant...

Why does everyone on this forum quote a huge wall of text for no reason? You could at least cut what is irrelevant. This leads to pages of the same thing over and over....yes I read it already thanks. Use the reply button or edit the quote if it's huge...how hard is that? It really would make this place easier to read a whole thread.

Anyone else ever feel like this or do you love using the quote button?

InB4 someone quotes me

FB1609

Just my little rant...

Why does everyone on this forum quote a huge wall of text for no reason? You could at least cut what is irrelevant. This leads to pages of the same thing over and over....yes I read it already thanks. Use the reply button or edit the quote if it's huge...how hard is that? It really would make this place easier to read a whole thread.

InB4 someone quotes me

It doesn't bother me and I do it myself most of the time. It makes it far more obvious on who or what you're replying to then just randomly pressing Reply on someone's post.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

FB1609

Just my little rant...

InB4 someone quotes me

I don't see a problem with it..but for you, i'll edit what's relevant then

GooniesKid

I don't see a problem with it..but for you, i'll edit what's relevant then

I expect the OP was specifically aiming that at the places where someone quotes a person that posted a page-long message.

I've wondered the same thing on occasion.

I usually edit the quoted text and just leave the relevant portion. Makes your point much more clear.
__

My mighty steed

Arvoitus

***Just my little rant...

InB4 someone quotes me

It doesn't bother me and I do it myself most of the time. It makes it far more obvious on who or what you're replying to then just randomly pressing Reply on someone's post.
Can't say it bugs me either :)
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

Remster

*********Just my little rant...

It doesn't bother me

Yes, I prefer to edit for specifiicitityness. :)
I think it's fine.

It doesn't bother me, either. It's easy to skim(or ignore) the blue box. What does bother me is when someone doesn't understand how it works and posts their reply inside the quotes. :S Cherry picking through the blue box to discern the reply is tiresome.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Behold! The "Quote Burrito!" All wrapped up in donkey crap. I hate these. Personal preference, sure, but I think they're silly.

oldwomanc6

************Just my little rant...

It doesn't bother me
Yes, I prefer to edit for specifiicitityness. :)I think it's fine.
It doesn't bother me, either. It's easy to skim(or ignore) the blue box. What does bother me is when someone doesn't understand how it works and posts their reply inside the quotes. :S Cherry picking through the blue box to discern the reply is tiresome.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

FB1609

Guilty :$ (sometimes)... It *is* annoying and I will try to be less lazy about selective quoting. Sorry :(
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

quade

Behold! The "Quote Burrito!" All wrapped up in donkey crap. I hate these. Personal preference, sure, but I think they're silly.

***************Just my little rant...

It doesn't bother me

Nonsense.
Remster

Is not!

Remster

***Behold! The "Quote Burrito!" All wrapped up in donkey crap. I hate these. Personal preference, sure, but I think they're silly.

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

FB1609

Just my little rant...

InB4 someone quotes me

this is annoying, when as you say, someone quotes an entire page and all the replies with it, but even worse are the people who say they can't use the url button. "i can't make a clicky" bull shit. f'ing idiots are just too lazy to try. maybe it's just me, but if there were something on a forum that i couldn't do and everyone else could, i would be so ashamed to post anything i would probably leave and never post another thing.

quade

Is not!
******Behold! The "Quote Burrito!" All wrapped up in donkey crap. I hate these. Personal preference, sure, but I think they're silly.

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

What's more irritating is the people who insert their comment into the middle of the quoted text.

It looks like they simply quoted the message without adding anything to it, and you have to search a bit to find their part.

Either that or the people who add their message to the top rather than the bottom. Same problem. It's not in the "usual" spot, so it takes time and effort to figure out what they are trying to say.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***Is not!
******Behold! The "Quote Burrito!" All wrapped up in donkey crap. I hate these. Personal preference, sure, but I think they're silly.

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

What's more irritating is the people who insert their comment into the middle of the quoted text.

It looks like they simply quoted the message without adding anything to it, and you have to search a bit to find their part.

Either that or the people who add their message to the top rather than the bottom. Same problem. It's not in the "usual" spot, so it takes time and effort to figure out what they are trying to say.

There's an echo in here! ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

******Is not!

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

Echooooooooooooo.

Something that I find interesting is that I think this is the most quoted thread of posts... I wonder if there's a maximum number of quotes you can embed in a quote.;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

*********Is not!

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

Echooooooooooooo.

Something that I find interesting is that I think this is the most quoted thread of posts... I wonder if there's a maximum number of quotes you can embed in a quote.;)

Where will it end?! :ph34r:
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

************Is not!

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

Echooooooooooooo.

I feel a black hole forming.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

theonlyski

***************Is not!

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

Echooooooooooooo.

I think they have cream for that...
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Heatmiser

******************Is not!

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

Echooooooooooooo.

Antimatter?

theonlyski

*********************Is not!

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

Echooooooooooooo.

Antimatter?

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth but this is an important experiment. Really ;)

Opie

************************Is not!

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

Echooooooooooooo.

Antimatter?

I concur.

theonlyski

***************************Is not!

It doesn't bother me
Nonsense.

Echooooooooooooo.

Antimatter?

I concur.

For science! http://xkcd.com/54/
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery