Tink1717

Just out of curiosity....

Tink1717

...If you were forced to leave your home country and go elsewhere, where would you go? Someplace that's more or less the same or some place totally different?

Caribbean - Saint Somewhere.... I gotta go where it's warm. ;)

I grew up in NJ on the beach and I just can't leave the ocean. I'm seriously only truly happy with life when I'm on the water/under the water or on the beach.

Would we have to work? Or is this an "I'm now independently wealthy - eff work!" kind of situation??
Always be kinder than you feel.

JohnMitchell

I was gonna say Hawaii but you guys would laugh at me.

Love Italy but I think Spain might be better for jumping. Australia and hanging with Squeak would be high on the list.

Because that's still technically "your country"?

The folks had trouble finding work in Hawaii in the 70s but to be fair that could have been more them than Hawaii. Mom has a journalism degree and Dad has a degree in botany but apparently doesn't want to grow weed.

Are there any turbine DZs in Hawaii? In a couple of years I might go back there to fly my wingsuit over the island for a week.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

oldwomanc6

***Belize

Now, I'm curious. Why?

Beach, Natives, Jungle, snorkeling, atolls, boating, people, Maya, travel to other central American countries, etc.

And, I've been there. And, no... I have not read, "Sugar Alpha" and really have no plans to.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I wasn't forced to leave my home country (UK) but chose to and I picked the exact same place as Bigun picked - Belize.

Totally different in that it is like 1970s UK, but still developing, drive on the other side of the road, pretty isolated (I live in the middle of the jungle).

At least the language is the same (well kind of) and if I really need a bit of civilization I can just jump on a bus to Cancun.

LuckyMcSwervy

***...If you were forced to leave your home country and go elsewhere, where would you go? Someplace that's more or less the same or some place totally different?

Caribbean - Saint Somewhere.... I gotta go where it's warm. ;)

I grew up in NJ on the beach and I just can't leave the ocean. I'm seriously only truly happy with life when I'm on the water/under the water or on the beach.

Would we have to work? Or is this an "I'm now independently wealthy - eff work!" kind of situation??

I have to add the thought of I also NEED to be near shopping. Like a Target or a Walmart shopping for household goods like paper towels, toiletries, etc. I spent about a month and a half in Key West over this summer and the "closer to Cuba than a Walmart" killed me. Yes, thay have a KMart but IMHO, KMart sucks. I had to drive 3 hours Florida City to the outlets one day just to get some retail therapy. But they do have a Publix, which is a really great treat!! B|

Now I need to Google what the "department" store type places are in the Caribbean.... I'm gonna be SOL, I'm sure. :D

I do know Puerto Rico has a Walmart! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

FlyingRhenquest

Are there any turbine DZs in Hawaii? In a couple of years I might go back there to fly my wingsuit over the island for a week.

North Shore Oahu has two turbine DZ's sharing an airport. Their main focus is tandems but you can catch a ride to altitude with either bunch.B|

JohnMitchell

I was gonna say Hawaii but you guys would laugh at me.

Love Italy but I think Spain might be better for jumping. Australia and hanging with Squeak would be high on the list.

He's never there John :P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

shropshire

España .... Great weather, Great food, loads of History

And me,

Me, I'd up an move to Sri lanka in a heartbeat, somewhere in the south near Galle for the winter
and Kandy in the summer. Fresh tea in the morning and Arrack all night.

Gone fishing

Tink1717

...If you were forced to leave your home country and go elsewhere, where would you go? Someplace that's more or less the same or some place totally different?

I was thinking Australia. Different enough( southern hemisphere, outback, driving on the opposite side ), but the same where it counts (language, first world, western culture, food, etc...).

Discuss.

I want to get BACK to my home country..i'm a wanted man in 20 different countries [:/]
And by wanted i mean not by the law but by a few lady friends if you know what i mean ;)

I think just about anywhere could be an interesting place to live, as long as you have the option to move elsewhere if/when you tire of it.

When I was 15 I spent a year in Sweden... I always thought I'd go back but it turns out there are so many places I'd love to discover I prefer to go somewhere new when I have the time/money to travel. People used to ask me when I would "go back home" (meaning Canada), but I kinda feel the same about it... If I did ever "go back," however, I'd probably like to try living out west for a change.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Darius11

(meaning Canada)

CANADA
you mean i have read all of your posts with a British accent in my head for no reason at all.

Why did i assume you were from the UK:|

Probably because I lived in the UK for several years (even ended up with a British passport)... Also had "UK" next to my profile for a long time :P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

(meaning Canada)

CANADA
you mean i have read all of your posts with a British accent in my head for no reason at all.

Why did i assume you were from the UK:|

Probably because I lived in the UK for several years (even ended up with a British passport)... Also had "UK" next to my profile for a long time :P

Ohhhhh:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain