Tink1717

Just out of curiosity....

...If you were forced to leave your home country and go elsewhere, where would you go? Someplace that's more or less the same or some place totally different?

I was thinking Australia. Different enough( southern hemisphere, outback, driving on the opposite side ), but the same where it counts (language, first world, western culture, food, etc...).

Discuss.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Tink1717

...If you were forced to leave your home country and go elsewhere, where would you go? Someplace that's more or less the same or some place totally different?

I was thinking Australia. Different enough( southern hemisphere, outback, driving on the opposite side ), but the same where it counts (language, first world, western culture, food, etc...).

Discuss.

Switzerland.

One thing is that the Flag is a big plus!

( I told him I was stealing it.)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If we're talking flags, I'd have a hard time between Germany and Norway.;)

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

Tink1717

...If you were forced to leave your home country and go elsewhere..

Providing that you like your home country, search for similar place where no one will be able to force you out.
Language barrier should be an easy trade
What goes around, comes later.

Tink1717

Discuss.

I'm from the US but have spent about 1/3 of my life in Australia, so my answer would be the same I suppose.
cavete terrae.

I don't know. I'm fifty. A new language is a big deal these days.:|

Having lived in another country, well, I'd be open to lots of places. If I were settling down permanently, it might be New Zealand (very nice, but very isolated), or somewhere in Europe (much more going on), or maybe in Brazil (lived there, it'd be easy).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The thought of a winter that long and deep is a deal breaker. Plus, any place that puts a Sarah Palin in office is off the table. Same applies to TX.

Funny how I never considered anyplace in South America. Hmmmmmmmm.

I'd love to see the Tour De France in person. How's the skiing?

Tink1717

I don't know. I'm fifty. A new language is a big deal these days.:|

Im also 50 and learning a new language, it's no big deal, unless you want it to be.

Id either move to Catalunya Spain or the Southern USA
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was in Dominica last winter; it's like returning to the 1960's. If you really yearn for a time like that, I could think of worse places.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

As a serious answer, I would want a country that was predominately English-speaking.

I lived in Japan, ages ago, and it was tough, language-wise. I'm older now, so it would be even harder to live somewhere I couldn't communicate easily. I could do NZ or Canada (Nova Scotia, specifically), being isolated doesn't bother me, and it's beautiful.

I don't talk a lot, but when I do, I like to think I'm being understood. :)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I could go near about anywhere really. Australia sounds kind of nice and is rated highly for quality of life. France might not be a bad choice either. I really liked Romania when I visited there. Japan could be nifty but it'd have to be out of the city. I think I'd do OK anywhere in eastern Europe.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?