oldwomanc6

What's the Sexiest Accent?

RMK

I must assume your husband is Scottish; to most ears the Scottish accent is as smooth as a cheese grater.

No. :(. He's American with a neutral accent. He does, however, play bagpipes and wears a kilt regularly. B|

I was watching BrewDogs which got me wondering what others thought. :ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Dunno about accent, but far and away the sexiest voice I ever heard was from the head of the student liaison office for the Saudis in 1979 or 1980 in Houston. I had to call them for my job with Dun & Bradstreet, and I hung on every word. Damn. I made up about 3 further calls before I figured out it'd eventually lead to stalking :D

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

LuckyMcSwervy

******I was watching BrewDogs which got me wondering what others thought. :ph34r:

Scottish does it for a lot of women. Vskydiver has a serious Gerard Butler thing goin'. :o

I enjoy listening to Craig Ferguson speak. B|

The last word on Scottish accents: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSXMS8ABAAUB|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I routinely lapse into a British accent at work. Mostly to mess with the Brits. I use an accent that is softer than the Scottish accent. The Brits refer to it as a Southern accent.

I went into it the other day when a very proper English Colonel was asking me something. He has a two part last name, which indicates he is descended from upper crust. That's kind of what my accent is. He just stared at me blankly for a moment. Then, he said, "That's creepy. Yanks aren't supposed to sound like that."

Apparenlty, I do it pretty well. Mostly, they tell me they can understand me better when I talk like that.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

to most ears the Scottish accent is as smooth as a cheese grater.

Depends on which region and how strong it is. Most people apparently associate a Scottish accent (assuming it's understandable!) with sincerity and trustworthiness. It's one of the reasons lots of companies base their UK call centres in Scotland.

kallend

***I like an English accent on a lady.

My R/C transmitter, made in China (where else is possible) has a very nice English lady giving voice alerts, telemetry updates, etc.

Too bad my cars GPS unit isn't a TomTom: http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=5&BID=14
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Irish and Hungarian for me.

My first wife was Hungarian and sounded like the Gabor sisters not trying to be sexy. Men would lock onto the sound of her voice and just quit listening to the words. It was funny as hell to watch.

Of course, it didn't hurt that she was a knock out either.;)