Nataly

Losing/gaining weight...

Do you nibble all day long when stressed or bored or do you lose your appetite when things get tough? Do you notice different lifestyle habits when things are going exceptionally poorly or well in your life? Are you one of those people who has been skinny / fat their entire life no matter what??

(I'm bored, can't sleep and am just wondering... Me: lose when feeling down; gain when super happy.)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I've been slim all my life and have had to really arch to stay down without weights. (hate 'em!)

In the winter I find myself grabbing a handful of nuts and berries or snacking too frequently and put on 10+ pounds that has to come off about annually.

At least it isn't as hard to stay down anymore.

jon

Gain when I am indulging and using my ADHD "tomorrow" excuse. Lose when I want to. I just started a calorie deficient diet because of the long winter over here and coming off an injury. Lost 8 pounds immediately and but have been stuck now as I am eating a lot of Protein and Fat and working my body. Gain may mean fat or a higher body/fat ratio. I started last week only 10 pounds over my personal ideal weight but I lacked about 7 pounds of muscle so it was worse than scale showed. Weight isn't everything.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

I love junk food and if I let myself indulge I put on weight fairly quickly. Before I realized I really needed to watch how much I eat, I got up to 245 pounds! I went on a calorie counting type diet and lost 65 pounds over a 7 month period. I also started running at the same time to help get the weight off and to maintain some muscle mass. Now I keep my weight within a 10 pound variation of 185 to 195 so that I can keep a regular fall-rate.

promise5

I stay within a range and I'm happy with the way I look. :P

Ditto.

I did lose a lot more weight than I expected after I had my son, though. I was really happy with my pre baby body, so it took some time to get used to being this small.

jimjumper

I love junk food and if I let myself indulge I put on weight fairly quickly. Before I realized I really needed to watch how much I eat, I got up to 245 pounds! I went on a calorie counting type diet and lost 65 pounds over a 7 month period. I also started running at the same time to help get the weight off and to maintain some muscle mass. Now I keep my weight within a 10 pound variation of 185 to 195 so that I can keep a regular fall-rate.

Great job!
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

ryoder

***(I'm bored, can't sleep...

What?:o
Is the BF neglecting his duties?:ph34r:

Nope - just because I can't sleep doesn't mean he shouldn't have a decent night's rest...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

amstalder

I did lose a lot more weight than I expected after I had my son, though. I was really happy with my pre baby body, so it took some time to get used to being this small.

I can't imagine you being smaller!

BTW, when's a good time to make another lunch run up there? May be able to convince the girlfriend to come with! :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Nataly

Do you nibble all day long when stressed or bored or do you lose your appetite when things get tough? Do you notice different lifestyle habits when things are going exceptionally poorly or well in your life? Are you one of those people who has been skinny / fat their entire life no matter what??

(I'm bored, can't sleep and am just wondering... Me: lose when feeling down; gain when super happy.)

I've been fat/obese most of my life and after I hit 40+ on BMI, I lost most of the extra weight about 6-7 years ago and I've been hovering around 25 BMI ever since. Well until last fall I had small injury and I had to reduce the amount of exercise I do but instead of reducing my calorie intake I increased it (I started eating out of boredom) and my BF% went from ~14 to ~21, which I've been working on getting down now for a while.

I struggled for a long time in admitting that there is big emotional component in me eating badly but once I finally came to terms with it controlling my weight became easier.

Still there are massive variations in my weight as I still go through periods of eating very badly to eating well.

One thing I've been doing is keeping a daily record of my weight which gives a good perspective on things, since the gut feeling I have is not necessarily always very objective.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

At the moment I'm around 250 lbs at 6ft, I'm a really bad eater, I can't stomach
eating at breakfast time, I'll pick at what ever I'm cooking at lunch time
then eat a hearty meal at around 21.30. Before I became a cook I was
always around 170-175 lb
Funny thing, I have noticed that before just before each divorce I seem to return to
175 lb.

So in conclusion if you want to lose weight get a divorce.

Gone fishing