LuckyMcSwervy

Men: I Love You But Sometimes I Just Don't Get You

agaace

Now I look back and wonder how I could have ever been bothered by immature, commitment-phobic boys. The only answer that comes to my mind is that maybe I needed some extra time to grow up as well.

Seems like a lot of people, men and women, bounce right back into a relationship immediately after one ends. I think a person should learn to be happy by themselves, before they try it with someone else. And quite possibly, they're so desperate not to be alone, they'll try way too hard to make whatever random person fit with them.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

quade

This is not a man vs woman issue. This is a human vs psychopath issue.

Psychopathy being a sliding scale and pretty much everyone having a little bit of it, but some people being 11 on a scale of 10.

The forces of evolution make everyone at least a little self serving. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of someone else, right?

Lucky, he sounds like one to avoid.

JohnMitchell

***This is not a man vs woman issue. This is a human vs psychopath issue.

Psychopathy being a sliding scale and pretty much everyone having a little bit of it, but some people being 11 on a scale of 10.

The forces of evolution make everyone at least a little self serving. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of someone else, right?

Lucky, he sounds like one to avoid.

But John[:/]

Maybe Lucky:) needs a project, she can help the dude turn his life around. The reward of saving a lost soul I imagine would be very gratifying. :)
And everyone will live a happy life forever after. :)Happy Happy Happy

R.I.P.

In case any one asks, No I wouldn't do it:S, I'm not qualified :(
But Lucky :)might be.
One Jump Wonder

Despite the great advice I received from DZ.com, I entered into a relationship with a co-worker who is 14 years my junior. I have worked together with her for 6 years, so we kind of know each other.

This being the first (real) relationship for me after being divoriced 20 years ago. I feel like a fish out of water.

Any little tidbits of advice would be greatly appreciated.

My brother has been married for twenty years to a woman he met at work. His secretary, in fact. However, she quit her job and they transferred away as soon as they actually got married.

So consider which you value more, the job or the relationship, and then preserve that one. Not trying to torpedo the other, but you really don't want to end with neither. At least in my not too extensive experience :)
And enjoy the relationship; one that you work at enjoying is more likely to end well if it ends.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

SkyDekker

Wow, what a clever way to call Kallend gay and get a dig in.

:S:S:S

Another Kallend defence council member . . . Nice.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Everyone - Thank you so much for your input and advice. The WiFi at the house went tits up a couple of days or so after I posted this (rental house) and I just can't deal with websites on my cell unless it's an app. I'm sorry for the delay in acknowledging everyone's thoughtful replies.

I think it's best to say I let this one go and let it drop. I'm sad and stressed over things in general but this too shall pass.

Thanks again. :)

Always be kinder than you feel.

FlyingRhenquest

Now I look back and wonder how I could have ever been bothered by immature, commitment-phobic boys. The only answer that comes to my mind is that maybe I needed some extra time to grow up as well.

Seems like a lot of people, men and women, bounce right back into a relationship immediately after one ends. I think a person should learn to be happy by themselves, before they try it with someone else. And quite possibly, they're so desperate not to be alone, they'll try way too hard to make whatever random person fit with them.

Are you saying I should have waited at least a week from my divorce being finalized until getting remarried?

My wife is hotter than your wife.