keithbar

is it just.me???

or is everyone else also sick and tired of hearing about Bruce/ Caitlyn Jenner and his transformation into a tranny. I'm sorry but being willing to have your penis surgically removed does not a hero make. the way the media is going on and on they are ready to nominate him for a Congressional Medal of Honor. just :S.its not even noteworthy.much less newsworthy
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I really don't care one way or another.
So I don't pay that much attention.

But even not paying "that much attention", I noticed that:

He's sort of a Kardashian. They get incredible amounts of media coverage for basically being good looking and stupid.

He's probably the biggest "celebrity" to do this. Chastity/Chaz Bono got a bunch of attention at first, then faded away mostly.

A lot of people did actually admire him for what he did. He was an Olympic athlete who won a gold medal in a pretty grueling event.

The media frenzy when he was beginning his changeover was ridiculous. Tabloids, papparazzi, all that stupid shit. He didn't seem to be looking for a whole lot of attention, but got it. He finally stood up and said (more or less) "Yes, I'm going to be a woman." And he took a ton of shit on it. Maybe not in the media, but certainly on social media. Look at the jokes that were made at his expense.
He didn't lash out, he didn't run and hide. He stood there and took it. I don't think I could have handled it anywhere near as well as he did.

I'm not willing to call him a "hero," but I do admire the way he is determined to be true to himself, no matter what.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

http://distractify.com/Myka-Fox/just-dont-be-a-dick/?ts_pid=5

Three (#1, #4, and #5) out of five and a bonus use of the term "tranny" and we're only two posts in. I expect #3 and #4 to be picked up, probably before this thing gets moved to Speakers Corner. dropzone.com never disappoints. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm fine with being called a dick it's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm not fine with her being called a hero . and I don't think her transition transformation whatever you want to call it . Is worthy of the media attention it's received .of course nobody in the Kardashian family is worthy of the media attention they have received. Imo Ymmv
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

JohnnyMarko

Let it go. What has SHE done to you?

I saw the original story, and then chose not to click on anymore stories about HER.

Man, people spend so much time getting offended by stuff. It must be exhausting.

^This^

Gender Dysphoria is a recognised condition that seriously affects those who suffer with it. Constantly referring to someone who has made their choices for name and pronoun public by their former name and pronoun is , IMO, the height of bad manners. The use of the derogatory "tranny" is also in very bad taste.

Many people use the word "hero" to describe someone inspirational in their life and while it may devalue the word for some, it doesn't matter because to that person, at that place and time, someone gave them the courage to stand up and make a change in their life, possibly something that they had been too scared to do previously.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

Imagine there's a boy somewhere in small town, USA, who has never felt OK in his own gender and who might have even considered suicide because he can't cope being ridiculed for being "different". To that boy and his family, Caitlyn might very well be a hero to them if her story gives that boy courage and saves his life.

There are people all over the world who wish they could have gender reassignment, but being ridiculed by society stops them from doing it. Caitlyn has opened a conversation that needs to be talked about until people stop being uncomfortable with gender reassignment surgeries.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Imagine there's a boy somewhere in small town, USA, who has never felt OK in his own gender and who might have even considered suicide because he can't cope being ridiculed for being "different". To that boy and his family, Caitlyn might very well be a hero to them if her story gives that boy courage and saves his life.

Well there you go. As I watch the decades go by, I'm glad that our society is becoming more accepting of those whose lives are different from the mainstream. I've seen friends wrestling with questions of their own sexual identity, causing all kinds of problems in their lives. I'm hoping someday everyone will be comfortable being who they are. Currently it still takes a bit of courage to come out of that closet, but it's getting easier, IMHO.

At the same time, "hero" is a word bandied about lightly. I would like to see it used more sparingly. :)

keithbar

or is everyone else also sick and tired of hearing about Bruce/ Caitlyn Jenner and his transformation into a tranny.

I saw the cover pic but haven't really followed the story. That's what I love about TV remotes and the internet, always something else if you're bored with what you're watching. ;)

What I AM tired of (and have had no patience from the beginning for) is the WAY in which the tabloids treated her and the whole process. As if it were some scandalous, deep dark secret that she was trying to keep, the hiding of which would ultimately undo our world as we know it. It is not, and she had every right to do this for herself (loved the Vanity Fair cover, BTW).

Stealing billions of dollars, or letting a major safety/health hazard go unreported/uncorrected because it will make one person a ton of money? Yeah, that's a scandal worthy of this tone. ("[gasp], what an outrage!"). But this? Not even close.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Phillbo

Some people will do anything to get away from the Kardashians :)

Even better, the Vanity Fair cover shots makes Caitlyn look better than her ex-wife Kris. :o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***Some people will do anything to get away from the Kardashians :)

Even better, the Vanity Fair cover shots makes Caitlyn look better than her ex-wife Kris. :o

I rather doubt this is a good thread to be smart-assing someone named Kris. No, sirree.

One person pointed out that she is a former Olympic athlete, very celebrated for that, who is holding her head high in the face of prejudice from many people over a physical trait she can't control. They drew a parallel to Jackie Robinson, who, of course, led the integration of major league baseball in this country.

Not saying it's exactly the same, but food for thought. ;)

Andy9o8

******Some people will do anything to get away from the Kardashians :)

I rather doubt this is a good thread to be smart-assing someone named Kris. No, sirree.

What? Anybody that signs up for a reality TV show, opens themselves up to the inevitable criticism (both positive and negative) and jokes as well. It's America. Personally, I'm sick of the Kardashian ladies.

Sure, they're a lot richer than the Honey Boo Boo family, but no smarter.... :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

*********Some people will do anything to get away from the Kardashians :)

What? Anybody that signs up for a reality TV show, opens themselves up to the inevitable criticism (both positive and negative) and jokes as well. It's America. Personally, I'm sick of the Kardashian ladies.

Sure, they're a lot richer than the Honey Boo Boo family, but no smarter.... :S

(pssst, I think he meant Krisanne)