nicrussell

Like wow man!
This thread reminds me of the first time I drove through downtown Vancouver during a 420 celebration.
I was scheduled to pick up a bus at Burrard Skytrain Station. I arrived an hour early, so wandered around downtown. A huge crowd milled about the old art gallery. They were mostly in their 20s and 30s wearing colourful, baggy clothing. Many had not visited barbers in recent memory and a few sported dread-locks. Some of the older hippies had pony-tails hanging half-way down their backs. Blue smoke and a distinctive door filled the air. Friendly vendors were selling brownies and cupcakes on the sidewalk. Some of those chocolate brownies looked mighty tasty.
Then I slapped myself and said "You are on duty. Stay sober."

What a mistake!

By the time I drove my bus away from Burrard Station, the festivities had let out. Stoners jay-walked back forth and back and forth and back and forth across Burrard Street. It took me 20 minutes to reach the Burrard Street Bridge.

I was starting to get impatient ...

Then I remembered those delicious-looking brownies ...

What were we talking about man?

promise5

I don't get the 420 meaning ?
Why 420?
Why not some other number?

Too many digits for a blonde to remember?:P
How about "42"?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

After clicking the link and pegging the proxy logs with my loser name, sadly, an NSFW might be required for some folks at work.
Bollocks.
:D

Come now, it's a Time Magazine story. How can anyone claim NSFW? It's just research!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

ryoder

***I don't get the 420 meaning ?
Why 420?
Why not some other number?

Too many digits for a blonde to remember?:P
How about "42"?:D Rofl
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

headoverheels

***It's always 420 somewhere.B|

Right now

Well next year all of Canada will be 420.

"TORONTO (Reuters) - Canada's Liberal government will introduce legislation to legalize and regulate recreational marijuana in spring 2017, Health Minister Jane Philpott said on Wednesday.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau promised during last year's election campaign that his Liberals would legalize recreational marijuana, following the U.S. states of Washington and Colorado, but the time frame has been unclear.

Philpott, speaking at a special session of the U.N. General Assembly in New York on drug problems around the world, said the Canadian law will ensure marijuana is kept away from children and will keep criminals from profiting from its sale."
http://ca.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idCAKCN0XH209

So B.C. bud will be available from coast to coast.