airdvr

Tailgate lottery

jclalor

when some one tailgates, I just take that opportunity for clean the front windshield.

Yeah, the fluid sprays out beyond the windshield onto the tailgater's. If you're going fast enough that is.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

airdvr

you've all missed the main point of my post. Have you ever considered taking the hit from behind so you could collect on the insurance money?

No, plus with the increasing numbers of dashboard cameras it may become very clear you purposely caused the accident which would likely invalidate your insurance coverage.

My personal rule is:

Don't be the dumb bastard that causes a wreck due to road rage and don't force anyone to slam their brakes and lose control.

There are plenty of ways to fuck over a tailgater or someone who's on a mission to get the fuck past you, but I never employ tactics that causes wrecks or makes drivers lose control.

And if the other driver appears hell bent on going further than you're willing to, it's time to disengage and bail.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Why are you riding side by side with someone if you are doing the same speed? That is just rude!! Either speed up or slow down and get in the same lane. >:(

Guy tailgating may be an Ahole, but you are a real dick for not getting over in the first place. The left lane is for passing, not sitting along side someone else and blocking traffic.

While watching a TV morning show interview with a Florida State Trooper, I was surprised to learn that you will be ticketed for impeding traffic if you do this in the left lane even if you are exceeding the speed limit. And, If you're speeding, you'll likely get a ticket for that too.

airdvr

Ever been tailgated by someone in a relatively new vehicle? Or better yet a commercial vehicle? I've been tempted on several occasions to cynch up my seatbelts really tight and give them the ultimate brake check.

"You didn't see that dog dart across the street?"

Anyone else?

There's two kinds of drivers I hate. Tailgaters and guys who won't move over when you get right on their ass!
If you leave the plane without a parachute, you will be fine for the rest of your life.

raff

***Ever been tailgated by someone in a relatively new vehicle? Or better yet a commercial vehicle? I've been tempted on several occasions to cynch up my seatbelts really tight and give them the ultimate brake check.

"You didn't see that dog dart across the street?"

Anyone else?

There's two kinds of drivers I hate. Tailgaters and guys who won't move over when you get right on their ass!

I usually don't waste my time waiting. I'll go around, whatever works, even the emergency lane if it's clear. Fuck em. :)

As someone who drives for a living I have a couple things for you guys. And you will notice that all us here commenting are men. Women seldom play the road rage game.

The first and most important thing is relax, let it go, it's not important. Whether it is tailgating, texting, rapid lane changes, driving too slow in the fast lane, or whatever. It only matters if you let it matter. The amount of time it will cost you in the end is nearly none.

The second thing is to note that whatever mistake the ignorant fucking retarted bastard son of a dog and a donkey had done to completely ruin your day and make you consider causing a collision, or maybe even squeezing off a few rounds, because he deserves it, he is likely just like you. No matter what he did, you have almost certainly done the same bloody thing at least once to someone else. I know I have been guilty of both sides of this game, but no more.

Life is short. Relax. Put the phone down.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I have actually seen plenty of women road ragers. Not as many as the men for sure.

It just must be that time of the month for them when they do it. :P

+100. A few yrs. back I was trying to get by a left laner. I tried to go right lane, left lane, median. Wife, kids in truck. (Mine) He kept veering into my new lane, whatever, damn near hitting me every time. Finally laid the pistol on the dash making sure he saw it while I called FHP. They had a cruiser wating for him a few miles ahead. In hindsight I should have slowed down or exited and took a breather. I wasn't in that much a hurry. Only on the way to the DZ. :S

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Really, Billy? That's where you're going with this? :S

The male and female drivers alike I worry about most are the ones in the left lane, and swerving over the line into my lane. As I pass them I look over and EVERY time see the driver staring at his or her phone. >:(

This morning as I was driving to work, I was in the left lane passing a truck in the middle lane. Making good progress faster than the truck, and moving at about 10 mph over the limit. A pick-up came barreling up and rode my bumper until I was able to get over. Except for getting a bit too close to my car, he otherwise wasn't being too much of a jerk (no flashing of lights). I just kept my pace, put on my turn signal as I was getting to the front of the truck, then changed lanes when possible. The guy behind me accelerated back to his faster speed, but not rudely so (i.e., didn't "brush" past me or make a dangerous situation).

While it still kind of pisses me off that drivers get so close, I 1) thought of this thread, :D and 2) remembered that I was exceeding the speed limit AND making progress passing the truck. But since the guy behind me didn't otherwise create a dangerous situation, I let him go. Traffic backs up pretty quickly at random spots on that stretch of highway, so I have no reason to let someone like that influence my behavior to the point it makes me less safe.

I used to let guys like that get me angry, but since I'm not worried about how big other drivers think my d*ck is, I've learned to let it go. :P

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I've seen all kinds. Young, old, male, female, etc. You never know what you're going to run into. Last week while going 90 in the left lane, some lady behind me that was just keeping pace but not riding my bumper, decided that she absolutely had to zoom past me, cut over to the left lane, then pass 2 vehicles in the right lane, then cut back over, all within 3/4 of a mile before the exit. Why not just stay the fuck in the right lane and coast to it?

I made a point of zooming back ahead of her and cutting over ahead of the vehicle in front of HER.

Years ago I had a little old bitch cut in front of me unsafely. I wasn't doing anything but riding the right lane. I flipped her the bird. Surprisingly she flipped me back. :D

Okay, my "time of the month" comment was uncalled for. But the truth is, I've seen it all. You never know.

Grew up in NJ, drivers there think it is tank combat.

I had a lifted truck with big welded steel bumpers, but people still insisted on tailgating and being dicks.

I drove pretty damn fast back then, and I followed keep right except to pass. If I am passing someone at 85 wait for me to pass the person and so I can then move out of your way! You really cant wait the 30 seconds, you are going to fly up my ass with your BMW to hurry me along for 30 seconds?

I put bright ass utility lights in the back for night time tailgaiters and piece of black shit pipe in the trailer hitch.

At that point it wasn't as much of a brake check as it was a radiator punch. :) ;)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The ones that get me irritated are the ones that assume I'm running a radar detector (correctly) and start shadowing me, but so close that I can't see their headlights. I don't mind shadows, but lordy, I *may be driving significantly over the speed limit. Drop back some, people!

Just what do they think is going to happen when I get a radar hit and drop *20 or mph? I'm in a car that weighs nothing, and has giant brakes (MT's best braking car of 2014) which can stop from 60 to 0 in exactly 90 feet.

Usually when this happens, I just slow back down and let them get frustrated and go around me, then I go back up to my desired speed. Repeat as needed.

* hypothetically ;)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9