baseknut

disappointment

no, for those of you wondering if i have made a skydive or a base jump. but i am very, very interested in this particular hobby/sport. i am taking tom aiello's advice on reading up on much of the topicas possible. sarcastic and unencouraging remarks towards my posts dont give me much confidence in some of the base community on this forum.

don't get me wrong, there is some very good people on this forum who post positive and usful things.

i am planning on skydiving in may for my FIRST time. i am gaining as much knowledge in this sport as possible before i atempt anything. i plan to have 200 skydive by the end of 2007 and plan to get into base then or possibly sooner.

so, please, if you dont have any positive replies or any useful tips/hints/advice. i would appreciate it if you do not respond. i am here to enter myself in the base/skydive community and learn about this hobby/sport.

thanks
baseknut
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

Life is full of disappointments...get used to it.

You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

If you have been following this forum you should have realized by now that filling in your profile will help (a little) in giving you SOME credibility.

I have always found it hard to take someone seriously if they can't even bother to sign posts by their REAL name and fill in some info on their profile.

AS for your complaints, I would say 704 has a good point but since he doesn't have a name either...well you get the picture:P

What can I contribute?? Well, this little nugget from my good friend 587 has rung very true so far..... "BASE will take you to your highest highs and to your lowest lows!" So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

You gotta walk before you can run..........:S
SabreDave

i am here to enter myself in the base/skydive community and learn about this hobby/sport

As far as the skydiving community goes, if you can talk incessantly about boobies, weekend numbers and masturbation, you should fit in just dandy.

As far as BASE jumpers go, if you ever find yourself having any confidence in any of us, I strongly suggest hiding in a dark corner until you regain a healthy sense of disdain for everyone.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

one advice
200 skydives are just a NUMBER
passing this number is not like passing an exam... if u pass it u are NOT ready for BASE...
try to make a lot of specific skydiving jumps as: tracking jumps, CRW jumps, accuracy jumps, maybe some baloon jumps, try some 7 cells canopy...
try not to make 200 skydives only to get the minimum number for a FJC... make them to learn and specific prepare for base
find a menthor... find people in ur area
make some groundcrew

PS. sorry for my silly english... i hope u understand me

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

get current skydiving,learn to control a canopy,you´ll need it in BASE to save your life..

Then as you have done ATLEAST 200 skydives reconsidder if you want to BASE jump,you might want to learn more before you start BASE..

Then you can start asking Q´s about how to get into BASE..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

[reply sarcastic and unencouraging remarks towards my posts dont give me much confidence in some of the base community on this forum.

Welcome to the third grade

Hello,
If you are already disappointed,
you aren't tough enough for BASE.
Please call your mom to pick you up.

God bless you,

Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

***don't get me wrong, there is some very good people on this forum who post positive and usful things. ***

Thats a very nice thing to say about Jimmy Halliday. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.:P

so, please, if you dont have any positive replies or any useful tips/hints/advice. i would appreciate it if you do not respond.

mr knut.
i am sorry to inform you that i too, have nothing useful or positive to add to your very informative and useful thread. many apologies from me and my associates here in florida.

-mr foto.

ps. there are no towers in florida. not a single one.

read getting into BASE...then read i again...then go away and then read it again...then when ouve done 1 or 250 more skydives come back here and ask again.
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

this is a sport where you frequently must be ready to deal or avoid law enforcement.

you must also be prepared to attend to a busted up friend (or be the busted up party...).

this forum can be unnecessarily harsh. it pales to what you might face on a jump.

learn to adapt or please reconsider BASE.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Hello,
Please call your mom to pick you up.

Haha that was gold!

Seriously tho baseknut, you coulda saved yourself alot of crap by spending a few hours (or months in reality) just reading everything you could possibly devour on BASE. There are plenty of good resources on pretty much EVERY topic and answers to nearly every question a newbie could have about BASE.

Here's a good place to get started (if you haven't already): http://www.basejump.org/discus/messages/14/14.html?1110599010

People are more inclined to take you for real and answer your questions when they see you've already put some serious time into researching your topic.

My 2c....

Yer read robbys article from that site-

http://miller28.server101.com/discus/articles/roads_to_nowhere.html

Awesome read, robby knows his shit.

Quoting brian germain, the way to get good at this sport, be it skydiving, base, swooping, is to simply not die. Survival is paramount to success. Become an awesome skydiver, then start thinking about base. It should be enough of a buzz for a lot more that 200 jumps.
Just wait till you try some freeflying, best thing out there.
Good luck and welcome to the sport. ;)

"If murder and suicide are illegal, then why is it ok to kill yourself and others with cigarettes?????"

www.myspace.com/Hypoxicmusic