Mikki_ZH

2005 BASE Awards

Categories:
- Best overall jumper
- Best aerials
- Best trackers
- Best talk out of a shitty situation (nominated is Abbie for his conversation with a cop on a ground crew mission)
- Best official sportive achievement (only nominee is Chad because he is the one and only 2005 world BASE champion…)
- Best wall strike (only jumpers that have survived can be nominated)
- Best contribution to the sport
- Best death camp instructor (one of the nominees is Jimmy H for teaching a 91/2 year old chick to do triple gainers or something like that…)
- Best non commercial video
- Best commercial video
- Best Photo
- Best media appearance (nominated is that guy who cried a lot while hanging around…)
- Best female jumper (judged is looks and skills, first is much more important…)
- And many more… feel free to add more categories

And how would the award look like?
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Categories:
- Best talk out of a shitty situation (nominated is Abbie for his conversation with a cop on a ground crew mission)

Agreed!

And how would the award look like?

"Me me me" posted repeatedly by a large number of forum jumpers? :P

bsbd!

Yuri.

Award suggestion attached!;) Thanks for the Pic Aqua Girl!

Best Non-commercial Vid- "As the Rush Comes" by BC Productions (Shown at BD 2005)cuz it has all you need in a BASE Vid

- Carnage
- Farting
- Sheep
- Guys getting shot with BB Guns
- Cops!!!
- Oh yeah...some cool jumps too!

How about Miles D for 50 plus T.F jumps in 24 hrs, for a childrens' benefit. Oh yea, hiking out EACH time!

Uh, you DO realize that Mikki_ZH (you know, the person who started this thread) is NOT American, right? Bitter.

Uh, you DO realize that Mikki_ZH (you know, the person who started this thread) is NOT American, right? Bitter.

Uh, you DO realise that I was taking the piss looking at the suggested nominations, right?

bitter? nah, just not very serious and ever so sweet...

:)

Oh, my mistake. I thought it was just more or your usual knee-jerk anti-American bile. Now I see it wasn't that at all. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I thought it was just more or your usual knee-jerk anti-American bile.

Don't correct yourself, you identified him perfectly... ;)

Oh, my mistake. I thought it was just more or your usual knee-jerk anti-American bile. Now I see it wasn't that at all. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I would not have responded, but I thought it was just more of your usual knee-jerk anti-813 bile.

Seriously, never take me seriously... after all this time and people still believe I am really anti american... :D

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year my American friends.... :)

;)

Don't you worry Jaap, we got your number.

Next time bring your rig, it shows intent. We get a lot of tourists here who talk a good BASE jump. ;)

Award suggestion attached!;) Thanks for the Pic Aqua Girl!

Best Non-commercial Vid- "As the Rush Comes" by BC Productions (Shown at BD 2005)cuz it has all you need in a BASE Vid

- Carnage
- Farting
- Sheep
- Guys getting shot with BB Guns
- Cops!!!
- Oh yeah...some cool jumps too!

and it had meeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget

oh come on, who are you kidding?

why bother bringing a rig to the UK?

the weather is always terrible..

for example, I bet you'll never manage to drag 4 of you UK locals out at night to go jump in crazy high winds (and some rain too)... :S

even if it is really early, like before dinnertime... :)

thanks dudes!

would've been nice though if the hard men who were talking all kinds of scary jumps in the UK (in that other thread a while back) actually bothered replying to my PMs and took me out to one of those scary jumps....

to keep this on topic, though, I would like to nominate a British person (cannot name him) for the 'best BASE priorities', for putting BASE before some other big event and coming to jump in crazy winds rather than wrapping himself in cotton until his big event.

GB jumped because UncleCharlie jumped, he loves him.

Personally I am only using UncleCharlie to get to Robi - he is my hero. And yes, those conditions were fucked. I shouldn't have jumped, but I am weak. [:/]

Here's our pick...:P

We need a new category for "Best quote".
Our nomination goes to Johnny Utah talking to an aussie girl, whilst out at the Horner in Lauterbrunnen.

He first proclaimed that he was the best BASE jumper in the world and when asked if he was serious, replied: "Hey, Einstein knew he was brilliant."

For "Best Media Performance" our nomination is to MilesD for his 60 Minutes (Australia) cameo.

"Dude, its like being born!!! Woo!!!" Need we say more?

For "Best Cliff Strike (survived)", our nomination goes to one of Valery's Death Campers.

He hit the Eiger on jump number five. But don't worry, he only sustained mild head injuries and was fine to jump the next day.

edited to add:We'll get back to you with the rest of the nominations...:P
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Our nomination goes to Johnny Utah talking to an aussie girl, whilst out at the Horner in Lauterbrunnen.

He first proclaimed that he was the best BASE jumper in the world and when asked if he was serious, replied: "Hey, Einstein knew he was brilliant."

First I was thinking in nominating Johnny Utah in the category “Best official sportive achievement” because he holds the BASE world champion title from around 1987 to 2004, but unfortunately these awards are only for the present year and Chad has finally made it and got the title for 2005.
But I agree, Johnny is nominated for Best quote.

I also want to add 3 new categories;
- best low pull (also here you must survive the jump but it’s allowed to get hurt)
- best wingsuit pilot
- biggest balls

For the best low pull I nominate the main man DX (forgive me my friend), see the enclosed picture.
For best wingsuit pilots I nominate Loic and Yuri.

For best contribution to the sport I nominate Tom A for giving free 7 days FJC, for doing all the internet work and for writing articles (but to be fair, he can afford to do this because he has a lot of free time)
I also nominate Mr Nick D, also for doing a lot of writing and informing.

For the category biggest balls I nominate Russel. Normally when he is doing a jump, it seems that he is the only one that is not shitting his pants. He can be glad that you don’t have to pay beer for first things in BASE, he has done a lot of test jumping...

Please keep on bringing the nominees…
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

"Me me me" posted repeatedly by a large number of forum jumpers? :P

I'll go for ME on the Cliff/Wall-Strike "Tasting The Rock"
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3035

Then ME! (Douggs for cam) for Best non commercial video "cj.summerparty.2005.wmv"
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3106

Then again ME!! for this Excelent LowPull in LB (Last scene)
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2273

And CJ for "Best talk out of a shitty situation" when we after a [email protected] came across some local nonjumpers who pulled out a chainsaw from the trunk and CJ pulled out his Camera and the Camera won the duel... (This is why the cliff Buddah has it's name, but like other goodstuff in life it's a long storry)

Johnnyb out, enjoy xmas everybody

Tom's jinx freefall is pretty good, but I think it was in '04

2001, actually.

Ahh, it was posted in 2004.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

AND you did two loads

Not only is he weak, he's also a slow learner! Hmmm, both of the guys who went back for more are from South Africa. Coincidence? I think not!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

why bother bringing a rig to the UK?

the weather is always terrible..

huh? jumping in UK is fine,i only think of 1 trip to UK were i got less than 10jumps in a week,that trip i only made 9 or so...

I bet you'll never manage to drag 4 of you UK locals out at night to go jump in crazy high winds (and some rain too)... :S

But thats as they always end up at the pub before a jump,soon as they get a pint too much and looking at thier favorite sport(football:S) you´ll never get them out from there.
Besides you´ll need to call them mincers arses etc before they start listning.:P

would've been nice though if the hard men who were talking all kinds of scary jumps in the UK (in that other thread a while back) actually bothered replying to my PMs and took me out to one of those scary jumps....

I never heard he let people/jumpers down,and i know he has alot of work theese days,just watch out the most hardcore is to survive just one night in his house:ph34r:

im not gonna nominate anyone.. we all won this game,the price is another year of new adventuresB|

merry xmas guys(no im not early,i live in DK and ill get my pressents in a few hours:P:D)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber