JaapSuter

BASE 1024

I just came to my attention that somebody we all know and love has received BASE 1024!

I know we all got very excited when BASE 1000 got awarded (I wet my pants if I recall correctly) but I do want to point out that in this age of computers the number 1024 is an even bigger milestone.

1024 is the number of bytes that are in one kilobyte. It is also the number of kilobytes in one megabyte and the number of megabytes in a gigabyte.

1024 is 2 to the power of 10. It is the number thousand of the future! Especially on an electronic forum such as this, we should all recognize the important of the binary kilo.

Congratulations, you know who you are.

Im happy i were arround as you got the #

1024 is the only person so far i saw(and got stills off) enjoying playing whith a blowupdoll(Becky)in a pool:):PB|

Im happy i could "share" an exitpoint and my internal gasses whith you,deep respect that you guys didnt panicup there:):D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Thanks Jaap, and all you guys! Jaap, you're right, you are a big geek, but a pretty cool one;). I didn't know my number was so significant, hehe. You guys are all so awesome, the best friends a girl could have. You are a big part of what BASE means to me, thank you.

Faber, you were playing with that blow up doll too. You know what's funny, is Peter chubbed Chad's rig, and he got so rough with the blow up doll that he ripped her head off...I think he likes objects more than people:o;)!

Katie
BASE 1024

EDIT: typo

You all are fucking goobers.

Anyone know why BASE # 47710 will be a fun for nerds too?

Abbie
3F6

Because all those digits added together form the largest prime number that is less than twenty?

I will henceforth refer to KMonster as "Kilo-BASE". :S

"KBASE" works too. And how appropriate that "K"Monster gets KBASE. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I think Jaap has it, though my first instinct was to try and decipher it as leet-speak, so I'm not sure who's nerdier.

Damn, I want BASE 1337.

>:(

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Ooh! Is it because it's the number of 21-bead binary necklaces with beads of 2 colors where the colors may not be swapped and turning over is not allowed?

:)

yup.
because 3f6=1014
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

forget all of you I want #6969
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

hooray for pBASE! and i looks like wwarped figured it out too. :-)

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

hooray for pBASE! and i looks like wwarped figured it out

thank you, but the real congrats go to miss 1024.
good work!

I'd also like to point out the bravery of anyone who would address a woman as "kilo_____." (can't see any good coming from it...):P

and finally, for Jaap:
there are 10 kinds of people. those that understand binary, and those that do not.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

there are 10 kinds of people. those that understand binary, and those that do not.

Years of therapy finally got me to the point where I am now embarrassed to wear a t-shirt with that on it.

Hooray!

Katie Monster!

When I met you, you had no BASE jumps. Now, you've grown into a solid, heads-up jumper and my favorite jumping partner.

Watching you grow in the sport has given me many smiles, many breathtaking views, and just as many breathless horrifying moments waiting for that damn canopy to open on-heading:S.

Congrats on getting your #. I know it is so important to you and you've been looking forward to it. Also, congratulations on resisting the temptation to "chase the object". You got it when it was right, and not a second sooner. Things are better that way, aren't they?

I'm looking forward to many more jumps with you, and many happy years to come.

I love you cutie!

--- "Chad the BASE jumper" ;)

Kilo BASE. That could be a dangerous thing to call a female.

I think she looks much hotter than that in the avatar.

Well done anyway.

Now for 1024 jumps!!!!!!!!

Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Congrats KBASE1024!
from KBASE763

CHICKS ROCK! and are even hotter when they BASE....

xo
Karen

Thanks, Chad. That means a lot to me, you're my favorite person to jump with too...no surprise to anyone I'm sure:$. I love you.

Thanks all you guys, I hadn't checked dz.com in awhile (work has been crazy). I didn't know I had that many people who cared. I know I've said it before, but you guys really mean a lot and make up a huge part of what BASE means to me.

Brice, call me, I've got news about our local object.

Katie.