Treejumps

Thread the Needle too

WARNING!!
WARNING!!
WARNING!!

There's some fucking disgusting shit on this videoB|

You guys look fun:)

I just watched my copy of Thread the Needle II, A Finer Thread, and enjoyed it immensely. I was laughing out loud, shouting at the tv screen, and pinching my lips together to keep my breakfast in during the "Rollins band" bit, whatever that was supposed to mean.

The Boys have been up to some pretty cool stuff, and it looks like Alex may be on his way to being a star, or being mincemeat, whichever comes first.

Besides the puking, the only thing I felt was left wanting was a SUCCESSFUL launch off the back of the golf cart. Of course it doesn't look like it will work, but you guys tried so many times I started to think that maybe you'd pull it off in the end.

I absolutely loved the head-down rope slide by Alex. That was SWEET!

Get your copy folks! It's certainly worth the money.
Thanks, Nate, for getting me a copy so quickly. 3 days from request to receipt, damn good delivery time!

Peace all,
Karen

The Boys have been up to some pretty cool stuff, and it looks like Alex may be on his way to being a star, or being mincemeat, whichever comes first.

Well..........looks like it's the second unfortunately. Alex had a little run in with the ground recently.... I heard that he broke most everything from the waist down. Sounded like a "low" deployment.:|

I received my copy of TTN II this weekend and loved every minute of it. My wife was in tears laughing so hard at the golf cart and breaking the bottles clips.

Definitely worth it.

I really like both vids. especially the jumps off of the different bridges... overall great edit!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Sounds like you've made a hit Nate! I'll pick up a copy from you this Saturday too, I need some footage of the boys to show off! ;) Miss all you kickass Ohio peeps posting on here- looking forward to seeing everyone soon!!
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

Yeah, when Nate called me the next day to tell me about Alex, he said "Hey Karen, Alex went in yesterday". I about sh*t myself! Then he told me he was alive and was going to be ok. I was afraid I'd jinxed him or something but we figured out he was already in surgery by the time I wrote that post.

I'm sorry to hear this happened, but I'm glad he's going to be ok. Anyone that can, please tell Alex our thoughts are with him for a speedy recovery.

Thanks to David #841 in NM for rescuing the gear! That is way above and beyond the call of duty! Love your work, mate!

Be safe everyone...but still have fun.

Peace,
K

Karen,

The rescue was a joint effort. Alex's brother and sister and I headed to the gorge under cover of darkness. We stopped at the Taos Wal-Mart (can you believe there is such a thing?) and picked up a 2 million candlepower portable light for an "eye in the sky."

We stopped on the bridge, hopped out of my Aztek and shown the light down to the river and rocks 600 feet below. Chris spotted the canopy immediately, Kara found it moments later. I never did see anything but water and rocks.

Chris and I carried our gear under the bridge and fixed anchors about halfway down, just where the gorge gets vertical. I hoped the last 50 feet were a fairly gentle slope, because I had 200' and Chris had 60, leaving us a little short, and we still couldn't see clearly to the river.

I went first (age before beauty) and we slid down without a problem. Chris attatched his rope to the end of mine and I headed down again... to a ledge 50' above the river and nothing but overhung rock.

Sh!t.

I ascended up to Chris. We discussed our options and decided to have Kara scramble to our anchor and remove my 60' rope that was serving as our backup anchor. She untied it, clipped it to our rope and slid it down. I tossed it into my stash bag and rappelled down again.

Something about this rope you should know. It's not really climbing rope, but Air Force surplus 1/2" kermantle from 1988. I don't know why I still keep it, just sentimental I guess. But it's not something you'd want to trust your life to... and that's just what I was doing.

I attached a 1" piece of webbing as a backup if it snapped where I joined it to the REAL climbing rope, climbed down as far as I could, then gingerly put my weight on it. Geez, this was scarier than any BASE jump I've ever done, even with modified skydiving gear. At least I had a reasonable faith in my gear then. I tried to strike a balance between stressing the rope and spending time on it, and made it to the gorge bottom safely.

I unhooked, called up to Chris that I was off the rope and fought through the bushes to the place where the others saw the canopy. Yup, right where their young eyes saw it, along with his stash bag and helmet. Alex's Flik was half inflated with the water, the bridle pulled tight and the PC straining from the current. I waded in, scrambled around the submerged rocks and tried to collect the canopy.

After a few minutes, Chris joined me in the water. We spent 30 minutes in the Rio Grande, trying to free the canopy and risers, finally dragging it onto the rocks that you could call a shore.

We caught our breath as the canopy drained. Chris said, "glad we don't have any cotton on us, huh?" I agreed, then remembered I snagged a sturdy pair of cotton pants, anticipating thorn bushes. Damn. And I was wearing a thick turtleneck as my top layer. Cotton, of course. Hell, I thought, the climb up will keep me warm.

We decided to climb out instead of ascending the rope, following the alleged "trail" that was supposed to be just a little upstream. Long story short, we made it, with the help of Kara's light guiding our way, making it out of the gorge by almost 2am. I was seriously chilled, but made good use of Alex's sleeping bag on the drive back to the hospital.

Security was dubious about visiting someone in ICU at 3:30am, but when I explained we had news for the "bridge jumping guy," he immediately understood and let us in. Alex seemed relieved knowing his gear was back in good hands. He's a good kid, but looks like he has a long road to recovery ahead of him. At least he was getting along well with his nurses.

I made it back home by 6am, just in time to wake up my wife for her work. I snuck in two hours of sleep, claiming my ZX-10 wouldn't start. Kara and Chris had planned on seeing their folks off at the airport later in the morning, then would drive back home to Colorado.

I'm glad I had a chance to help. I would have rather met these fine folks under better circumstances, though.

nate! TTN2 is soooooo awesome! i loved every second of it.
its' incredible!
awesome job editing and getting it all together.
see ya around B|

Got mine today, but i'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. [:/]

Thanks Nate. :)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Glad you liked it. TTN III is in the works! It will take a year or two to collect the footy. We are brain storming some shit that will blow your mind. I hope that nobody dies making this one. We are trying to work out the kinks when you mix BASE, Anal Beads, and glow-in-the-dark darts. When Alex heals enough to limp to the exit point, IT'S ON!

Thanks to everyone for buying our video.

Nate, what a great video!!! Very cool jumps, and those bouncing tits and running a$$es spice it up nicely. You guys have too much fun! ;)

c ya,
Yuri the 3rd

Thanks a heap nate. Watched it a few times already and I am sure I will watch it many times over the next few weeks.

Finally watched these videos last night. I loved the second one! Had me laughing my ass off! Very cool footage. Thanks! :)