potikum

Javelin Odissey - is it REALLY so COOL to WAIT 21 WEEKS!!!

When was it promised?
Have you spoken with the outfit you placed your order with?
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

... the last date i heard about was 25 of January! ...in fact it`s OK!
Think I`ll wait 20 days. ... i was waiting 4 month!
I just wanted to know if it`s (Odyssey) really will be so cool & nice & comfortable.
Why Sun Path produce Javelins so long! Is it because thay have wrong industry or the reason in the popularity of there rig!!

That is the question!!!!! :|

In fact - does it mean that Mirage have much less orders!!!!!!

I just wanted to know if it`s (Odyssey) really will be so cool & nice & comfortable.

New kit is always worth the wait - just imagine holding in your arms, you won't be able to stop smiling. :)

Why Sun Path produce Javelins so long! Is it because thay have wrong industry or the reason in the popularity of there rig!!

I've heard that they're having staffing problems but I have no way of knowing whether that's true.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

i know mine took a while to get made and they did ad a dely to it as well, but now i have it i feel the wait was well worth it.

I really like the workmanship on it, little details like the way the fabric on the corners is folded and just the general over all feel of it.

All of the major conatiners on the market will be well made, obviously, but i do really like my oddy :)
Who did you order it through? are they giving you any help?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Call'em up, cancel your order, tell them why.... See what happens... Place your order with Mirage.

If you were told when you ordered it would be that long, then STFU;) and wait!

If you realy wanted the rig that much you were willing to wait then, you should honnor your end of the contract.
Remster

RWS only has to deal with building the tandem rigs for CPS, not making all the solo rigs. My understanding is there was a rather large order. On the scale of several times the civilian monthly order level that came in. When the military orders dozens and dozens of rigs... they tend to get them built fast if they want to keep bidding on contracts in the future.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Still, if a company was doing this, it seems that they would have other measures in place to keep up with their normal pace in cases like this, less they piss off their normal customers and they don't come back.

Atleast that makes practicle business sense to me, but that's just me.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You think only Sunpath is sewing Javelins right now? ;) In an industry with a margin as thin and a bottom line as small as skydiving is, it does'nt make business sense to have the staff, the machines and the materials laying around in the hopes of future contracts. Betting the farm that you will get contracts that may never happen is a great way to lose the farm in the end.

The government is a better customer then civilians anyways. No need for custom colors, no need for tyedye, embrodery is'nt needed nor is custom harness sizing. They always pay their bills in full and they usually don't mind paying just under full market price for items. They send their people to the factory for training so there is little after market support needed and they also actually follow directions for usage of the rig and decrease the probility of a lawsuit verus civilians. Paraflight got completely out of the civilian market and they are still doing fine.

Sunpath has a huge market share and with even a fraction of those customers remaining brand loyal they still will be making a lot of new rigs in the future.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I think of it like staffing a DZ. If you have enough Instructors to handle the busiest day of the year, then the other 364 days, there isn't enough work for the amount of staff. Instead you staff to a level where there is enough work for the staff and students end up having to wait to jump.

For manufacturers, instead of students waiting, the wait times go up. If they hire enough people to keep the wait times low at the high-demand times, then they will either have to lay people off or pay people to do nothing when it is slow. Then they can't hire people because they are constantly laying people off and no one wants to work for them, or they have to charge more per rig in order to pay people when it is slow. Then they don't sell as many rigs and don't make as much money. It's a balance between staff and wait time.

Derek

So you knew how long it would take to build when you ordered it, and its not late....Whats the beef?

Of course it will be cool, nice comfy, and worth the wait, otherwise you wouldn't have ordered one.

There are also huge seasonal variations in delivery times for gear, so do a search, I think Da Bytch posted a while back about this.

If you order gear in deep midwinter you won't have to wait so long, if you order it 4 weeks before the boogie season gets underway....you may be hiring kit all summer.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

You knew about the wait before you ordered, so I dont thinks its the 20 weeks that bothers you, its that the 20 weeks arent up yet! Javelins rock. Sunpath is turning out about 50 rigs a week right now. Do the math, thats a lot of rigs in front of you when you order. Cant blame them for being popular. If you want one, you'll wait, its that simple. Everyone else is, there has to be something to that! ;)

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

I ordered mine a month or so ago. I was told on the front end it would take 28 weeks. I have not problem waiting for that rig that long. Yeah it would be nice to have it sooner I was told on the front end how long it will take so I'm not about to start bitching (at least not yet). Of course come April, I might start getting a little excited.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I`m waiting my Javelin Odissey since August 20. Sometimes I`m thinking that Mirage G4 in 3-4 weeks could be much better!!

Do you think Sunpath Cares about you or your order for a sport rig??? Hell no!! They have a f@c#ing huge military contrace for our gov. - they don't make that much of their income on sport rigs anymore. Look around, there are MANY other excellent rig manufactures that make an equal or even better product FOR YOU!!! I just bought myself a brand new rig this month, It'll be done in about 4 weeks - and unlike the Jav, this rig was made and fit Exactly FOR ME. Look around dude, there are better options out there. Talk to NightJumper and see what he can do for you...
=========Shaun ==========

A custom ordered Jav is made exactly for the jumper also. I'm not sure what information you are going on there...

Maybe I'm mistaking on this, but regardless, I sure as hell won't wait over 5 months for a rig -

If you thought a 5 month wait was too long you should'nt have ordered it in the first place.

The dude asking the question should have thought about it before placing the order. Yeah yeah I know the whole instant gratification thing, but I learnt (in part due to injury) that its better to wait for what you want, especially when it comes to skydiving gear.

Also seems like the winter months have made the jumper quite jumpy ;)