notsane

Z-Flock Wingsuit Challenge Nov 19 -21

Massive respect to Scott Bland for being able to fly in such a contortion.
Question:
Did the docks cause Scott to want to stall out or go head low? I can see how it might put the base wanting to go head low as he supports the additional drag and imbalance.
Does the stinger bring it back to balance?

Did the docks cause Scott to want to stall out or go head low?

Yes, head low, we experienced that issue.
I have also experienced that whenever docking on Purple Mike's feet while he was on his back, only that in Mike's case backflying also meant easier communication with the base, and he would almost always yell "arch arch arch" as soon as we took the foot docks, until we could stabilize it better.

Does the stinger bring it back to balance?

this is the million dollar question we are trying to answer.
since the stinger on my foot was only there for a brief period of time, I couldn't really tell you.
We all suspect that once the stinger grabs both feet, the whole diamond should stabilize.
But at this point what we need to do is try it some more.

Like I said... Zhills xmas/new years boogie, anyone?
Looks like the same team will be there, and hopefully we'll get a few good jumps in.

Spot, you should join us. With Scotty flying stinger slot, you'd be great on video...

Just like a 4 way rw jump that has a missing grip, it will fly OK. but once the grip is taken the whole thing stabilizes out.
I have some evil plans with the Fins, at zhills for new years. we will see some cool things.

J
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Experience teaches us that evil plans and Fins usually involve moonshine, nakedness, and drunk shenanegans...

and much, much beyond... but yes, you generally have the right idea...

Now that I'm single, Z-Hills for New Year is sounding like a really good idea.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Experience teaches us that evil plans and Fins usually involve moonshine, nakedness, and drunk shenanegans...

well then come on over!! book your tix before they get really *really* expensive, if they haven't already :)
can't wait to fly with everyone!

well then come on over!! book your tix before they get really *really* expensive, if they haven't already :)
can't wait to fly with everyone!

Well, I'll probably fly KallendAir; no booking, no TSA, no limit on liquids...

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Experience teaches us that evil plans and Fins usually involve moonshine, ***nakedness, and drunk shenanegans...

Count me in
About nakedness, i need a transparent wingsuit... Tonyy
:)

ps i might nring some black booze

Count me in
About nakedness, i need a transparent wingsuit... Tonyy

yea, good luck with that.
Once upon a time (whoever has time can even dig up related threads, I know they're out there) I promised that if anyone makes me a transparent wingsuit, I will gladly test fly it naked. The only manufacturer that volunteered was Lurch, mentioning how it would potentially take a lot of very close measurements and whatnot... yet I have heard nothing of it since...

I'll step up to this challenge!

I will personally create a wingsuit for you during FND7 during the Saturday night festivities in front of everyone. Because of the limited time, the suit will be made of Saran wrap, and I make no guarantees on how well it will fly. But it will be transparent and it will be a "wingsuit" .... deal? :-)

I'll step up to this challenge!

I will personally create a wingsuit for you during FND7 during the Saturday night festivities in front of everyone. Because of the limited time, the suit will be made of Saran wrap, and I make no guarantees on how well it will fly. But it will be transparent and it will be a "wingsuit" .... deal? :-)

sorry but i'm pretty strict on my definition of "wingsuit".
it has to fly.
it also has to not kill me when I test fly it.
I'm pretty sure the IPC (after all that research on the definitiion of a wingsuit) would agree with me that a bunch of saran wrap does not constitute a wingsuit.
otherwise we'd all be putting that on and flying belly formations with it and calling it a day...

wingsuit. in the common sense definition of it. transparent. I still stand by my promise.

By the way, you're all a buncha perverts.
Just sayin.

:P

I heard about your glow "sticks" at New Years. :P:P

see? case in point. I spent all that time sewing EL-wire on the back of my wingsuit to make it all light up in awesome lines of shiny color, and the only thing people focus on are my glowsticks :D

though they were some pretty neat glowsticks (pic attached) :)

Just before leaving for my flight home I saw a nice picture of a 25-way vertical diamond. Not even sure who took it but I sure hope it gets posted.

Check out Jeff Donohue's Facebook page. He has pics up and I think he noted his smugmug page has the pics as well: http://skwrl.smugmug.com/

Nice job everyone and nice pic Jeff

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"