01Blade

what suit has the best performance

Uhh, wasn't the whole idea here that Chuck just wanted to see Jeff and Robi fight it out in the Mach1 and V2?

Where the hell did these 20 other wingsuiters come from that needs everyone to group together at the start line?;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Uhh, wasn't the whole idea here that Chuck just wanted to see Jeff and Robi fight it out in the Mach1 and V2?

Where the hell did these 20 other wingsuiters come from that needs everyone to group together at the start line?;)

It's Flock n' Dock - the CASA or the Otter will be full of wingsuits. If it's a Robi vs. Jeff competition - then wingsuit flying has just become a spectator sport. ;) Heck then, this could turn out to be almost as much fun a bowling.

From what I've observed, the only time wingsuiters get competitive is when they see another wingsuit in the air.:D

Mike
Play like your life depends on it.

Hey cool then all the spectators can just follow and lay a few hundrets feet abow and see who is winning that way you will have 18 judges ;););):S:S:S
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

Because the race ends at 3500 (or is that 2500?) feet. You open at the designated hard deck and see who got the furthest.

But part of being the best pilot is all about the stamina. We want to give the chance for some to demonstrate flying up and away another thousand feet.

A flying start groups everyone together (and wastes altitude doing that - and assumes everyone will be able to get to the line in time for the start)

Its also harder on the static base waiting for every one to line up. Even if your not in the line at the start late divers can transform the potential energy of a late start by approaching the base at a higher rate of speed and blow by everyone. To be really fair everyone will have to be inline and on level at go. The longer this takes the longer this will be cutting into the first to line ups stamina.

More manufacturer bashing and trash talk ...

Za? My comments had zero to do with wingsuit manufacturers. There is no GPS device on the market tailored for our application. Microanalyzing bad data leads to inaccurate conclusions. The BASE environment provides constants to which a flight may be compared, and therefore, more accurate and practical flight information.

How is this bashing a manufacturer? Let me guess -- you didn't read the post. I'm all for anyone that is injecting competition into the wingsuit market. It's how progress happens. Who gives a shit who's "winning". Everyone will take turns leapfrogging each other and we'll get better toys. If there's a "best" for too long, we might get bored.

Just to add a little fuel to fire... I believe it is the pilot. But I jumped with someone that had a fraction of the jumps - winsguit and overall - I have, him in a V2, me in a S3, and he smoked me in distance. We traded and I ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY SMOKED him in every aspect, had the best flight (both fun and performance) of my life. I've tried many suits, have jumped with many people, and have been on many flocks. Never have I seen such an enormous performance margin.

There's more to be said for a suit design what is politically correct to state.

Gentlemen, please, let us show that wingsuiters are a class above by not resorting to the petty low level drama seen in freefall skydivers. ;)

The eloquent phrase I'm thinking of here is "
Money talks, bullshit walks. B|

What we need is less talking, more flying with money where the mouth is.

Everybody put in their $20 USD or whatever amount, and bring whatever suit they want to race in, winner take all, 2nd place is the first loser ;). Racing isn't supposed to have so much drama. I'll even chip in even though I'm not planning on attending (who knows tho, maybe I can't miss this one);)

Racing for pink slips anybody? :P;)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

funny that as i wrote that, i thought about the NorCal guy that does have a pink suit (slip?) and another who has one on order or just received it. Awesome guys, they just happen to like the color pink.. :D
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Za? My comments had zero to do with wingsuit manufacturers. There is no GPS device on the market tailored for our application. Microanalyzing bad data leads to inaccurate conclusions. The BASE environment provides constants to which a flight may be compared, and therefore, more accurate and practical flight information.

How is this bashing a manufacturer? Let me guess -- you didn't read the post. I'm all for anyone that is injecting competition into the wingsuit market. It's how progress happens. Who gives a shit who's "winning". Everyone will take turns leapfrogging each other and we'll get better toys. If there's a "best" for too long, we might get bored.

When I first saw the topic question I was sure it was a troll.

This question has been hashed over so much that it's pointless to do it again. The arguments usually degenerate into mine vs yours and manufacturer vs manufacturer. The there's the "I was smoked .." or "I smoked.." anecdotes. We've now moved into "GPS data is bullshit" ...

Lets see what happens when we put those suit/pilot combinations in the same air at the same time in a fair fight.

Tony's right ... "Money talks, bullshit walks". The gauntlet has been thrown!

Let the Challenge begin!

Scott

This question has been hashed over so much that it's pointless to do it again. mine vs yours and manufacturer vs manufacturer. We've now moved into "GPS data is bullshit" ...

Scott

Scott I'm done with my manufacturer Vs yours. I've moved on to my west coast buddies out fly your east coast buddies. And little GPS thingies are useless from all munufacturers.

PS: My microwave landing approach system is better than your GPS landing approach system. That will be my next one.

I really never said any particular names. I just want everyone who thinks they have the best, fastest, farthest flying wingsuit to get on the load, form up on me, then show us what they have. I know Robi is phenomenal because I have jumped with him. I know Jeff is great as well. I just want the nonsense from the underqualified, zoomie-flying, smash-into-you-in-the-sky motherfuckers to cease. I can promise you I am neither the fastest nor farthest-flying. I simply don't have the body type to pretend to boast such things. There ARE, however, plenty of people on here who will be in attendance who believe their product is "best" and "most high performance", etc. I, being an old, short guy with a fucking ton of wingsuit jumps (yet un-superior glide) will gladly oversee such clashes of would-be titans. It will be fun. If you are not going to be here then please piss off and let the would-be participants posture away before the actual event. :ph34r:

Chuck

I just want the nonsense from the underqualified, zoomie-flying, smash-into-you-in-the-sky motherfuckers to cease.

If you are not going to be here then please piss off and let the would-be participants posture away before the actual event. :ph34r:

Chuck

Dude you sound edged, everything oK?

Mount a camera facing an alti on both wingsiut pilots. You can see the exact moment of exit, deployment and their respective altitudes. This can be timed by the camera. This can also record where exit and deployment are in respect to the distance traveled across the ground. Anyone can talk their B.S. about 7 to 1 G.R., but like I say to everone who asks about the performance of our suits, "You have to try for yourself" After they do I get the same response from everyone, " This suit is the best in the sky! Sorry for upseting my competition, but business is business:P nothing personal.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

"You have to try for yourself" After they do I get the same response from everyone, " This suit is the best in the sky!

Funny, I don't remember saying that yesterday. In fact, I don't think I'd ever say that about one wingsuit. It was an interesting suit to fly though, and I'd like to get a few more flights in before I make my final judgement.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

but like I say to everone who asks about the performance of our suits, "You have to try for yourself"

Jeff, you are really hurting your business here by refusing to back your statements up with numbers. They begin to sound, well, quite exaggerated.

Vertical speed should be an obvious strong point of your suit. It is also incredibly easy to measure precisely. So one more time:

Could you please post Neptune flight and 12-9-6-3k averages of your best maxed-out flight?

A lot of people (read potential customers) would like to know these numbers. If you refuse to post it, could you explain why?

bsbd!

Yuri.

Mount a camera facing an alti on both wingsiut pilots. You can see the exact moment of exit, deployment and their respective altitudes. This can be timed by the camera.

This is going to be the end all world cup, definitive word, BS stopping,winner take all competition. Nobody serious about it will mount the extra weight and drag of a camera. In fact, I expect to see some muppet head and leg hair shaving to be really competitive.

Some ground judges should be utilized to avoid the arguments and the whole "best two out of three" that will be recommended by sore losers. Sorry, I have kids and this comes up a lot. I can't wait to have them buy me beer before making bets.

I know longer own a neptune and do not own a gps unit. mainly because I do not like to spend unneccary money and I'm not into the tech stuff the few times poeple have lent me their equiptment I have posted the results as unbeleivable as they sound. I'm not refusing to post any numbers I just don't have them. To me that is for the person that is into those things. Alot of my customers find out that info on thier own. I'll put all on the line though, jumping with someone who is equal weight, height and ability, any time. So if anyone is interested I'm up for the challenge. Another way to really see exactly what any suit can do is to put it in the hands of two inexperienced pilots and let them race as well.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits

Another way to really see exactly what any suit can do is to put it in the hands of two inexperienced pilots and let them race as well.

You do mean experienced pilots, correct? Wouldn't you want a pilot that has figured out the suit in question via a multitude of jumps and one with the experience to have body awareness?

NO, I think he might have actually meany unexperienced people. Those less jaded by what they might have heard, ets. Once again, I don't care who kicks ass in which suit. I just want to see someone who thinks they are "all that" put the caddywompus on some other blabbermouth. Bring it.

I will have cheetos in the BirdHouse.

PS: if you don't pay the rent in our teamroom, keep your shit out of it.

Chuck

No we already have plenty of exp. pilots. To see how two beginer pilots, that have no ties to any manufacturer, will fly would give alot of info as to what the average pilot can really do in the begining stages of w.s. flight in that particular suit. Just another way to see suit potential thats all.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits