The111

VIDEO - Puerto Rico Freefall Fest 2006: Wingsuit Edition

Ok, here's my PR video. This is my first video made entirely using my own footage. I was going to incorporate footage from some other camera flyers, but I decided against it since (1) it took forever to sort through the footage from just one camera and (2) I was stoked that I actually had this much usable footage from my own camera, and liked the idea of a video that's 100% "mine". :$ Thanks to Omar and Perry for your footage, even though I didn't use it. There was some good stuff in there, and I'm sure everybody will get a chance to see that footage in Omar's longer video.

CLICK FOR VIDEO

From the SM.com info page:

Wingsuit flocking jumps from Puerto Rico's annual Freefall Fest.

EDITING:
Matt Hoover

CAMERA:
Matt Hoover

BIRDS:
Brian Snarr
Danny Roquette
Jeff Nebelkopf
Joan Garvey
Jose 'Turtle' Ramirez
Mark Cochran
Mike Swearingen
Nathaniel Couper-Noles
Omar Nery's
Paul Mazzillo
Rebecca Clevenger
Ron del Barrilito
Scary Perry
Scotty Burns
Walt Dec

Enjoy!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Looks like you got back flying down!

He sure does!
Awesome flying, Matt!
Without back vents to boot! :o

Does anyone else have pneumonia or something from PR? I've been sick ever since and am consigned to bedrest indefinitely..... :(>:(:(

The video has cheered me up though! :D

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

Kris: I've been swooped by Perry before, and he definitely does some of the closest buzz jobs I've seen B| but in this video only Scotty, Mike, and Omar swoop me.

James: I'm still working on it but I'm getting it right sometimes now. :$

Becca: I had a sinus infection a couple weeks before PR, leftover from Eloy in December. After PR it started coming back and I went on antibiotics for the second time in 2 months, but I'm feeling better now, thanks to those antibiotics.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

nice work... nicely composed shots with the clouds in the distance during some of your flights. which camera are you flying??

Thanks. Camera was Sony HC90... footage looks even better uncompressed. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

nice... thanks for sharing. did you put the letterbox/16:9 look on in camera or in post?

Well, the camera shoots in "16:9", but I think Jarno explained in a post somewhere (the photo forum perhaps) that it's not actually 16:9 but just pre-cropped 4:3 footage... i.e. that I'd be better off shooting standard and cropping in post since I'd have more framing options. I won't pretend to know enough about my camera to know if that's true or not. I just shoot with it on the "16:9" setting because it's easier. And the LCD for my camera is 16:9. B|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com