Peej

jii-wings website goes live

Give us a day or two and we will have all the info up on the website - still a lot more to come... we set today as our deadline to go live - ready or not! Still lots more pis to come, close-ups of the suit, etc more info, prices....

Has anyone had a chance to jump the GS1? I'd really like to hear some impressions ... forward and downward speeds, arm stress, pull difficulty .. all the usuals.

The sheer size of it and the wing surface outside the legs really piques my curiosity. I'd love to try one!

Scott

I'm also curious to hear impressions.

Also, for that BASE jump (or the skyjumps) do they just use BOC? No pouch? It's amazing from the pics how far away from the edge of the wings the hackey is... it looks like one could never reach it, but I know looks can be deceiving - even on my S3, it looks like a far reach, and on the ground when I practice pull I always grab wing, but in the air the wing moves aside and the hack is there. I personally prefer BOC, but having heard horror stories about BOC use with the V1 (Cancer Chris), I wonder how you manange to use BOC on this monster of a wingsuit.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I know that on the Sugar Glider I flew, the pull was completely unobstructed by the wing. The rear deflector got in the way a little, but I do have a larger slightly larger rig (spectre 170 + smart 175). The GS1 looks about the same size, but with the repositioned wing, you may need to push down through the wing to get to your hackey.

Very nice looking suit though, Cate, et al. Looks super clean.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Hello all, jules b here,

It's quite simple.
I have about 6 prototypes, all with the deep deflectors at the back. I have no problems at pull time. If the suit is made for YOU, and you tell us what size canopies you are jumping, it gets made to order.
don't freak out people, it's all good.
Fly nice everyone and dont forget to breath.

If the suit is made for YOU, and you tell us what size canopies you are jumping, it gets made to order.

I jumped a hugely oversized Sugar Glider, and still had no trouble getting the PC at pull time. Even worked fine when I borrowed a left handed BOC (and didn't realize it until I did a practice pull in the plane :S).

I admit I was worried about it, but my experience was that even in a way-too-big SG, there was no obstruction of the PC.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com