leroydb

Skyflying, Wingsuits in Motion by Scott Campos

I also got a copy at the WFFC

Awesome book. An absolute must for any wingsuit pilot. A lot of very useful information :)

You should write a sequel called WFFC: Golfcarts in Motion - a must for any WFFC attendant. :P
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Just got several E-mails from those across the pond. Their copies have arrived so I would assume that other International orders should have or will be arriving shortly at their destinations. I think Australia may take a tad bit longer but it shouldn't be by much.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

EXCELLENT BOOK!!! I am about two-thirds through it now and can't lose any interest in it. Thanx to all who flcoked with me at WFFC. I think I learned more in those 2o (or so) jumps than I did on my first 1300!! BIRDMAN ROCKS!!
Blue Skies, Safe Flights, COLD BEER,
Bad Andy
S&TA
D-24545

Just read the review in the new (Feb) issue of Skydiving magazine and all I have to say is...

DAMN!!!!!!! :o:o

The article was entertaining, to say the least.
I haven't seen or read the book yet, but does anyone have any comment on the article who has read the book?

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

I've never read the book but I read the article and if it was a post on here it would have been all chopped up for the veiled personal attacks and going way off topic. :S I was considering a subscription to Skydiving finally but if that article is typical of the writing I might as well buy a cheap tabolid at the grocery store next time since it at least would'nt be so full of anger the whole time. :SB|
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

And just think...he liked the content of the book. Can you imagine what he would have written if he didn't like it?

The personal attacks were so unnecessary. It really took away from what he was trying to convey. I'm sorry that review ever made the magazine, but anyone reading it will be put off by the reviewer's attitude. The outcome will be that the reviewer looks bad, and Scott Campos will sell more books. The more books sold...the more people helped. That was the goal in writing the book the in first place. It's all good in the end.

The information contained in the book is priceless. It's a resource that I refer to often.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Who was the author of the article?

I understand that the article was written by Robin Heid.

I suppose that this doesn't surprise me very much.

If you're interested, you might do a search of the BASE forum for Robin Heid. A search of the BLiNC forums for his name also turns up some interesting, and rather sordid, tales.

Suffice to say that it's unlikely anyone familiar with Robin's history is going to be very surprised by the content of the article. I'll see if I can find a copy of the magazine and read it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I just got my copy,
Ordered it Tuesday so quick 2 day delivery as they advertized. It isn't what I expected, it's a hell of a lot better and wish I got it way sooner. Any wingsuit flyer, especially those of us just starting out, should read it IMHO.

Congrats to everyone involved, great job...

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

Yes it was wrote by Robin and I had read most the stories about him before I read the article. I did'nt look at the author until after I read it and it did'nt surprise me at all. Taking shots at Scott for being in the military and having "military thinking" and how its a good thing he's a better soldier then a writer or else he would have been dead long ago :S
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Taking shots at Scott for being in the military and having "military thinking" and how its a good thing he's a better soldier then a writer or else he would have been dead long ago

Really? Ok, the book could have done with better proofreading for some spelling and punctuation but aside from that it is very easy to read. A laid back writing style combined with really efficient presentation of the information. It's nice work:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yes it was wrote by Robin and I had read most the stories about him before I read the article. I did'nt look at the author until after I read it and it did'nt surprise me at all. Taking shots at Scott for being in the military and having "military thinking" and how its a good thing he's a better soldier then a writer or else he would have been dead long ago :S

The only incident(Go Fast Games) in relation to which I heard the Robin Heid's name and that was not a positive one(IMO).

If you ignore some of Robin Heid's comments(everyone has their little bit of crazyness) it was a positive review for the book.

There are several positive things that the reviewer has said about the book and recommends buying it.

Personally, I would never 'buy' a review if it only had positive things to say about something. Nothing in that review to get agitated over unless you are Scott Campos or you are in the millitary.

Kris.

And just think...he liked the content of the book. Can you imagine what he would have written if he didn't like it?

The personal attacks were so unnecessary. It really took away from what he was trying to convey. I'm sorry that review ever made the magazine, but anyone reading it will be put off by the reviewer's attitude. The outcome will be that the reviewer looks bad, and Scott Campos will sell more books. The more books sold...the more people helped. That was the goal in writing the book the in first place. It's all good in the end.

The information contained in the book is priceless. It's a resource that I refer to often.

I agree totally. I've read both the book and the review in Skydiving. Yes there were some grammatical and spelling typos but the information in the book was excellent and covered the complete range of topics relating to wingsuits. Great work Scott!!

I really liked this book for its wide range of information coverage.

whoopdeedoo about a dang typo. Not many people have what it takes to even begin to write a book, let alone a skydiving book based specifically on wingsuits.

Scott, don't worry about the dumb s&^$.

Come back safe brother
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

This is my first post on DZ.come, only thing that I want to say is a big THx. to Scott. not only for the great book but for helping to protect our rights to speak our mind, for the sacrifices that SF has to make !!! I was reluctant to allow my youngest to learn how to fly, he is all most 18 until I saw and purchased your book. I was impressed with your knowledge and experience to put into word the safety aspect needed in this sport. I see my newbie skydiver soaking up your book over and over again. wish he would soak up his AP classes as well as he does your book. When you get to Central Tx. I would like my son to meet you if possible. We live in the land of the free not by the legislators but by the Brave ! Scott you are one of the Brave. Thanks