TomAiello

Rumor Mill: Blade, Phi and Legend?

So, I've heard the names, but I'm wondering if anyone has any details on the types of suits these will be? I'm sure that those who are really in the know can't say, but even a general type?

What I've dug out of other places:

Phi: Aerobatic suit.

Blade: "Max" suit. Continued development along the S-3 lines, for best glide angle.

Legend: Anyone heard anything? Is this a re-do of the "classic" line for an updated beginner suit?

Anyone know anything?

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Damn it Ed! Keep that shit to your self ...I almost hurt myself laughing. I'll post some pics later on when I get a chance. Thanks for the laugh Ed:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Phi: Aerobatic suit.

BM obviously changed their minds then
;)

From BM press release after Robi left:
http://www.flybirdman.com/news/070204.html

"What about Phi?

Because Phi was a project that was conceptualized with Robert in place, I have decided to discontinue it to allow us to begin working from a clean slate. This is unfortunate in the small picture, but will benefit those who are patient in the long run. Every designer has his or her own way of creating. I prefer to brainstorm with my team after I have an idea, then I encourage the process to expand from there with no limits. I want to give the next .Phi. the same opportunity while also profiting from fresh ideas from the new team. More info soon! "

I want to give the next .Phi. the same opportunity while also profiting from fresh ideas from the new team. More info soon! "

That's not the way I see it. This is obviously the "next .Phi" refered to in the Press release.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I'm sure Chuck or Ed can clarify. Are there any photos of the new .Phi so we can see the new design?

I think we just found out what happens when you ask Ed for photos. :S

I don't think there are new suit photos that are ready to be released. The suit that Jari is wearing in the tunnel pics is the same one he wore at the Byron boogie. The only difference I could see from the pics is that Jari's suit had 5 ribs on the leg wing vs 4 on Ed's S3.

Kris.

Kris.

Damn it Ed! Keep that shit to your self ...I almost hurt myself laughing. I'll post some pics later on when I get a chance. Thanks for the laugh Ed:D

A picture of what? You in your underwear?:S

Ed has a very, very different prototype that he has been jumping. If the suit would have fit me and you, it would be us jumping it.

Even if name is same than earlier, that doesnt mean that suit is the same;)

Give the man a cigar.

A picture of what? You in your underwear?

So you've seen this picture too eh?;)

Ed has a very, very different prototype that he has been jumping. If the suit would have fit me and you, it would be us jumping it.

I wouldn't even call it a prototype, it's more along the lines of one of those "ideas" that never made it to production. It's more of a novelty IMO, kind of like the picture Ed posted:D It was in a box in a corner somewhere last time I saw it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

haha....I can't wait to see what other 'prototype' pictures are going to end up here when people keep asking for them...

But the real fun wil start when you come to a dropzone and there's 25 fat people there, waiting for Jari to show up with some Phi!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?