The111

most consecutive WS jumps? :)

I think I'm going on 65 or so... WS jumps in a row (i.e. not removing the suit from my rig - well except when I was switching from GTI to S-Fly and then to S3). Let's see if I can hit 100. Should be easy since I don't know how to freefly anymore probably (as if I ever did). How far have you gone?

I think the last freefall I did was at the Hog Flop, because I had to.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Pete Luter in NC does nothing but jump his wingsuit. I don't think he has made a regular skydive in three years. Same for another older guy out at Perris. Same for Cancer Chris and I would be willing to bet Scary Perry as well. As far as keeping a suit rigged up, I have had a full-time wingsuit rig for the past four years.

Chuck

Many people seem to jump nothing but WS, but there are always exceptions... I'm pretty sure Cancer Chris told me he had to do a freefly jump a few weeks ago to take some pictures, and Perry has turned down WS jumps with me because (1) he was asked on an RW jump by old friend (2) he wasn't sure if his main was hooked up forwards and wanted a freefall deployment to test (I saw him 20 minutes later with his reserve out). :D

Which is why I'm wondering if anyone has an actual number of how far they've gone. Just a stupid curious question. :) If you're known on the DZ eventually someone will ask you to jump without your suit and you'll have to say yes. I want to see how long I can get away with saying no. :) Of my past 135 jumps, 112 have been WS. But my biggest streak is around 60 and is still going.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I think I did 75 or more (maybe a hundred?) of my 138 WS jumps so far in a row. No, not addicted at all! :S:D

Right now I don't have a choice; our Grand Caravan is getting overhauled so we have a C206 at the mo that only goes to 5k unless there are tandems.... There was one guy that did a couple WS jumps form 5k but... Nah... [:/]

ciel bleu,
Saskia

But I have heard rumors of 1 minute skydives from 5k with legal pull altitude...

Define legal pull altitude? :P

If your referring to someone getting out at 5K and having pack opening at 2K, I'd have call them on that one. :S

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I feel the same way... hence "I have heard rumors". :|

If you look at the numbers carefully you'll see that it is not all that difficult. This is the best scenario.

Exit : 5000'
Pitch PC : 2500'
Fully open : 2000'
Delay : 60 secs
Delay until to PC pitch : 45-50 secs
Avg speed until PC Pitch : 34 mph
Total Avg : 43 mph

If pitching at 2000'

Avg speed until PC Pitch for a 50 sec delay is : 41 mph (now that is a comfy average for such a short ride)

The lowest vertical speeds out of a plane are during the first few secs(up to 40 secs before reaching downward speeds of 35-40 mph on perfect exits...the altitude lost during this is less than 1500') when you lose the momentum you have from the airplane's forward speed and pick up downward speed. So doing it everytime is not possible but with a perfect exit it is certainly possible to go over a min. Not having to turn certainly helps. Being at a reasonable altitude(ground elevation above MSL) also helps.

Kris.

During the 2003 WFFC I made well over 100 BirdMan jumps and then at the 03 Christmas boogie in Eloy I made about the same if not more.

My suits stay on my rigs and seldom come off. My only other jumping is either tandem camera or Tandems.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Jay Moledzki goes a full minute from five grand with legal openings all the time at Deland when he is bored.

I'd have to say, "Lets put a GPS on him", and check those Neptunes..... ;)
Ed

I stood right there on the ground in Deland at the end of the day during the last time I was there (during the bigways, but a day later) and timed Jay with a watch. He did it out of the Porter with many of us watching.

. Same for another older guy out at Perris.
Chuck

Ira, we can't seem to talk him into sitfly. Its been years for him, I'm guess'in 300~600 jumps strictly wingsuit. I'm pretty sure both his first and second helo jumps were wing equipt. And his first cut away since the sixties, wingsuit. I know he doesn't own any skydive garments other than wingsuits.

Come to think about it I think its time for another Ira boogie!

If you're known on the DZ eventually someone will ask you to jump without your suit and you'll have to say yes.

Actually I've gone to boogies fully intending to mix it up and people beg me to get on more wingsuit jumps and sometimes first flights with them. I was 100% wingsuit until the X-fest and still managed a handfull of flockmonauti in between the atmonauti. Freefly skills suffer when you don't do them regularly for 8 months. I've been jumping at San Diego for a couple of years and just managed my first non- wingsuit jump there a weekend ago.

Come to think about it I think its time for another Ira boogie!

Let me know if you decide to do it, I enjoy flying with Ira :)
Please forward his email address to me if you have it, as I cannot find his card that he gave me. [:/]

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Not to mention "Birdman Mike", that dude with the Purple S3 that was flocking with us at WFFC. Not sure of his numbers or where he jumps but while chatting he mentioned that he never takes his suit off of his rig and hasn't done a "regular" skydive for as long as he could remember.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

:( Poor old me.

I need to do AFF to pay for my dives, my gear and my recent trip to the US... so I only do maybe 3 or 4 Birdman jumps before I need to go do something else.

It's a tough job.:P But I guess SOMEONE has to do it!;)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I definitely don't have that many wingsuit jumps in a row--(maybe 25?) but Tonto, I'm loving your AFF because it means I get to go on more first flights! Thought I would do plenty of freeflying at Eloy but I barely used my non-wingsuit rig. The most freeflying I did in the USA this year was in the tunnel because it was raining and we couldn't flock!

Back in Joburg, and I just can't feel good about getting 38 seconds of freefall from 11,000 feet anymore. :P
It's the Year of the Dragon.

Pete Luter in NC does nothing but jump his wingsuit. I don't think he has made a regular skydive in three years.

Chuck

Pete's one heck of a birdman fanatic. I have only seen him take the suit off of his rig once, for an ash dive.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I think I'm going on 65 or so... WS jumps in a row (i.e. not removing the suit from my rig - well except when I was switching from GTI to S-Fly and then to S3). Let's see if I can hit 100.

Reviving my own post. :) I hit 99 this weekend at the Z flock n dock. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com