unclecharlie109

V-1 Flight Review

James, are you sponsored in any way by Phoenix? Were you a test jumper for the V1?

Hell, I am a fan (am collecting my Phoenix tracking outfit at Eloy), but lets just say you seem to be a little biased. ;)

Will

PS have you got your hair under control yet? For grooming and wieght loss tips ask Glamour Boy. :D

James, are you sponsored in any way by Phoenix?

No. Are you offering? :P hint hint

Were you a test jumper for the V1?

An "official test jumper" no, Robi was just interested in hearing my opinions on his new design, as an average wingsuit pilot. (Obviously I'm not the best in the world - that has to be Miles Daisher :P)

The MOD effectively ended up being the center most cell on the leg wing. As far as I know it also inflates. The owner is greybeard so maybe he could elaborate some more on it.

And you didn't get a picture of it? Shame,shame Lou.:P

Did I say I didn't have a picture of it?;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Show me the proof, monkeylip!

Sure no problem. As soon as I am done with the BMI/FFC tour I am currently running over here, I'll post a pic. Or Greybeard could just post one since it is his suit;)

If my connection wasn't so slow and unreliable, I'd post pics from some of my recent flights with new birdz. In fact, I have a flight lined up for today at 0200Z that should be a lot of fun. Weather should be perfect for that "as far as you can see" perspective and the Mountains and ridge lines that pop up around 10k feet are incredible as you fly by them.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I will definitely agree that the gripper angle would certainly relieve much of the wrist fatigue I get on my S3. I think I will mod my S3 in this manner and tell you what I think!

I am curious to see how this turns out Chuck. As I just wrote in another post I am experiencing wrist pain (broken wrist a long time ago) with my S3 grippers. I will be seeing you in Zhills next week I think!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Maybe after they get off the ground they'll have more colors, but with the increased performance Im sure most people won't mind

I never rule anything out, but on the Phoenix-Fly website they specifically said that limit options and colors as a measure to keep costs low.

Since they don't have gray (to match my BASE rigs) should I go black & red or black & white? ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

The Vampire 1 is the Phoenix Fly suit. :S

I've heard people differentiating the Phoenix Fly tracking suit (pants and jacket) and the Phoenix Fly Wingsuit (V-1), by referring to the tracking garb as the "Phoenix Fly Suit" and the wingsuit as the "V-1".

Errrrrr.....ok? :S:P:D

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I've heard people differentiating the Phoenix Fly tracking suit (pants and jacket) and the Phoenix Fly Wingsuit (V-1), by referring to the tracking garb as the "Phoenix Fly Suit" and the wingsuit as the "V-1".

That's the way I understand it. There are two "suits", as it were: the tracking "suit" (i.e. pants & jacket) and the wingsuit (i.e. the Vampire V-1).

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Does anyone have any experience of how the V1 flies relative to the BirdMan suits, particularly the GTi and S3? I think I'll probably get a V1 anyway instead of an S3, but most of my bird-buddies will still be jumping GTis.
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school

Since they don't have gray (to match my BASE rigs) should I go black & red or black & white?

Well since you can't choose black, red AND white (aww.. too bad, you can't match me :P) I vote black & red! Yeah!! :)
Come play! :ph34r:
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."