skyjuggler

Loic and Soul Flyers

Loic and company rock.

Have just seen this photo of Loic in a Wingsuit flying down a ski slope in freefall. He can not be more than 5 meters high, and the photo shows him, his shadow and 2 skiers who he passes!!!! The shot is amazing and apparently there are 2 or 3 different video angles. You hear of people talking about what can be done, but this photo was amazing. I guess 120mph at 5 meters off the ground cruising past 2 skiers!! Wow.

I haven't seen the DVD as it was away with the Babylon boys, but I can't wait to see the wing suit and base stuff from Loic. Meanwhile if you are bored or want to be inspired check out this other stuff from the Sould FLyers.

http://para-net.org/paramag/archives/directlive/direct192/images/SoulFlyers.mpg

You hear of people talking about what can be done, but this photo was amazing. I guess 120mph at 5 meters off the ground cruising past 2 skiers!! Wow.

Forward speed? Definitely not 120 MPH, especially if he's still flying a Crossbow or Crossbow-derivative (which tend to have slower forward speeds than their BirdMan counterparts, which do not reach 120 MPH forward). But he does do some amazing stuff. He brings it down like few others. The video sounds awesome and I'm stoked to see it. The last vid I saw of him bringing a suit down was in Crosswind, and that was over two years ago. Downloading this one until then...
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Have just seen this photo of Loic in a Wingsuit flying down a ski slope in freefall. He can not be more than 5 meters high, and the photo shows him, his shadow and 2 skiers who he passes!!!!

Where can we see this picture?

--
Renaud SMA #9
"Mind is like parachute. It only functions when it's open."

Jari and I watched the video of Loic's flight skimming the mountains yesterday. A friend of ours had it. Yeah.... WOW - very cool! Boys and girls, do not try THAT at home! You would think balls that big would cause more drag. ;)

I wish I had more time to play that hard. Well, then again anything is possible.

PLUR,

~Kim
BirdMan Inc

-Kimberly Griffin

Jari and I watched the video of Loic's flight skimming the mountains yesterday. A friend of ours had it. Yeah.... WOW - very cool! Boys and girls, do not try THAT at home! You would think balls that big would cause more drag. ;)

I wish I had more time to play that hard. Well, then again anything is possible.

PLUR,

~Kim
BirdMan Inc

BM worldwide emplore you to upload the clip of that onto the net. I hope to get a video server up when i return to replace the one going down... hope to get the other 4 gigs of videos that i am missing for it too....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

There is a DVD of this stuff and more brass ball action, but I guess only Loic & co, Babylon and few others have copies. As much as I really want to see it, I respect the fact that this is their venture and they will present it when ready. When ever that is it's going to be worth the wait.
Also you have to respect that projects like this don't fund themselves, and in order to justify the sponsorship and future work, they have to do the job properly.
Loic and the Soul Flyer crew are up to some mad stuff, so when they decide to show their work to the world I will be at the front of the line!! Until then I'm in the same boat as the masses!

We all fly just barely above slope-y clouds and outtrack them every now and then, I'm sure. It's a very fun thing to do. However, it takes some serious balls to take it down to the ground like that.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

That is one hell of a nice video!!!!!!!! awsome footage awsome effects, awsome music. only thing its lacking is BOOBIES!!!:D:)

I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

This is just unbelievable, I'm fuckin' speechless.

And this seems to be raising the question of landing a wingsuit again!

I'm just wondering whether he had a plan, what to do in case he ran out of altitude...
Anyway, that's one badass flyer!

[QUOTE]I'm just wondering whether he had a plan, what to do in case he ran out of altitude... [/QUOTE]

My guess would be pull :P

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Have just seen the footage a few days ago of Loic and it is true, he is the bad boy!!!

As for what he could do, basically nothing. My previous statement of him being 5m high was false, it was more like 3 meters!!! One of the best shots is him looking down at the snow and watching his own shadow, it´s big and very very close!!!
If he pulls then the lines would only reach tension behind him and so the canopy would not work. Basically he has big brass balls and of course his amazing flying skills. He basically flyies down the slope then over to some rocks and then enters a small valley where he pulls.

The funniest thing is the real time sound when he enters the ski slope, no BS, it sounds like a jet fighter flying past!
Loic rocks!