HydroGuy

Anyone done some cool jumps lately?

Freeflying board is slow at times, so...

I did a 4 way yesterday (only like my 3rd or 4th 4 way freefly) with some awesome flyers and an outside video flyer wanted some practice and jumped with us as well. Closed up a 3 level headup formation.

On the ground I was totally stoked...being new stuff to me and all.

But what was really cool was how stoked all these experienced flyers were watching the video afterwards...seeing their genuine enthusiasm made what for me was a cool jump even that much more enjoyable to be a part of.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

144 jumps and you flew a 3-way head-up formation... that is awesome! Good for you!

Lately I've been pinching myself... just to make sure I'm really awake... so many of the jumps have been what I've been waiting for! Keep going and I'll see you up there

Chaps
Carpe diem

I jumped with my old coach from when I graduated aff yesterday, Did a flower exit out the door and held it for half of the jump. He was able to dock on my head and after that we went into a sit. He never really does fujumps anymore beacause he is a cameraflyer and is always working. It was awesome to see the smile on his face when we were headdown. One of those jumps wen you get in the saddle you are screaming with joy.
pull low, fly fast, PLF!

I have been floating between belly jumps and freefly for a while, and I just did some tunnel time a week ago to work on my sit-flying. This past weekend I docked on someone. He had a little less experience than me, but had a stable sit, and I flew in and docked on his foot. I got two more docks on other jumps. I am so excited that I now have the control on all axis and am able to come in reach out a hand and dock. I love it!

I can't wait to get out there tomorrow and try again!
It isn't what it could be, or it what it should be, it is what it is.

A fun jump we have been doing as two, three, and four ways. If doing a two way free fly the exit if not exit in a flower then go to a round, after the round go to a sit campfire all touching toes then go to your belly and do a round. Make sure someone keys the transition to the belly if not seperation is hell. While docked in the round transition to a head down round staying docked. Then go back through it as many times as you can. Obviously the bigger it gets the harder it is. We did a two way and went through it 3 times. As the formation gets bigger take your time getting to the points. Fun dive and you get to work on your crappy belly skills!!!

That does sound fun! So, when you trans from belly to HD, you end up in a round w/ everyone facing out, by diving forward while linked? Or is it more of a break belly round, trans to HD & then form a round?

It'd be fun & a great pic for outside vid if everyone's facing out.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

A fun jump we have been doing as two, three, and four ways. If doing a two way free fly the exit if not exit in a flower then go to a round, after the round go to a sit campfire all touching toes then go to your belly and do a round. Make sure someone keys the transition to the belly if not seperation is hell. While docked in the round transition to a head down round staying docked. Then go back through it as many times as you can. Obviously the bigger it gets the harder it is. We did a two way and went through it 3 times. As the formation gets bigger take your time getting to the points. Fun dive and you get to work on your crappy belly skills!!!

I've yet to even try head down...

Well, sometimes my back tracks go head down, but it's not intentional:|

We did a 6 way the other day that was pretty fun. We exited a 6 way right hand head down doughnut, opened it up to a round, then to an "S" formation, to an all out facing round, broke one grip to bring it around to a all in facing round, then made a 3 way flower with oppisite facing stingers, opened it up to a 6 way in and out facing round, then the in facing people transitioned to a sit while still gripped to an all out facing head down/sit round. We had a good time.
"Don't mistake common stupidity for common sense"
-Bill Dause

Did a couple of linked exits where the plan was for me to be on my belly and my friend to be on his back. It flew well for a few seconds the first time we tried it; second time we ended up barrel rolling it so I was on my back and he was on his belly. Way fun!

Spent the top half of both of those jumps working on going faster in my sit and stand so he could fly head down with me. I was stoked because I was able to close horizontal distance in both the sit and the stand.

Spent the bottom of those jumps with both of us sitting; got real close to a foot to foot dock a couple times and managed to smack his foot with my hand once.

I've been consistently inconsistent in my sit lately so these two jumps were extra cool for me.

No your in your belly round and you end up facing each other in your HD round. Try to stay linked during the entire transition. Its not a flip or drive forward move. The entire formation transitions at the same time without breaking the dock. It is best to decide which way your going to transition during the dirt dive. In a two way you can either go over top of someone or as we did it we just transitioned to my right and his left like transitioning from a sit to HD. See what I am saying. If not PM me I will try to describe it better. Start out as 2 ways they are easier it gets alot harder just adding that one person to a 3 way depending on everyones skills.

Gotcha - sorry, was thinking of a larger dive than 2 people. I guess w/ 3 or more you'd actually have to take cross hand grips in your round (pretty difficult) so everyone could cartwheel. Or you could do it to end up in a crosshad HD round. No matter, skills are needed. I can just do a 4 ppl HD round, 2 cross handed to trans into a sit. it's fun though!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

The most we had done succesfully was a 4 way. We attempeted a 5 way but were not succesful. On the 4 way one person came over top and the two other cartwheeled and the other slid under. I got a little crunchy but held it. Have to be aggressive and hold on unless it gets crazy ugly.

We just did this jump this weekend and it was a lot of fun. There were just three of us, and we got through it a couple of times. We probably would had done a few more rotations, but we decided to mix it up a bit since we wanted to work on our sit flying. Instead of a campfire for the sit portion, we built an 'A' with me on top and the other two doing hand docks on each of my feet. Each time we got to the sit portion a different person got to be the top of the A. Going to the belly portion when you already have some vertical separation from the A formation made it interesting, but we were still able to get through it a couple of times on the first try.

This is definately a good skill dive since it involves fall rate adjustments and horizontal movement in three different positions. And you can tell all your belly flying friends that you did some RW! Of course not for the whole jump though... After all, flying in the pull position for the whole skydive is just dangerous!;)

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

I'm actually very stoked about a couple HD two ways I did this weeekend. I've never been able to plan so much in a dive and get it all done like this. They were both with very good flyers but I still feel as though I was pullin' my weight.

On Saturday with Glen we freeflew a HD exit and:

-right handed dock
-left handed dock
-I take foot dock
-two handed dock
-Glen takes foot dock
-two handed dock
-carve around in one direction, stop and then carve around in the other

On Sunday with Pauly we freeflew a HD exit and:

-right handed dock
-left handed dock
-two handed dock
-right handed dock held while Pauly flips into sit
-eagle
-eagle (pauly gets back into HD)
-carve

Now I know these may sound simple to many of you. But I'm still reeling about it today as I just couldn't beleive we got it all done! I did a few HD skills camps this year with Steve Curtis. They were big-way training dives. Anyway, my HD flying has improved so much it's insane and jumps like the two I described were unimmaginable for me last season.

So yeah, I would consider them to be "cool jumps" B|

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

We did a 6-way Rodeo thingy on Saturday,
One guy flat with someone on his back Rodeo style,
then the other 4 of us sitting around him,

Here's a picture
(my Camera needs re-aligning)

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

Ok got another one with Anomaly. It was another six-way hybrid. We launched a three-way base (me & Steve Boyd Sr on belly with one hanger, Eric Boyd). Anomaly (Jed, Stevie & Trent) then stung the belly flyers. Trent & Stevie released, popped above the hybrid a few feet and rotated facing each each other in the burbel. Video by Major Nathan Blood looks pretty cool.

What made it especially nice was to see Steve in the air with Eric and Stevie, and have me and Trent together too! Of course we had to have our favorite adopted son Jed to complete the picture.

Blue skies,

Jim

My last jump, while very simplistic for some, was epic for me.

Did a three way linked HU exit. Broke apart. I then flew forward to the base and touched his hand, dropped down and took a dock on his foot. Flew it for a couple of seconds, let go, did a 180 and took a dock on his foot with my other hand.

It was the first time FF'ing that I ever took the dock, as opposed to being docked on. This was also the first time I ever flew formations where I wasn't the base, but an actual slot flyer.

Funny thing was is that I came out of my last tunnel session kind of frustrated that I felt like I didn't learn a lot. But when I got in the sky I had the most control I'd EVER had on a head up jump...especially my forward/backward movement.