Courteney

First Spaceball jump!!!

Hey there,

Did my first Spaceball dive today. Me and a buddy made one, (well he made it I gave him the details). She was beautiful. Her name was V5-SPACE 1.
So he did the first jump with it and all was cool. Second jump I was doing camera with another buddy and all was going well, but I'm sad to say that when break off alti came...aka Catch the %*$&ing thing, he missed and V5-SPACE 1 was no longer.
It was alot of fun...V5-SPACE 2 is already on the drawing board.
BLUE SKIES V5-SPACE 1.

Adios.
...drags me down like some sweet gravity!!!

My thought as well, but in a case like that a clicky on the profile may help. I take it correctly that Namibia is still a fairly scarcely populated country?;)

Man, i so would like to go there sometime.

Does Skydive Swakopmund only have the 206/182 or do they have a turbine sometimes?
Couldn't open their Website through dz.com...
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Except when you miss.

It happens. Better flyers than you and I have missed the ball.

Courteney. Just be careful ok? I don't know the skill level so please be sure there's nothing the ball can hit if it goes in again. I've never dropped a ball but have come very close to it. I know of several balls that have gone in and one person that nearly went in chasing it.

Any way, what a cool toy huh? Have fun and be safe.

Tim
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Hey there!!

Didn't kill anything!!! Our DZ sits like 3km from town and is surrounded by nothingness!!!! We jumped 1 mile to the NE of the dz and it went in without incident. You're more than welcome to check Swakop out. The website needs updating, we have 2x 206's, one rear exit door with sliding door and one front exit. We are organising a turbine for December though...which is probably one of the best times to visit Swakop.

We planned the jumped pretty well. My buddy has a shitload of jumps and is the best FFlyer in Nam. (he's actually a freak to see in the air) So he was the Ballmaster. Almost caught it like 3 times but altitude got the better of us.
We are lucky to have plenty of space to play over...hell we probably have the largets dz in the world!!! Come to Swakop and you'll see what I mean.

You should be able to catch it %100 of the time before doing it

How do you know you can catch it without doing it? :S:S:o

Go out with coaches and have them ballmaster. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable ballmastering until I had my AD-B or equivalent skill level. Even then it would be a rare occasion.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I agree with Goat and WW.

If your gonna do it anyways, its good to hear that your atleast making some kind of plan.

Are your DZO and your pilot aware of when you are jumping it.

In the states the pilot is 100% responsible for anything that comes out of his aircraft.
In other words, if it does hit something your pilot can lose his license.

We are lucky to have plenty of space to play over...hell we probably have the largets dz in the world!!! Come to Swakop and you'll see what I mean.

Isn't that the one that looks to be in the middle of the desert and featured in the nambia section of SOUL flyers DVD?

We made sure everyone was well aware of it. Like I said, we planned it.

Yep that's the place...haven't seen SOUL FLYERS DVD yet but they were there for a coupla weeks...it is in the desert. You should drop in sometime.

"My cypres expires next year I wonder if anyone has ever used an old cypress for a mini parachute on a space ball? hmmmm....."

I heard the Babylon people were at one stage playing with water weights, attached to tubes. At the preset alt, the AAD dumped the water.

Sounds like a load of fun to me, till it all goes wrong, and its hilarous.....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I heard the Babylon people were at one stage playing with water weights, attached to tubes. At the preset alt, the AAD dumped the water.

A russian AAD attached to large keg containing water. keg attached to tube. At preset alititude aad fires and water enters the sky....appropriately called 'The Bomb'. Last used in Eloy 1998 I believe, check old freefly festival photos. Bad arse.:)

Wasn't there also a ball (can't remember who made it) that resembled a "Super Mario Brother's Babomb"? I remember reading about it when reading up on the vladiball. Supposedly it had an AAD of some kind along with a small parachute inside it. If I remember correctly, I think it was said that it flew almost if not just as well as a tennis ball but was VERY expensive to manufacture. Anybody know anything about it, or who was making it?

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.