FeFe

Is it what I think it is?

Ahhhh...PD's new canopy.

The "Whhhaaaaaaa" (kunk fu noise).

I wouldn't doubt it if it was, since the rumor had the Katana availabe to have it for demos at WFFC and the other rumor was that they'll be available for purchase by September, so that would all make since.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Looking at the pictures seems that only the trailing edge is tapered(?) but from what I understand this chute supposed to be more radical than the Stileto - Right?

Can you create a more radical design with only semi-elliptical canopy or I might be just wrong, it is fully elliptical and the pictures are misleading?

Royi

It looks like it has tapered leading and trailing edges to me. Some of those WFFC photos look very similar to photos my friend took of me under Samurai a few weeks ago; which leads me to speculate this canopy has a steeper trim than a Stiletto.

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Yes its definiately called the Katana. Some people are saying that it does not have a name just a symbol (sad I know). But the "symbol" is the Japanese word for Katana (to laymen thats the correct name for a "samurai sword").

I think it looks as beautiful as its namesake

Yes its definiately called the Katana. Some people are saying that it does not have a name just a symbol (sad I know). But the "symbol" is the Japanese word for Katana (to laymen thats the correct name for a "samurai sword").

PD is cool because they name their canopies after knives.

PD is cool because they name their canopies after knives.

Actually, it names them after airplanes.

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time