JFC3

Freefly suits

I'm 5'8" 160 - 165 lbs. I jump wih a lot of different shape people. I have no idea of material or kind of drag I'm looking for. I'm just getting into FF and my ff pants have too much drag. I like the way DKR looks but I'm looking for practical more than anyrthing else.

I'm looking for some advise from your experience. Thanks.

Oh - if it's any help I plan on using it in the tunnel too.

"Five days? But I'm angry now!"

I have to agree with Spy38W, I just got my own Kurupee suit this past weekend and its super cool! Also, really great prices!
Check out the discussion in the Gear and Rigging forum (see Cheap Jumpsuits?) because I believe I posted fabric styles that Blas sent me. Also, I believe someone also posted one of their suits received from Kurupee.
Good luck,
J.

Oh - if it's any help I plan on using it in the tunnel too.

you're gonna need alot of drag in the tunnel...more so than in the air. Just use the suits that they have at the tunnel and fit your suit to actual airtime. All of the staff folks at the tunnel wear the tunnel supplied suits. Some are ugly as all get out, but they work.

arlo:ph34r:

You could take a look at MATTER SUITS there quite fitted which means less drag but you can always alter your body position if you need to slow down.The fabric is reasonably heavy and very hard wearing so the knees don't burn out when "stoffing it"or packing:)

.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

I love my Firefly 2 piece suit and if its functionality you're looking for you've gotta check out the 2 piece it freaking rocks!!!

With the 2 piece suit how does the top (jacket) attach to the bottom (pants), or is there no atachment points. If not is there any chance of the jacket blowing up etc.

I'm going to order me a suit this weekend and I'm seriously considering a 2 piece.

Thanks.

.:skip

The jacket has a big elastic band around the bottom that you tuck into the pants. Trust me the jacket isn't going to flip up. Its a totally secure set up. Check out FireFly Unlimited you can't beat their set up.
Base # 942
The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself.

DKR tear easily, though service is quick. those cool fabrics don't like off DZ down winders..
heh

Firefly is good but they could tear

in fact I tore my freedom means choice and it was indestructible.

Michigan suits are nice and they fit is good but they could tear on a knee slide..

Wait I'm on to something...:D

Get some cordura that is the same color as whichever suit you get so you can put patches where you tear it.

You do tear your clothes too don't you?.. :$

just kidding

firefly..look cool nice construction get one that is thin.

tony suits very tough but very thick high drag canvas on the tye flys

freedom means choice..plain inexpensive and tough

dakine..pretty nice..see first comment, customer service was good

Michigan fit the best (for me) fabric was poly cotton, sort of thick, but well made.

If I were you I'd get a pair of dirt bike pants..:D:D I crack myself up some times.

"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.

I'm under the impression that my Freedom Means Choice suit is damn near industructable after some of the landings I've put on it. I don't really think its too plain, it just doesn't have neon stripes and stuff, simple, nice.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Could be worst, you could have gone through my last phase, the "bang the shit out of your knees on landing" phase.

Seriously, though, out of all the different FF suits I've seen out there, FMC seems to be the most durable.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

For $10-15 Firefly added on Codura knees and rear in the same color as my suit. They work great for climbing on my knees on the grip stop tape on the gate of the Casa's.
The TB strip is cool, but it adds a lot of drag to the suit.

I advise getting double layer fabrics if you are a big boy, and a thin cut if you are a tall skinny person.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Spy - The boyz at Kurupee made me a suit and its totally cool. Awesome design and I left that up to them. Light Purple and dark purple hand painted crazy flowers and etc. It is yellow down both sides with kurupee.com on both legs. The only thing I said was my suit colors are purple and teal. But on this one I asked that they put a little bit of yellow for my Kid Levin. Heh... Picture attached.

It is equally as fast as my fast suit although if you look at it you would think I would float but I dont. I can still stand comfortably at 160-170 as I can in my fast suit. My Kurupee is more forgiving and I make less corrections, its more stable. I think. I have NO idea how I am going to fly in my leather suit. (due this winter) Fast I guess.

My fast suit is real thin and believe me I have frapped in more than anyone I know and it never shredded. I can not imagine what I would have to do to damage the Kurupee suit. Barbed wire maybe.

http://www.kurupee.com

Be sure to read the legend of the Kurupee dude. I get comments on that and the patch on my suit alot. I love the idea that the Kurupee Dude protects the forests and animals... but about that appendage part... I guess that is what makes him a legend.:o

~AirAnn~

KurupeeSuit.jpg

Levin,Ann,Puppy.jpg

Spy - The boyz at Kurupee made me a suit and its totally cool.

Awesome looking suit Ann, I'm interested in seeing the leather one too. The Kurupee dudes have a few new ideas they are working on too. Cute picture of the dog, is that the infamous Levin in in the second picture?

--
Hook high, flare on time

Yeah that is Levin the the cute puppy.

I mean, the red and yellow custom FireFily guy. ;)

I was thinking, damn that is a good picture of Levin and I. He rarely smiles like that... Then I saw the rabbit ears. [:/]

The leather one is being donated - Its strictly experimental. The company is out of NY and should be interesting in a many ways.

I understand your DZ will handle some of Eddie and Blas's suits and that is really great. If anyone is interested in the south central region let me know.

I think that this new company, is great, the service is above average, the guys are super friendly, they have really great ideas and the quality of the suits are outstanding. What else could you want?

~AirAnn~

Yeah, One pocket on the inside left. Not sure about the right side.

(And he has a 2 inch rip on the right knee. His friends at FireFly need to send the boy another one)B|

Levin takes off his alt when landing. On his landing films alt is on then its off. I assume he puts it in that pocket you asked about. But then where does the space ball go??? I think he said he stuffs it in his jumpsuit. But also on landing he loosens his chest strap. Does he boy then have 3 balls? -Things that make you go Hummmm......

One day come by and see if you can spot the Alt switch. Most people do not.

Levins Landing hour: Every Thursday, Friday & Sat night - Right here at AirAnn's Sanctuary for Homeless Skydivers and other animals.

Levin's Landing Hour kinda goes like this-
*First you see the ground from a certain distance.
*Then various turns
*Then the grass.
*Then the sound of little feet.
*And his camera squeaks depending on how many steps he takes.
*Then his canopy floats down.
Thats about it. No people just grass.

On a good Levin Landing Hour swoop you see more blades of grass and hear less steps. That is how you tell if its a good swoop.

But wait..... He will happily rewind it for you.
In summary- swoop -swish, step-squeak, step-squeak, step-squeak.

(wind depending +/- a step-squeak)

**Just my observations**

~AirAnn~

for those of you who have their suits, what is the difference between the 'normal' fabric and the 'special' fabric? is there a flying difference or is it just the looks that are different?
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down