DSE

Custom suit?

I've finally figured out the exact measurements for what I want in my next camera suit. I've contacted several suit manufacturers, and haven't had a response in the last 3 weeks.
Anyone got recommendations?

DYI means it will either look like hell, or will blow apart in a couple jumps. I don't know anything about materials, thread types, etc. I've had a few suits, and learned something new with each one. Probably will learn something new with this one too, but it'll be the first suit I've had that's not an "off the shelf" suit from a major manufacturer. Not sure where to find the materials, although I do have a first-class seamstress available to me. She doesn't want to source materials, she knows nothing about skydiving, nor the materials used to make a solid jumpsuit. Otherwise, I'd probably go down that road.

RMW may not be such a good choice.. From their website
--------------------------------------------
NOTE: Due to unforeseen circumstances RMW is temporarily not accepting jumpsuit orders.
If you currently have an order with us it will be delivered as scheduled.
We will accept warranty repairs (less than 12 month old) only.
The embroidery service is still available.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

I've contacted several suit manufacturers, and haven't had a response in the last 3 weeks.

I've had exactly the same problem, do they want my money or not? >:(
I thought the US was supposed to be a cutomer service led nation. Needless to say I will never bother to attempt to contact them again.

Give Deepseed.com a go.

I know these guys personally. You will not be disapointed by Liam or Dave.

That's is a shame about RMW. I have 6 suites from them spanning 9 years and 3500 skydives. There still are in great condition also, considering the punishment I gave them

Cookie

Thanks guys. I'd looked at Deepseed, their suits/camera style don't begin to approach what I'm looking for, FireFly was one of the companies I'd contacted but haven't heard back from. Their website is a PITA as well, it's only PDF files of order forms, no images dialogs, or information It might be that what I want is just too weird to get one done the way I'd like. Michigan used to make one that was very close; Gus Wing wore it. Apparently they don't make camera suits any more.

I have had the best luck with firefly when i called Sherry directly. The number is on their website. She is great to deal with and would probably tell you if she couldn't do something for you. Otherwise, i will agree with what someone else said, Julio at Liquid Sky is great to deal with also.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

You might want to try Bev Suits. They did a nice job converting my old Bev RW suit to a camera suit with booties and other mods, and paid lots of attention to getting the details of the conversion the way I wanted them. It's been a couple of years, but I've heard nothing but good about their suits in the meantime.

The only thing I'd recommend different for their camera suit is extra reinforcement at the wing attachment points if you're a big boy. I'm 255 out the door on a good day, and I managed to rip one of the wing attachments off the leg last summer. Granted, I do hang a lot of weight on those big wings...

Good luck with your search,

Lance

I already have a Bev, it's not quite there for me. Believe me, I've tapped quite a few resources, and only posted here because I'm not hearing back from the manufacturers that I feel would take the time to build a custom suit. Yeah, I know...I'm being nitpicky, but after trying several off-the-shelf suits that have had mods to fit my body...I want what I want. After all, I'm worth it. :)

RMW may not be such a good choice.. From their website
--------------------------------------------
NOTE: Due to unforeseen circumstances RMW is temporarily not accepting jumpsuit orders.
If you currently have an order with us it will be delivered as scheduled.
We will accept warranty repairs (less than 12 month old) only.
The embroidery service is still available.

I've talked to Glenn and it sounds like they're getting out of the business [:/].

Hey Man,

If you want custom custom, we can do it, no problem, you specify the design, and we will make it. The problem with custom custom, is the time it takes and therefore the cost involved, and we find most people want a super custom product, but only want to pay the normal rack rate...but if you are prepared to pay for a company to go outside the square, then we will build whatever you want..

Cheers,

Geezer
Turkey? Turkey? Bloody Rubbish, it's just a fat bastard chicken!!
If God had meant for me to fly like an eagle, he wouldn't have invented the pie!!!

Thanks for the reply Geezer, I had emailed you guys quite a while back asking.
I then made the mistake of going with a "big name" company that built suits, and got royally f#$%! over. Suit came 4 months after promised date, didn't fit, and had double stitch marks all throughout from where seams had been mis-stitched and unpicked.
Then when I returned it (after having missed the season with a suit that was to have been delivered in May and finally arriving in September), the company refunded only part of my money, and I only received the full amount last week.
Shoulda bought from you perhaps, but the lack of reply to email caused me to look elsewhere.
On a positive note, Sherry from Firefly took measurements personally, and the service from her has been well above "good."