quade

My new non-skydiving reel

Sweet! I detected just a slight hint of shameless self-promotion but the work is quite exceptional.

Thanks.

I -just- realized I had a wrong build file in the mix! Doh! The background for the Batman promo was -supposed- to be a brick wall and I left the temp blank wall turned on.

Anyway, yeah, it's shameless self promotion . . . that's the entire idea.

Not that I'm going to get any gigs off dropzone.com, but I wanted to see if the average user could see it.

Thanks for checking guys.

ps . . . the Batman brick wall has been fixed.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Not that I'm going to get any gigs off dropzone.com, but I wanted to see if the average user could see it.

I think the quality of your work would be more evident to most DZ.commer's considering all of the amateur videos that we share with each other. I mean sure, there are some who can make a pretty mean video but I don't recall ever seeing a skydiving video with titles and graphics of that caliber.

I guess you picked up a thing or two after all those years behind the curtain at Disney;)

Peace,
Z

Action©Sports

Yeah I very much wish I was able to do things like that.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

How long did that all take you?

It wasn't done all at once, but rather composited from several different projects.

It would be difficult to say how much time I have invested in those effect builds, but as an example . . . I made about 10 basic effect elements for the USPA Nationals; background, lower thirds, main logo, gold, silver and bronze medals . . . and what you're seeing in the "reel" is only 3 of them, but altogether I spent about 2 weeks of fiddling around with them . . . maybe 80 hours total retouching the art, building the models, texture mapping, reflection mapping, lighting and rendering. On the "reel" that's represented by about 8 seconds.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver