bergh

Post your Camera Helmet .....

Well, I jumped that nose heavy helmet all weekend after taking ltdivers advice on the ringsight .

It worked but my neck hurts.

Velocityphoto if your offer is still open I'd really like to take you up on it. If you pm me your address I'll send the $20 tomorrow or if pay pal works for you that's cool too.

If that isn't any better I'm going to skip my house payment this month and buy an FTP.

Thanks again you guys for all the help. I really do appreciate it.

Check it out. Here's my very first freefall still pictureB|.

Here are my video helmets. The "old" helmet I used for about 500 jumps and worked great, It was custom made for me by a friend and has customizable liner adjustments for each jump. (its for sale too if you're interested) I just needed more space to mount so I just set up this flat top narrow. I haven't even got to jump it yet! But, hopefully it'll be beer this weekend!

Cheers,
Travis

What brand/model of quick release do you have on your still mount? I'm looking for a more stable system to replace my stroboframe.

I think the most stable would be the thumbscrew only... since that attaches straight to the platform in the front..

Are you having problems with your stroboframes? Mine seem to be rock solid, no stability or shake issues at all.

Iwan

My stroboframe rocks a little forward and backward. Its mounted flush and securely, its within the mechanism. Nothing major, but kind of a bad trait in a mounting system. I thought the gold member looked good, but I hate shelling out money to bonehead. THey sell their name, thier dboxes are ridiculous. The only product that I would ever buy from them again is a flat top since they are the best and the only ones who make them. Other than that, so much better products in other places. I bought the stroboframe for 45 bucks. 80 bucks for a gold member is ridiculous when there rae cheaper ways of doing things. Bone head is the starbucks of the helmet world.

Cheers,
Travis

^I cured the rocking in my stroboframe by putting down two little strips of metallic tape on the bottom surface of the plate that mounts to the camera. A fraction of a mm is all that you need to cut out the wobble.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

laser sight centered with the still camera.

I used to switch the still between helmets and the position for the still varied. It saves time just to align the red dot in the middle of the camcorder.

Trust me I almost laughed when my buddy showed it to me, but it works and it save me time and effort.