bergh

Post your Camera Helmet .....

okay, finally my personalised Rawa, with Case for PC-1000, Newton Cross Sight, Cam-Eye, and a Cut-Away System i took from an old Bonehead Optik Illusion.

The fit is perfect, for me it is now the perfect helmet. After the summer i´ll add a Canon 350D on top with Bite Switch. :)

Here we go, just finished and untested.

http://www.boluk.de/helmet.jpg
http://www.boluk.de/helmet2.jpg

Cameye is homemade with removable and programable chip, but i haven't used that. Byteswitch can be connected to the cameyed to shoot pictures with the video camera or to start recording, or of course to the Rebel XT.

Still not sure which settings to use for the first try, guess i will start with the sport setting.

Any tips or comments to this setup?

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

My "play" camera helmet is also a Rawa, with a side mounted PC, and (occasionally) top mounted XT. I have 2 observations on your set up.... 1) I'm not too sure that you'd ever be shooting pictures with the video camera, and 2) I wouldn't want any downward pressure on my camera lens from the bungee strap. If you want a bungee strap on there, use it to further strap the body of the XT down, not the lens.

Do a few searches on here for settings... I don't reccomend shooting the XT in the sports setting. I personally shoot Shutter Priority (1/400s), Manual Focus, 100 ISO.

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

Jario

1) I know i am not going to be shooting pictures with the video camera again since i have my Rebel XT.

2) The bunge is not very thight, i just want to prevent movement of the lens, the lens rests on a piece of rubber glued onto the helmet. The rubber piece also closes the gap under the lens to prevent snaging a little.

I hab a stroboframe on the helmet but did not like it because of all the snag hazard. Anyone need a new stroboframe? :)
Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

Hi Franco... I was merely addressing what you had written on your previous post:

Byteswitch can be connected to the cameyed to shoot pictures with the video camera

...but then you wrote

1) I know i am not going to be shooting pictures with the video camera again since i have my Rebel XT.

As far as the movement of the lens goes, I think you'd be doing more harm than good by having a bungie applying any sort of pressure on the lens, unless it's balanced by an equal pressure pushing upwards. That's just my opinion, though... other's may disagree.B|

Otherwise, it's a clean looking set up!

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

Here is my new setup.. it's not completely finished, there are a couple more parts coming in sometime soon.. but this is the first pass.

Basically the only change that's going to be made is that the HC-1 is going into a roll cage, instead of just sitting out there in the open.

The whole top is a design that Terry Schumacher makes and it works very very nice..

Are you at all worried about your remote switch on your still getting struck by a riser with it set up like that?

I am.. which is the reason I am not jumping it like that.

the still up top is probably only going to happen if I fly stills only with a flash on there or something like that.

what I wanted to show with the pictures is the flexibility of changing everything around...

I have jumped it with the still on the other side, but then the door for the CF card sticks out over the side of the helmet, which I don't like either.. I try to keep the sides of my helmet completely clear..

Iwan

I have jumped it with the still on the other side, but then the door for the CF card sticks out over the side of the helmet, which I don't like either.. I try to keep the sides of my helmet completely clear..

That's how I'm jumping mine right now, although the camera is completely covered by neoprene so it has some protection.

That is a slick setup...Terry makes some pretty damn cool stuff. B|
Miami

Just got it assembled... a few mods have been made since the pictures (Tape to cover snag points, etc....)

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/terminalvelocity120/IMG_9301.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/terminalvelocity120/IMG_9308.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/terminalvelocity120/IMG_9299.jpg
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye