f1freak

How many jumps?????

How many jumps did you all have when you started jumping video?
I started jumping cam on jump 92 and started filming tandems at at 113 (i was the only person with video at the dz that evening), and have made very few without the cam on my head since....

hahahahaha....
and what kind of gear???????
I had a Paramount systemIII clone with a 8mm sony and a.... damn i cant remember what my still was, but i had a hand switch that i would route through the jumpsuit.....:D:D:D
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

I was going to wait until I had about 200. But when I mentioned to one of our TMs (who I've done numerous freefly jumps with) that I wished that I could start flying my camera sooner, he said "why don't you". And the rest is history. So I started on jump #148.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Jump# 582 March 16, 1987

With a system from SkyDance Photography called Para Mount Video. It came with a Protec helmet, top mount, plastic sight and the new Sony 8mm Camcorder
SkyDance Photography was the only place that I can remember that you could order a complete freefall video system ready to jump out of the box

101, today!

Got some cool exit and plane shots (yea, it's solo, but I need to get used to it before even thinking about using it around other skydivers)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Just a little saying that was passed on to me just after my first camera jump.

When you get to your 100th video you'll think that your 1st video was horrible
When you get to 200 videos you'll think that your 100th was horrible.
When you get to 300 videos you'll think that your 200th was horrible
etc etc etc

first camera and a pieing soon. have fun ;)

I'm already hooked, and I'm off to the right start, KNOWING it's horrible, but don't care!

Practice, practice, practice.

Lots, literally. A good friend want me as his team mate, training this summer, me video, him skyboard. I need to really crank 'em out before I'm ready for that.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Jump #548 and -after- I had earned my AFFI rating.

(well, they needed a JM who had more than one usable talent, so I stuck a camera on my head and started to practice...actually flew video slot for quite a few jumps without a camera on my head to get the feel and angle before added that helmet.)

I encourage those who are thinking of flying with this contraption on their head to do that as well. Really lets you know -where- your body flying skill level is -before- adding the risk that a camera helmet brings with it inherently.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon