PhreeZone

Video questions for Nationals

Question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. Can a videographer jump with more then one team in different classes? Specifically one in Intermediate and one in Advanced?

I know about rule 5-1.3 F. A competitor or videographer is allowed to compete
on only one team in each of the events.

How does the video pool work in situations like this if a team does not have a videographer when they show up at Nationals?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. Can a videographer jump with more then one team in different classes? Specifically one in Intermediate and one in Advanced?

Nope.

I know about rule 5-1.3 F. A competitor or videographer is allowed to compete
on only one team in each of the events.

And "event" is 4way/8way ect. The classes are not taken into consideration.

How does the video pool work in situations like this if a team does not have a videographer when they show up at Nationals?

there has not been a video pool since I think 98.

Each team must bring their own videiot as the video person is now a member of the team.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

there has not been a video pool since I think 98.

Each team must bring their own videiot as the video person is now a member of the team.

We still use video pools in the UK.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Yeah, Phree, one per. Last year people were really scrambling for video flyers at the last minute when they realized the rules.

I don't get this. Teams spend fortunes getting ready for nationals, and then end up with marginal camera fliers that they hire at the last minute that they haven't jumped with at all.

I don't get this. Teams spend fortunes getting ready for nationals, and then end up with marginal camera fliers that they hire at the last minute that they haven't jumped with at all.

Well, you gotta understand. How hard can camera work be? You just sit there and look at them. :P:P:S;):D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well, you gotta understand. How hard can camera work be? You just sit there and look at them. :P:P:S;):D

It's hard to sit there looking at them THE WHOLE TIME! That jumping out right at the beginning especially. Then they do this squaredancing thing over and over and then pull their strings and land. Ach.

Oh god, and then the bitching! "What do you mean the camera wasn't turned on?" "You tumbled off the plane and missed the first square dance thing!" "Hey you gotta download the video at the window place where the judgementals are!"

Wah!

:P

It is my understanding that they are not going to compete in that situation. There is no more camera pool, like back in the good old days.

Now camera is considered part of the team. YOu don't have one then you are not a full team and you don't play.
Dom

Wow.. I know of at least a few teams that will be scrambling then! Looks like some freefliers with a camera might be able to be picked up to do camera if the situation remains the same as some posts on here seem.

I know that collegents use a camera pool and thats the last time I've been at a USPA event. Looking forward to Nationals this year.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Wow.. I know of at least a few teams that will be scrambling then! Looks like some freefliers with a camera might be able to be picked up to do camera if the situation remains the same as some posts on here seem.

You're right! Spread the word!

It's hard to sit there looking at them THE WHOLE TIME! That jumping out right at the beginning especially. Then they do this squaredancing thing over and over and then pull their strings and land. Ach.

Oh god, and then the bitching! "What do you mean the camera wasn't turned on?" "You tumbled off the plane and missed the first square dance thing!" "Hey you gotta download the video at the window place where the judgementals are!"

Wah!

:)

Fixed that first line for ya!

God, I can hear your 2005 rant already "Hey, you losers, where's my thong!??!?!?" Sheesh. How soon the videoslutgraphers forget. :P;)

Wow.. I know of at least a few teams that will be scrambling then!

We where in that boat last year. Very bad stuff. It cost us a lot of points on exit.

Looks like some freefliers with a camera might be able to be picked up to do camera if the situation remains the same as some posts on here seem.

Tha sucks for those teams. It will cost them. Shooting 4way is not the same as going out and just getting whatever when you freefly. Just becuase someone wheres a camera doesn't make them a true video flyer.
Dom

Wah!

Fixed that first line for ya!

God, I can hear your 2005 rant already "Hey, you losers, where's my thong!??!?!?" Sheesh. How soon the videoslutgraphers forget. :P;)

You Fox!

I've had a few inquiries, but I've been candid about folks who think they are gold medal material wanting to go right to nationals without practicing with their camera flier! I could not replace Kwoo, and found that out when we jumped the Shark. I've since figured out the Shark. (at the expense of Team Long Climbout and Snatchforce)

Hire me you maniacs. Two cameras, Nationals experience, and I'll wear women's underwear if you are all Foxy Women.

Hire me you maniacs. Two cameras, Nationals experience, and I'll wear women's underwear if you are all Foxy Women.

sadly....the foxes wont be there this year......but i will!!!!!

Noone is more sad than us Gimpy..:(:(

Deuce, You saved our bacon last year and we enjoyed every minute of it! Thanks sweetie.

It is hard to train all year (or not;)) and then find yourself cameraless at the last minute, so pretty much you go with what you can get(after calling every cameraguy that you and everyone your friends knows) and enjoy it. Or choose to stay home and not play at all.

This year at least our camerachickie will be there. She is shooting camera for Ice, who ironicly found themselves in the same position as we did last year.
(Get better soon Eric)

oh yes.. sorry didnt mean to lose the point of the thread..

Deuce for Mayor! (no?)...erm President?..
No! Sorry..
Deuce for Cameraguy (yes, thats it!)

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

As long as we dont get forced to see him in a thong ever again... sure... even president...:P

Oh come on Remi ;) you're only saying that because you dont get to vote eitherB|

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

sadly....the foxes wont be there this year......but i will!!!!!

This year at least our camerachickie will be there. She is shooting camera for Ice, who ironicly found themselves in the same position as we did last year.
(Get better soon Eric)

(yes, thats it!)

Okay, now that the Fox is out of the bag .. so to speak. One Fox will be attending Nationals. I get to shoot video for Ice As their video guy has been grounded do to injury. It's kind of ironic that I get to go this year after Duece replaced me last year when my husband got hurt right before the event.
I can't wait to meet and hug Duece to thank him for taking such good care of my Foxies last year. I'm sure I can even come up with a purple stripey top and a thong for him. I don't think that my team this year will wear thongs for round 10!

Duece you better get a team cause I can't wait to meet you in person.
kare

Duece you better get a team cause I can't wait to meet you in person.
kare

I have several sniffing, but no commitments yet. I'm sure I'll see you, and I think I owe you a kids XL shirt that I stretched the hell out of.