virgin-burner

anybody got word about a new icarus canopy!?

I don't know either, no FB access at work

The Daedalus JFX will soon be available to order.

Check back for further updates and images.

from www.nzaerosports.com/canopies/daedalus-JFX

gosh, i was looking, but didnt find anything..

is this for sure or may there be something else!?

answer your friggin' phone, got your message saturday night! new number..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Is the JFX the canopy Redline over at Lodi has been using?

Edit: They've been jumping them for some time. It'll be interesting to see if the JFX is strictly a high performance CRW canopy or if its marketed otherwise.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

from what i've heard it's supposed to be a stepping stone to the JVX but that is only rumors. i think mikeal stevens had one at world championships in 08' if i remember correctly.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

It's weird though, I've never been able to get to that page - even from home.

Oh well, Im sure people will post the info when it's released.

Ian

Sounds like a PD conspiracy to keep you off NZ products...you know, test jumpers in all black jumping out of black helicopters and such.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It's weird though, I've never been able to get to that page - even from home.

Oh well, Im sure people will post the info when it's released.

Ian

Sounds like a PD conspiracy to keep you off NZ products...you know, test jumpers in all black jumping out of black helicopters and such.

jeb corliss is also PD!? :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

does somebody have infos on this one!?

nz aerosports gave a hint on their FB-page about it..

I think Larry Simmons is jumping one. JFX. I asked him couple of questions about canopy b/c I saw it on his pictures on FB. You could make buddies with him and ask him firsthand.

...At least if I can remember correctly. :S
dudeist skydiver #42

does somebody have infos on this one!?

nz aerosports gave a hint on their FB-page about it..

I think Larry Simmons is jumping one. JFX. I asked him couple of questions about canopy b/c I saw it on his pictures on FB. You could make buddies with him and ask him firsthand.

...At least if I can remember correctly. :S

sent him a message!

thanks!

:)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Is the JFX the canopy Redline over at Lodi has been using?

Edit: They've been jumping them for some time. It'll be interesting to see if the JFX is strictly a high performance CRW canopy or if its marketed otherwise.

The JFX redline is using is not the same as a JFX you would buy.

They (redline) have significant modifications made and it is for CRW.

The JFX you would buy would be for high performance flight/swooping or a general canopy, but a 7 cell rather than a 9.

I was told they are working on/testing a new canopy also, will be interesting.

There has been plenty in the pipleine for a few years.

Maybe we will see the JSX at long last.

The market is ready...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Text from the website below. Short version "a crossbrace for those that couldn't be arsed with crossbrace openings."

The JFX is a 21-cell Elliptical ZP Crossbraced canopy. Unlike the JVX, which has been shaped for wicked swooping power and CP competition, the JFX design is simply the highest end everyday canopy we could come up with.

Although being fully Crossbraced with the powerful landings, long recovery arcs and efficient flight you'd expect, we've tamed the JFX for piss easy, everyday, low hassle jumping. Now you can have Crossbraced performance with almost Crossfire type ease.

Whether you are hard-ass team training, work jumping, doing camera, wingsuit jumping... or just a Jump Hog wanting a bit more welly in your day... this is your sports car!

It's not a canopy for light wing loadings, transitioning to a JVX, or to learn on. The JFX is for the already experienced small HP Elliptical 9-cell jumper who couldn't be bothered with a Crossbrace canopy before now.

You'll want to load it up slightly compared to an elliptical 9-cell, and it will come alive with more zip. And that gorgeously efficient Crossbrace flare can become either a blazing swoop or use the power for the easiest, gentlest touchdown.

Yup, it's more bulky and more expensive than a 9-cell, but it’s worth it!

NOTE: Recommended wing loading 1.8 to 2.8 (Yes, you can load it up like a JVX too!)

I think it's aimed at me, 7yrs spoilt rotten jumping a Xfire now wanting something alittle different.
Anyone got an idea what one of these babies is going to cost.

P.S already sold it to the wife but at a price i.e new imac printer mortgage etc.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

Whether you are hard-ass team training, work jumping, doing camera, wingsuit jumping...

NOTE: Recommended wing loading 1.8 to 2.8 (Yes, you can load it up like a JVX too!)

I'm curious about this... I thought highly-loaded cross braces weren't considered suitable for wingsuiting? What's different about this one?

(no, I'm not thinking of getting one)

Whether you are hard-ass team training, work jumping, doing camera, wingsuit jumping...

I'm curious about this... I thought highly-loaded cross braces weren't considered suitable for wingsuiting? What's different about this one?

(no, I'm not thinking of getting one)

+1
I know you can't take the manufactures word without a grain of salt, but I was suprised by how they are positioning this as camera/wingsuit/general high performance wing.

I am thinking about upgrading my spinetto next season and have been a little bit torn on where to go (Katana? Velo? Neos?). I fly a lot of camera so openings are really important. I don't swoop by today's standards (I still call it surfing if that helps show my age), but I usually do 90-180 carving approaches. So I want to be able to still do that, but don't need or want a full blown swoop competition winning wing. A more modern design, a more rigid wing...responsive, good openings, but not a single purpose swoopn' machine.... I wonder if this will fit the bill.