cobaltdan

Cobalt 25 jumped

looks like a great time... man that would be fun... at what alti did you guys cut it away?? I bet it dove like a champ... where the pics taken from someone in freefall or under another canopy?
-yoshi

catfish and eric have been jumping the cobalt 25. opens great at terminal, hyper responsive. flies straight in twists. wing loading from 8:1 to 11:1

the video is a trip....
no plans for landing it any time soon.

sincerely,

dan<><>

You should call some tandem manufacturer's, I bet they all would love a new design for a drogue.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Grasshopper, when will you ever learn. There is nothing new. I used to have a square pilot chute on my round main :)They (not mine :S) were popular for awhile in the late 70's.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I don't think I have seen a "Ram Air" P/C.

Actually, mine was. I think it had 4 cells. Did I mention it didn't work very well? I used to be a lot more interested in canopy construction.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Still don't know what the bloody point is to built a canopy which you are not able to land.....

There's more use for a parachute than just getting your ass safely on the ground. Use your imagination, there are quite a few potential applications that _I_ can think of, and I'm sure that there a quite a few more than that.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

eric and catfish have not jumped the 25 with the datalogger yet. it is still a little dicey and i do not want them to use the belly mount camera or any additional, potentially snaggable equipment yet. the canopy is extremely sensitive due to its 5' long lines. a 2" weight shift in your harness can turn it faster than you. i am working on a new line trim to make it more docile. for now the guys have just switched to a single point suspension.

i will post more as develops.

i had a great dream last night that we built a mini harness that placed a 25 to deploy off your butt and that you remained suspended low drag superman style with the wing above yor center of gravity....(that could be landable:o)

sincerely,

dan

Daniel Preston
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

Hey Dan, I have heard rumors that front riser inputs on that canopy cause it to do some really weird things... what did you find in that area? Also that front riser pressure is ridiculously high. (understandibly) :S:D:S:P;)

Live today as tomorrow may not come

i had a great dream last night that we built a mini harness that placed a 25 to deploy off your butt and that you remained suspended low drag superman style with the wing above yor center of gravity....(that could be landable)

... how 'bout a drogue release style setup. Clear and pull, fly the handkerchief (sweeet!) till 2200, then KA-CHING, out comes a "real" canopy with the '25 acting like a big plot chute during landing?

... I wonder what pond swooping would become with your 'superman setup'? Memories of waterskiing wipeouts are flooding back...

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)