chayes12

9 Cell class in FLCPA

Let's try it!
Here ya go.
We will have a 9 cell class at the next two FLCPA meets. Course dimensions will remain the same with same scoring system as intermediate and pro classes. The difference will be this. Entry gates will be 30 ft wide, but will not have a height requirement. Pilots will need to fly through the course at any height with no vertical extension penalties. In other words the entry gates extend to the sky. You must still fly through the gates though.
You can not enter the course from the side.

Round 5 December 4 Skydive DeLand
Round 6 January 15 Lake Wales

If anyone has any questions you may email me dirrectly
[email protected]

Thanks and we hope to see you all get involved

but will not have a height requirement. Pilots will need to fly through the course at any height with no vertical extension penalties. In other words the entry gates extend to the sky. You must still fly through the gates though.
You can not enter the course from the side.

I know it's your party Chris, but no height requirement?? Are you going to score that against the other 2 classes (ie is it still 1 total score?). If so, is that realistic?

Also, what's the point in removing the verticle component? How do you plan on scoring that class fairly and accurately?

Blues,
Ian
ps: I asked these publicly cause I suspect I'm not the only one wondering this stuff so you can address us all at once.
Performance Designs Factory Team

Well, I am going to be in Deland for the meet on December 4th, so maybe I will have time to compete under my Sabre2 just for shits and grins. If I have time to do it around my organizing commitments then I am game. Or maybe I will just run the course in my unzipped suit after flock jumps. Either way, if I have time to compete, I will make the "real" gates and anyone else competing under their non-braced shit should do the same.

Chuck

The 9 cell class will not be scored against the other two classes. It will be a class on it's own with it's own winner. Again we will all watch these pilots closely and give them guidance and help them learn the skills necessary to move into the higher class. We used the no vertical rule in some of the earlier meets before FLCPA and it worked well.

Easy big fella. This class is intended as a beginner class for pilots that are not yet ready to fly the cross brased stuff. Not a pro swooper like yourself. It is a chance for low time jumpers to begin to begin. Maybe someday we will see a skydiver with 2000 jumps, 1996 of them hop and pops from 5000 ft.

I will make the "real" gates and anyone else competing under their non-braced shit should do the same.

Agreed.

Chris, what about an "incentive bonus" for the pilots. Say a 10ft gate that they get additional score for if they hit it? That way you can still score them, but encourage them to hit the gates.

Just thinking out loud.:)
Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Is that really the point of having the nine-cell meet? To allow beginners a forum? My volunteering to compete under my Sabre2 is a product of being tired of hearing people say that they simply must jump a braced wing in order to excell in competition. As someone who competed for three seasons under a nine-cell with better than average success against crossbraced mains, I would just like to show people that it's not the wing over your head; it's the well-practiced ability of the pilot which gets you scoring rounds in competition. No RDS, HMA lines, or one-off factory crossbraced canopy is going to get you through the gates; it's your competency under canopy which will ensure you scoring runs. My Velocity needs relining anyway.

I will make the "real" gates and anyone else competing under their non-braced shit should do the same.

Agreed.

Chris, what about an "incentive bonus" for the pilots. Say a 10ft gate that they get additional score for if they hit it? That way you can still score them, but encourage them to hit the gates.

Just thinking out loud.:)
Blues,
Ian

The whole purpose of the 9cell class is to introduce people into competition, lets keep it safe Ive seen enough PRO swoopers frap in on water, I agree with the no gate rule. Think about it, if they are way too high they will get a 0 anyway from overshooting the entire zone course.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Is that really the point of having the nine-cell meet? To allow beginners a forum? My volunteering to compete under my Sabre2 is a product of being tired of hearing people say that they simply must jump a braced wing in order to excell in competition. As someone who competed for three seasons under a nine-cell with better than average success against crossbraced mains, I would just like to show people that it's not the wing over your head; it's the well-practiced ability of the pilot which gets you scoring rounds in competition. No RDS, HMA lines, or one-off factory crossbraced canopy is going to get you through the gates; it's your competency under canopy which will ensure you scoring runs. My Velocity needs relining anyway.

your on chuckie! im taking you out with my crossfire...

hehehe;)

Hey Mark aren't you supposed to move up to Pro???
:)I'm bringing my Sabre 2, it'll be entertaining if nothing else.

lesson to be learned... take your time my son.. i will get there soon... when im readyu for it i will be there...

I've competed with a Sabre2 (in a Skyflyer 3), and got like 4th from last. But I didn't get last. I think I even beat one guy that had a VX, so HA!

Plus I got my wingsuit wet -- only time that ever happened. Twas a kickass swoop up until I came up 4' short.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Angela... this is probally something that both you and your guy can try for. When is a better chance to improve then when you are being judged on things by your peers and those that are greatly better then you?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Angela... this is probally something that both you and your guy can try for. When is a better chance to improve then when you are being judged on things by your peers and those that are greatly better then you?

Hi, Phree!
I admit, it has appeal to really challenge oneself with a swoop course. I think Rory might be into it, but i'm really not as consistant at this point as i'd like to be, still coming out a little high at times, sometimes not perfectly on target (all unacceptable for competing). I'm jumping a lot right now, so who knows, maybe i'll feel on it by then. But, i'm only doing 180s, am loading a lot less than most who will probably do 270s, and I don't yet land on rears..., so I probably couldn't get near the distance of most of the people who will compete. It would be cool for fun, tho, even if I didn't place.

Tell ya what,.. i'll get some video this wknd and send it to ya to check out. I am all for constructive criticism, i'm just not sure i'm quite ready to be ripped into by the big dogs yet;)

:P
-A