kansasskydiver

Crossfire-2 To be delieverred tomorrow

Yes I'm being a busy man, jumping all the canopies I can to get the feel for the market and then evaluate them all. I will write the same review of the Xfire-2 as I did for the Cobalt.

All the canopies I'm demoing are 170^2 ft, I will be purchasing a 150 though, but my current main is a 150. I'll go thru the top 3 canopies again in the 150 stage and then make my final purchase.

So far I have jumpe:

-Sabre 170
-Sabre2 170
-Heatwave 170
-Diablo 170
-Cobalt 170

This week, Crossfire 2-169 and next week Nitron 170

waiting on Stilleto 170 and Katana 150 when it comes out
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Not all the canopies are in the same Category or proformance level so you might want to define the level then look at the canopies again. And you might be waiting on the Katana till spring. Add in 8-10 weeks to make one if you like it. Might see a canopy by the 4th of July if you wait for the midwest to thaw out to jump in the spring.

And try the Samauri... I LOVE my Airlocks. B|
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Yes I'm being a busy man, jumping all the canopies I can to get the feel for the market and then evaluate them all. I will write the same review of the Xfire-2 as I did for the Cobalt.

Twenty bucks says you buy the Crossfire 2. It's fucking sweet.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Dammit, Chris!!!>:(

How the hell did you get a hold of a demo CF-2? My DZ has been trying to get a hold of someone at Icarus for the last three weeks to get our hands on some.

I used to have a Heatwave, I currently jump a Stiletto, I put a handful of jumps on a Samurai, and I demo'd a CF-2 for a few jumps at Rantoul.

I tell you this...if I'd had the money in my pocket I would have placed an order for one on the spot. A friend of mine put two jumps on one (after 1000+ on Stiletto's and a few hundred on a Vengeance) and walked back to the Icarus tent with a credit card in hand.

I'd really like to get a few more jumps on a 169 though.....just to be sure.;)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Hey, I *finally* got in touch with someone to get a CF2 demo next weekend. So I have a 149 that's going to be shipped to me next week.

It took me about 3 weeks of calling, leaving voicemails, etc to get someone. I finally got some sort of manager on the line, told him how frustrated I was and that I was wanting to buy a new canopy in the next couple months, but will most likely NOT go with Icarus now because of this. He very quickly set me up for a demo to be shipped out.

Through all of this, even if I LOVE the canopy, the customer service needs serious serious work.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That's odd Aggie, I called them up and got someone on the line the first attempt. We talked and he explained that the demo's were on teh road, but because few people jump the 169 that he'd get it shipped out to me. he sent me an email a week later and said it was ready to ship. i didn't respond right away thankfully. one of our riggers is an icarus dealer and he called simon up directly, simon shipped the canopy on friday tbd today and i get to keep it for 2 weeks then just ship it to lake wales, no demo fee.

they know i'm holding a 37% off coupon too, so maybe that helps and rigger dave and simon are friends

let me know what you think of that 149 dave. what's your loading going to be?
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

My loading is going to be right about 1.9:1 on the 149, so it'll be fun. Especially since I just sent back a Vengence demo at the same wingloading.

Why is it I get the shitty customer service? Atleast PD and Wings (Sunrise Rigging) treat me like a damn king when I call. They've got the customer service that goes a LONG way in making their customers happy, and its consistant across the board, no matter who you are.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Why is it I get the shitty customer service? Atleast PD and Wings (Sunrise Rigging) treat me like a damn king when I call. They've got the customer service that goes a LONG way in making their customers happy, and its consistant across the board, no matter who you are.

This is exactly the same reason I gave up on Atair when I bought my Stileto. I wondered if a company was willing to ignore a customer knocking on their door, then how will they treat me when I'm looking for support?

PD has been awesome, and even though the Stiletto isn't he hottest 'rod, it's still a barrel of fun and I get great service.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Kittana.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

PD has been awesome, and even though the Stiletto isn't he hottest 'rod, it's still a barrel of fun

IMO it's one of the all time greatest non crosbraced designs. Easily competes with any other non-crosbraced elipticals out there.

Need proof?

Watch Airspeed.

Those guys can make a Stiletto turn tricks you've not even thought of.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I have high marks down for a Samurai... Call Brian up at Big Air and see if he can hook you up with a demo. The canopy is schweet and gives you a step up from the stilletto class canopy but not quite as far up as going to a X-braced canopy.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I'll be jumping the Crossfire-2 tomorrow. Any advice for packing?

Just straight pro pack, dno't roll the nose, roll tail tight etc?

Thanks

Chris

The demo I had opened great w/ just a standard pro pack. Not much stuffing, no nose rolling, quarter the slider and you're good to go. Another guy I know who owns one says he can't get it to open bad. Enjoy.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

The demo I had opened great w/ just a standard pro pack. Not much stuffing, no nose rolling, quarter the slider and you're good to go. Another guy I know who owns one says he can't get it to open bad. Enjoy.

Ditto on the demo I had. Leave the nose hanging, quarter the slider, roll the tail just enough to hold it together and you're ready to go.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

The way I describe what to do with the nose of a crossfire is "give it a courtesy tuck". Just kind of jiggle it so it's even with the back of the canopy and that is it, don't push it in any farther. Quarter the slider and lay her down. She doesn't need anything specially to open sweet. I've gone so far as to leave the nose completely exposed and not pulling the slider out at all in hopes of a fast opening......no such luck.
Fly it like you stole it!