freefly68

R.A.G.E.

Hi

that video showed someone missing a swoop course in its entirety and nearly running over some spectators. Nice.

yes he "miss" the course because of the 10knots crosswind he decided to go outside the course and the total swoop was about 400feet

blues
FRank
provehito in altum

It looked like maybe a 45 degree crosswind, and his swoop was straight in line with the course, just on the outside of the blades.

I think the cross/down wind set up had him come out of his dive too far downwind. If he had been more over the water before the swoop, he would have been in a better position. As for the spectators, at least they can run fast....

that video showed someone missing a swoop course in its entirety and nearly running over some spectators. Nice.

LOL, too funny.:D Left 100 fire for effect!
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Yep, some great canopy control there......NOT!:S

One might want to reconsider using footage like that to promote a product.

Oh, and blaming the missed entry on the crosswind, well that's about as good an excuse as a 30 jump wonder saying they crashed in because of a "side gust"

Jim Slaton said it best after a chow on the Shocker Video.... "ummm that was a little uhhhh, Pilot Error. Sorry....."
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

well that's about as good an excuse as a 30 jump wonder saying they crashed in because of a "side gust"
"

Hey, I used that excuse on my 1287th jump, it doesn't work then either!

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

Isn't it funny how in 10 feet you go from champ to chump, winner to weener, cool to tool. :P

10 feet to the left and we would all be going ooohh aaahhh, nice swoop - we might even forgive the overshoot into the spectator area. :S

Swoop courses are so humbling. [:/]

Canuck

Hi

i can´t belive it, everbody is talking about the missing entry but nobody
remember that it is a 400feet swoop in a crosswind condition, (the world record was just 16 feet away.)

blues
Frank

It looked like maybe a 45 degree crosswind, and his swoop was straight in line with the course, just on the outside of the blades.

I think the cross/down wind set up had him come out of his dive too far downwind. If he had been more over the water before the swoop, he would have been in a better position. As for the spectators, at least they can run fast....

provehito in altum

Actually, plenty of people swoop substantially more than 400 feet nowadays on a regular basis, just not through a regulation course. The record is from a clean entry inside a course with five foot entrance gates. The point of the criticism was that it would have been MUCH better publicity to show your canopy being piloted skillfully through the course, or simply to show it away from such "constraints", out in the open.

Still, I think it's a really cool looking parachute. I saw it at the PIA symposium.

I have not flown this design as yet, although Stephan has been bugging me to try it for quite some time. I did play with a single cell in front of a fan for several hours at the last Symposium.

It's so hard to make a judgement on an idea without testing it extensively. That's how I arrived at the conclusion that the "Germain-Style" Airlock is what I wanted to take to the market. You can't glance at an idea and know everything about it.

Stephan always has my best wishes with his inventions. I hope to see this new idea fly, so I can further evaluate it myself.
Instructional Videos:www.AdventureWisdom.com
Keynote Speaking:www.TranscendingFEAR.com
Canopies and Courses:www.BIGAIRSPORTZ.com

Yeah that was my first thought when I read his post. A few of us were commenting that day how that canopy dove and sounded similiar to a X-braced and were wondering what kind of canopy that was...maybe this was it.

How's the Beam treatin' ya, Colonel?;)

They even used that video where the guy misses the course on their web site. I can't believe that they could not find someone that could at least hit the course with it. It sounds like a decent idea but there are so many ideas that seem great but don't pan out.

Yeah that was my first thought when I read his post. A few of us were commenting that day how that canopy dove and sounded similiar to a X-braced

How does an X-Braced canopy sound? My crossfire2 sounds just like any x-braced I've seen? Am I missing something?

The guy in De Land jumping the Rage 86 was Martin Kristensen of Funk Flyz, the Danish Freestyle Team. He had just received the canopy and put his first jumps on it. That's why his landings probably looked a bit on the safe side with no downwinders.
Gardner : She looks fast !
Truman Sparks : Yeah, it's the stripes.

Since there were lots of comments about this video, I guess it is time to clarify a few things : The guy went through the course on his previous jump, but ended up very close to the barrier and therefore close to the crowd. ( big surprise for him to begin with ) Logically, on the next swoop, which is on the video, he went diagonal to gain more room. If you watch the video closely, you'll also notice that he started all the way back, even behind the far corner of this rectangle. And, ref. the people who apparently are being endangered were his 2 buddies, who just landed before him to video his swoop from the ground. The whole swoop was very good planned and safe in every way.
Gardner : She looks fast !
Truman Sparks : Yeah, it's the stripes.