PLFXpert

"Check Spelling" Box Error.

For the past several days, if I "check spelling" before posting (and usually there are no misspellings B|;)) and there is a misspelled word, if I click on that word once the box launches my browser freezes.

I've tried waiting it out--never unfreezes.

I end up having to end program, loose everything I wrote in the post, and have to re-launch my browser.

It only happens if you click on the "misspelled" word.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Tested with the same results.
Changed my browser settings from "Open in New Tab" to "Open in New Window" IE7
Since it's been changed from a popup to show relevant words to showing the relelvant words to the side - if leaving the misspelled word in a red font and taking the hyperlink off isn't the solution.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

For the past several days, if I "check spelling" before posting (and usually there are no misspellings B|;)) and there is a misspelled word, if I click on that word once the box launches my browser freezes.

I end up having to end program, loose everything I wrote in the post, and have to re-launch my browser.

same for me, every single time... it will completely crash out I/e explorer, regardless of how many windows are open "or tabs" you have to shut the whole program down and relaunch it to work again...

if I don't misspell words, all is good.

I NEED SPELL CHECK!!!! hahaha

same for me, every single time... it will completely crash out I/e explorer, regardless of how many windows are open "or tabs" you have to shut the whole program down and relaunch it to work again...

if I don't misspell words, all is good.

I NEED SPELL CHECK!!!! hahaha

Man, you're both lazy bums! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

is it fixed yet? I am still scared to check spelling errors.:|

Try copying your text to your clipboard before spell checking. That way if it all goes to pot you have your entry at least saved to try again. :P

Glad it's only IE that's having a problem (this time around). Safari's doing great right now. B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

This is really a problem, it completely shuts down IE and you lose everything you were working on. The option to do spellcheck needs to be removed until this can be fixed. It's frustrating. :|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I can see how that would be a problem for a moderator who hadn't finished reading the unread posts and got shut down prematurely. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This is really a problem, it completely shuts down IE and you lose everything you were working on. The option to do spellcheck needs to be removed until this can be fixed. It's frustrating. :|

This is only a problem *IF* you use the spellcheck, however....correct?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Not replying to you per se, just to the general complaints about the error...

Keep a fucking dictionary next to your keyboard, or if you have MS Word, type your posts in there first, spell check it there, then cut and paste in here.

;)

Yeah, it's more work, or you can just say to hell with spell check and post as you want to, or be like me and almost never need spell check. :P:D

Keep a fucking dictionary next to your keyboard . . .

I use spellcheck to find typos that I may have made, not to learn how to spell words. :P (So actually, it still works for me as long as I don't click on any of the words that it catches.)

And what is the problem with reporting an error? Yes, there are ways to get around the error, but if it was my website then I would want to know about the error so that I could fix it.

Keep a fucking dictionary next to your keyboard . . .

I use spellcheck to find typos that I may have made, not to learn how to spell words. :P (So actually, it still works for me as long as I don't click on any of the words that it catches.)

And what is the problem with reporting an error? Yes, there are ways to get around the error, but if it was my website then I would want to know about the error so that I could fix it.

I was just being funny. ;) But yeah, if I were dependent on the spell check function and it was pissing me off, I'd like to know what to do about it other than taking the keyboard and smashing the monitor with it. :D:D