nigelh

Airkix and Simon Ward on Sky News

It was also featured in an article in London's Evening Standard today - same deal a reporter's first hand experience.

hmmm...think I'll phone swardy and tell him I'm a journalist, maybe get free time?;)

BTW - the Standard article said it was the UK's FIRST skydiving windtunnel!

Blue skies!
Gordon
Beware of advice from those with more posts than jumps ;-)

I liked the bit where the reporter asked 'will it be good for skydivers or just louts on a stag weekend?'

And the damn whuffos in the office had the cheek to say you look stupid! Damn people, I dont like Sky News, they are too casual and chime in with 'witty' remarks. They really do love themselves.

The media has been pretty good for bodyflying (and skydiving) on the back of the launch of the two tunnels. It's probably fair to say that neither Paul (Meyer) or I view our media campaigns as a scoop over each other, more promotion for the two businesses with the winner being the sport in general.

You can expect to see Airkix on BBC1 Newsround this Saturday at 11.45am and a few other places besides.

We have just finished our first tunnel camp with the second just started. If you want to join one or come for some one on one coaching or two on two 4-way over the next few days and this weekend with Arizona Airspeed members Gary Beyer and Mark Kirkby, let us know NOW 0845 331 6549.

didnt have that sentiment in mind at all i was merely highlighting that the mail on sunday was in front of the ones mentioned in this thread and then a proliferation of articles seemed to make it into print....its good for both businesses no matter who the article is focussed on and good for the sport of skydiving..not that i give a fook about that as i havent exited a plane in oooohhhh...two years...;)
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

Seen this already?

Photo on Yahoo News Photo Highlights

Joe Winter, left, and Rusty Lewis try out the new Airkix wind tunnel at the Milton Keynes Xscape Leisure Centre, Monday Oct. 31, 2005. The purpose-built indoor skydiving tunnel is the first of its kind in Britain, and allows enthusiasts to practise free-falling and sky-diving manoeuvres. (AP Photo/Tim Ockenden, PA)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I have to say that I say that in the Evening Standard and Metro in London.

Surely it must be true then!!!;)

Sucks that facts aren't correct.

However, I am pretty sure I flew in Bedford's tunnel over a month ago......

Will be good to fly in Milton Keynes too, check the difference, although I have to say, Bedford is the daddy tunnel.

The purpose-built indoor skydiving tunnel is the first of its kind in Britain, and allows enthusiasts to practise free-falling and sky-diving manoeuvres.

Sucks that facts aren't correct.

Just to be anal and highlight the specific adjective which qualifies this description as correct ...I think this would stand in a court of law? :P

Just to be anal and highlight the specific adjective which qualifies this description as correct ...I think this would stand in a court of law?

I would probably say not...;) and the fact that it has been built does not really change the qualifier of 'its kind'

Its kind is a recirculating wind tunnel that people fly in. Bar the specific design and who made it the facilities perform the same task etc

Our facility was purpose modified which really isnt alot different.... just less work!

At best all the recent articles are grossly misleading which personally I wouldnt say is cricket
Saying something like 'Its the first tunnel made by me in Europe' may well be factually correct but is a little misleading

You can always trust the press to try and make things sound more exclusive than they probably are though

Bottom line is its all good press - and as long as people find out about bodyflying all will benefit I guess:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

You can expect to see Airkix on BBC1 Newsround this Saturday at 11.45am and a few other places besides.

You'll have the tv on won't you so those of us are at airkix on Saturday can watch it on the BBC?

see you tomorrow!

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe