NSEMN8R

Do you give free naked tandems

In another thread someone wrote:

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GIVE AWAY OR BUY A TANDEM FOR A CUTE CHICK IF SHE WILL JUMP NAKED. You're not gonna get your bones jumped anyway 'cause she's already got your number, pal! And more importantly, it's just not dignified.

At the last place I worked, we always offered free naked tandems to cute chicks. They got free video too. The TM and vidiot offered their services for free and the DZ buys the slots. I never really thought I was going to get laid out of it, but it's still fun to jump with a naked hottie. I never considered that doing it for free might be unprofessional or undignified.

I'm wondering what everybody else thinks? Is it ok, or does it somehow cheapen what we do?

Thanks for your opinions.

Don't see anything wrong with it as long as everybody remembers that what seems to be cute late at night in the bar after a few drinks might turn out to be a bit of a disappointment when viewed by day with a slight hangover... B|

(Duckin', hidin' - now where did I leave my asbestos pants...?) :$:P

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

As for cheapens the sport? It's fucking skydiving, not really a sport. ALL DZ's should do them.

I think it cheapens the sport.

I'm tired of hearing the excuse "it's skydiving". IMO I'd like to see skydiving looked at as a professional sport.

BTW, why do you say that skydiving isn't a sport?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Our DZ has an unofficial policy to give free jumps to naked women, not just tandems. One hardy young lass did her static line FJC in the chilly months! Since we've recently added AFF, I suppose that'll be offered, too. Just hasn't happened yet.

Somehow, I don't think my wife would approve of my involvement. :)

Could put a whole new meaning to the thread "Do you teach your students to pull?"

:ph34r:

"There will be 5 points of attatchment . . . '

Never done one, probably never will, unless it's my wife. Not a big deal either way, but I wouldn't give a tandem away free just 'cause they take their clothes off. And who's to say what a "cute chick" is? People have different standards, I've found.

it only cheapens it when the idea is not coming from the client. If that is what the client wants, well it's their dollar and their day. Let them have it any way they want. We have had a fair few pass through our way that would like to do that. FJC included (S/L,AFF) as often as tandem. And as many fellas as chicks. We do have a rule however that if its a chick their is a chaperone at all times during harness fitting and until they are in the aircraft as well as provide them with a means of providing enough cover until the jumprun itself. Remember its for their pleasure not yours.

Thas 'nuff preachin' 4 now :P
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

We have had a fair few pass through our way that would like to do that. FJC included (S/L,AFF) as often as tandem.

Given some of the interesting student landings, it is really safe to go in the buff for a first jump? I imagine that losing a large quantity of skin on a first jump would be a bit of a deterrent for a future jump.

Just curious as to how that is handled.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Given some of the interesting student landings, it is really safe to go in the buff for a first jump? I imagine that losing a large quantity of skin on a first jump would be a bit of a deterrent for a future jump.

It's just a little biff in the buff.;)

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

As for cheapens the sport? It's fucking skydiving, not really a sport. ALL DZ's should do them.

I think it cheapens the sport.

I'm tired of hearing the excuse "it's skydiving". IMO I'd like to see skydiving looked at as a professional sport.

BTW, why do you say that skydiving isn't a sport?

well, I guess competition skydivng is a sport, but just jumping for the fun of it? I don't see it as a sport. Is scuba diving a sport? Just me I guess. I see it as recreation.
my pics & stuff!

Our unofficial policy is that we’ll do a tandem with the passenger less than fully clothed at the customers’ request, and that it’ll be at least full price. My wife is a partner in my DZ, and it’s her opinion that if we offer a reduced price for any woman we have to offer it to every woman regardless of age, weight, etc. Then there’s the issue of offering a discounted price to only women, what about a guy that wants to go topless for half price?

Also, I agree that there isn’t a non sleazy option when trying to sell naked tandems. I own the business, and I really do not want my customers to ever go away from my DZ thinking we’re a bunch of sleazy, unprofessional, jerks (we may be, but I don’t want them to know it!). Not only is that not the impression I want my customers to go away with, but when our customers go spread the word about our little skydiving business, I’d rather it not be about us pushing some cute girl to get naked!!

Our other unofficial policy is that we’ll do topless/nude tandems, but only when I’m at the Couch Freaks boogie. Those don’t run through the De Moines Skydivers concession, and my “student” simply pays for the slots, I refuse money if offered.

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, GIVE AWAY OR BUY A TANDEM FOR A CUTE CHICK IF SHE WILL JUMP NAKED. You're not gonna get your bones jumped anyway 'cause she's already got your number, pal! And more importantly, it's just not dignified.

This is my quote and it's taken somewhat out of context. I feel that it's 'undignified' to give away a tandem if a gal will go naked. That's like paying for sex! It's unproffesional to try and talk them into going naked. However...If they come to you with the idea, It's your sworn, sacred duty to comply with their request. Remember, the customers always right...and you don't want to fuck with the skydiving gods. It's like the beer rule.

Remember...naked is all the way naked. not topless. And the instructior must be naked as well. Extra bonus points if the pilot and cameraperson are also naked. Shoe are acceptable (for safety reasons)

Brett

PS I owned a dropzone and at that time my policy was to offer a tandem for free if the female would go naked (of course, adhering to '8's or better' rule) I've since changed my thinking...and i'm really not sure why?

Brett
"It's only arrogance if you can't back it up"

I don't see it as a sport. Is scuba diving a sport?

Personally, I consider skydiving a sport because it's possible for any of us to train to the point that we can compete and earn money/glory. I also SCUBA, and I don't consider it a sport - there aren't many scuba competitions; however, freediving I think is a sport because there are competitions.

Best definition I've heard:
"If you can drink beer while doing it, it's not a sport."
I guess by that definition, skydiving is NOT a sport, and scuba diving is :D
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Best definition I've heard:
"If you can drink beer while doing it, it's not a sport."
I guess by that definition, skydiving is NOT a sport, and scuba diving is :D

Never done a full-altitude hop & pop at sunset, eh? :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)