NSEMN8R

Handcam glove question

I think I'm going to get one of these for my pc105. Any opinions on which one is best? The only one I've actually seen is Waycool's. Looks pretty well built. Does anyone know how Cookie Composite's Vertglove compares? How about Riggerrob's? Are there any other options?

Thanks,

Tony

Hell yeah. Just got mine today. You guys were right. Riggerrob's handi-mount rocks! Rob is great to deal with too. If anybody's thinking about getting one of these I'd definitely recommend talking to him.

Thanks for the advice.

Check it out.

Waycool makes really nice stuff too. I bought the .25 Black Eye lens from them. The only thing I didn't like about buying from them is the shipping from Australia. They make it very clear that when you buy from them you risk not getting your stuff and if you don't it's not their problem. You don't get a tracking number or delivery confirmation unless you pay the extra for FedEx. And from Australia to the US on FedEx isn't cheap.
They would be alot more appealing if they had a distributor in the US.

Hey big daddy where you been?? I see you got a new toy, nice. Miss ya man. tell archie I said hello and I want that video:ph34r::D:ph34r::D I still chuckle when I think of you guys. WFFC?? BD??
make the plans lets hook up. your turn for essentials:ph34r:

Ed

Rigger rob is the way to go, he will customize the hand mount to fit your needs, and definitley knows his stuff.. Im still trying to re-contact him, so if you read this rob, email me([email protected]). We still have the original you sent, and with new leadership here, it will be easier to try some new things. Team just got some smaller cameras which will make the TM's happier... progress can be slow in the army...

How about Riggerrob's

The bombdiggity.

I second that. Mine is bad-ass.

I have to say, that all though I've never used one, Chuck's looked very nicely made and comfortable on his wrist at PIA.

I'm using the same idea for my tunnel harness/hand mount for Barbie! I've never seen his glove cam up close to know how it works but I've got an engineer from RWS on the job. I'm hoping it works:D
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

How much do you guys charge for Handcam video vs. regular video?

We've never had one of these at our dz before so I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it without screwing the vidiots too bad. The DZO said he wants $10 from each one for using his editing equipment. Regular video is $59. I'm thinking about charging the same price, but offering some extras with it. I've got a roadstor and a printer that I use for digital stills already so I thought I'd burn them a cd with a bunch of frame grabs and give them maybe six 4X6 prints for free too.

Think anybody will buy it?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it without screwing the vidiots too bad.

Regular video is $59. I'm thinking about charging the same price,

I think if you do try to charge the same price there might be concern. I don't think screen grab stills are enough to justify charging that much.

If handcams do get increasingly popular amongst TMs I can only imagine the DZ politics when full-time vidiots start losing business. :S

I think if you do try to charge the same price there might be concern. I don't think screen grab stills are enough to justify charging that much.

If handcams do get increasingly popular amongst TMs I can only imagine the DZ politics when full-time vidiots start losing business. :S

I figured that by charging the same price I wouldn't take too much business from them. If I charged less I think alot of people would pick the lesser quality video just to save money. I'm hoping that at least a few people will want the free stills though. At $80/jump (including the $30 for the tandem) I won't really need to do too many anyways.

Of course I'm also going to wear it on the tandems that don't want video and offer it to them at a "discount" later. I guess this wouldn't cut in to video sales at all.

I really don't want to put the vidiots out of business since they're the same guys that taught me to fly video when I first started. But if handcams get too popular those guys are going to need to get tandem ratings.

As a Tandem Master who has done a few Handcam jumps as well as starting out as an outside Vidiot I can see the good old handcam killing the sport.

Another post topic perhaps. Good old money wins in the end with everything.

Q - How did you become an instructor?
A - By doing fun jumps on weekends and then OUTSIDE VIDEO WORK to pay for my jumps until I became an instructor and then Tandem Master.

Lets see a lot of dz's "deal with it" in five years time Staff wise when there are not enough numbers coming through the sport from the above and also litigation aspects from AFF etc. BSBD! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

Hell yeah. Just got mine today. You guys were right. Riggerrob's handi-mount rocks! Rob is great to deal with too. If anybody's thinking about getting one of these I'd definitely recommend talking to him.

Thanks for the advice.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for posting that great picture of a Handi-Mount.
The only thing missing is the Altimaster 3. You may call me a Safety Nazi, but I designed Handi-Mounts to be incomplete without an Altimaster 3 wrapped around the wrist. With a thumb stuck through the O-ring, the lens hangs just below and parallel to the camera lens, forcing you to invent new excuses for pulling low!
Hee!
Hee!

Check it out.

Hey Rob. Is this better?

I like putting my pointer finger through the O-ring instead of my thumb though. When I had it on my thumb it tended to hang down so I had to tip the camera up to look at it. This way it seems to sit up better.

Hey Rob. Is this better?

I like putting my pointer finger through the O-ring instead of my thumb though. When I had it on my thumb it tended to hang down so I had to tip the camera up to look at it. This way it seems to sit up better.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dang!
I will have to try wrapping the O-ring around my finger next jump.

Rigger rob is the way to go, he will customize the hand mount to fit your needs, and definitley knows his stuff.. Im still trying to re-contact him, so if you read this rob, email me([email protected]). We still have the original you sent, and with new leadership here, it will be easier to try some new things. Team just got some smaller cameras which will make the TM's happier... progress can be slow in the army...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. ..... something about spending 11 days in Alberta teaching British soldiers how to jump static-line .....

So all we had to do was wait until the Golden Knights got new leadership ...
Hee!
Hee!
The ultimate VIP tandem video would include plenty of outside footage, plus Handi-Mount footage of the airgasm right after opening.
Seeing as how you still have the old Handi-Mount on the shelf, your next step would be to read the outline of my PIA Seminar.

As for your smaller cameras .... every month I draw a new pattern because that is how often Sony debuts newer, smaller cameras.

We have been playing tag for years... and I aplogize for that. I am very into trying new things, but constantly battle the decision makers. We now have the most open-minded, progressive command I have seen in 6 years. I agree with you on the VIP tandem possibilities. Something I have yet to have the opprtunity to work with is the footage of a (VIP or otherwise) passengers reaction just after deployment. I dont think the glove will ever put outside vidoegraphers out of business, I thinks its great for new perspectives to add to a finished product. I continue to appreciate your patience, perspective, and expertise on this product. Im not interested in the debate of which is better... glove, or outside video.... Im interested in the finished product of a vip video with inside, outside, and handglove video. I may not get the chance to work with that, but the guys just making the team probably will sometime soon. Rob, see if you can make me a small glove for the new tiny cameras... Ill pay you myself for the prototype. I know we have the samsung... Thanks again, for putting up with slow progress... anyone looking into this kind of stuff, I would highly suggest at least talking to him about what you want. His experience speaks for itself...

Certainly the best video would be a combination of both Handcam and outside video. It all comes down to how much the tandem passenger is wishing to pay for this service.

I won't go on any further than this post about handcam vs outside but we have already seen handcam take the work from outside video guys. It IS happening ;( BSBD! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

As a Tandem Master who has done a few Handcam jumps as well as starting out as an outside Vidiot I can see the good old handcam killing the sport.

Another post topic perhaps. Good old money wins in the end with everything.

Q - How did you become an instructor?
A - By doing fun jumps on weekends and then OUTSIDE VIDEO WORK to pay for my jumps until I became an instructor and then Tandem Master.

Lets see a lot of dz's "deal with it" in five years time Staff wise when there are not enough numbers coming through the sport from the above and also litigation aspects from AFF etc. BSBD! -Mark.

I think saying Handcams will kill the sport is a bit of a stretch. The vidiots will lose some work, but I doubt it will eliminate them. Tandems took some students away from the S/L I's in the beginning, but there are still plenty of them around. I believe the people who want to work will always have work. The people who don't will sit around and bitch about us greedy TM's taking all the money.
Vidiots will probably have to buy still cameras or get other ratings to keep making the money they're used to, but I think the sport will be just fine.