47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I think I was ripped off here. (Cooper Media is Booming!)

Topps just announced this a couple days ago, that they're issuing a trading card set that will include Madoff, Ponzi and D.B. Cooper.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/26/news/companies/baseball.cards.fortune/

I mean, really. The CooperPonzi fund was on this way early.

The full list of 20, in the "World's Biggest Hoaxes, Hoodwinks and Bamboozles" Set is:
(look they even ripped off 377's Cold Fusion)

* Bernie Madoff
* Charles Ponzi
* The Runaway Bride
* Idaho
* The Turk
* Enron
* Anna Anderson
* Ferdinand Waldo Demara
* San Serriffe
* D.B. Cooper
* Spaghetti Trees
* Victor Lustig
* The War of the Worlds
* George Parker
* The Bathtub Hoax
* The Cottingley Fairies
* James Reavis
* The Piltdown Man
* The Cardiff Giant
* Cold Fusion

"Topps spokesman Clay Luraschi told Fortune that the set was originally inspired by D.B. Cooper, a mysterious hijacker from the 1970's. He went on to say that Madoff was a late addition to the set, and that the set had already took form prior to the recent economic downturn."
http://www.cardboardconnection.com/trading-card-news/topps-unveils-the-full-cast-of-characters-in-the-worlds-biggest-hoaxes-hoodwinks-and-bamboozles.html

It's funny that Cooper is a really well known figure but nobody can monopolize or control use of his image/personna. MLKs and Elvis's heirs make big bucks through licensing.

Didn't the post office have a program where you could buy blank stamps and upload your own graphics? Who will be the first?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Attached a photo to show how easily our views are swayed by the composite sketch.

I get a totally different feel about Cooper, looking at the Hunter S. Thompson picture. It makes you realize there was a real person behind the composite sketch.

Note how similar they are. He was born in 1937. 34 years old in 1971. But I think he looked old for his age. I'm not sure of his age in the comparison, but I attached a second photo from 1970. You could say he looks old for his age, since he's just 33 there. Makes you wonder about Cooper's age (like we've talked about)

attached a 3rd pic from about the "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas trip?" summer 1970?

from Hunter's bio, he actually applied to be a pilot. Actually ended up down by Jo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_S._Thompson#Military_career

"Thompson did his basic training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, and later transferred to Scott Air Force Base in Illinois to study electronics. He applied to become a pilot but was rejected by the Air Force's aviation-cadet program. In 1956, he transferred to Eglin Air Force Base, near Pensacola, Florida. "

snowmman:............
This isn't about confirming anyone's theory about the flight path. It is about answering specific questions you and others have posed. In this case you questioned the statement about latitude. Two posters came back with well thought out replies citing specific examples of broad latitude given to 305. It isn't an opinion or information seeking to confirm a theory.
This is also precisely the reason that other contributors have left the board. It is rather frustrating when specific questions are asked, and knowledgably answers are given, but completely disreguarded.

Snow, I have sympathy for Mr Nuke's point here. He tried in a very thorough way to answer your post, and you just dissed it with a "yeah, whatever". Are you falling into the Jo trap of dismissing whatever doesn't support your theory?

And 1969912... I thought the ozark comment was uncalled for. Plenty posters on dz.com who leave a lot to be desired in the grammar/spelling stakes. Perhaps what they have to say is more important than how they state it. I prefer the approach of picking holes in arguments rather than grammar.

you are a gentleman and a scholar ... :)

Orange, well put. You are the new voice or reason. 377 is fired ;)

How hard is it to stay on course flying manually? I keep on thinking back to snow's flight simulations he made up a while back and it seemed he was veerring off course quite a bit.

Jerry, your whole theory hinges on the pilots trying to avoid populated areas in case the plane blew up, that is why he lands in the forest, correct?

Georger said it best when he said we needed some input from NWA. They most likely hold all of the missing pieces.

I dont want to harp on this but I think (back then)
NWA held all the keys, if for no other reason than
they were real-time-involved. I could be all wet!
Maybe the military was max-attentive on all of this and we just dont know. In any event, I am sure the FBI knows - somebody still around knows.

OR, maybe we are all missing something BIG TIME.
Maybe the fact nothing of Coopoer was ever found
literally means nobody had the flight path nailed down? It could be as simple as that. But if that is
the way it was then somebody knows that, for a fact.
Again, somebody at NWA would know -

Weather conditions at the time of the jump also was considered.Now! knowing how fast the streams and rivers in this area rise and fall during flood stage and how often this happens (flooding) of all the streams and rivers. Most not recorded.Gives me reason to believe that the money had to of come down the Washougal watershed.

This above was something I missed until you brought it up. The rapid fill of the Washougal
and its tributaries during floods and melts - the
fact loggers used this trait to move logs down
to the Columbia, etc ... - those kinds of forces
could very easily move a bag of money a long distance quickly to be in the Columbia, then to
Tina Bar. It sounds complicated but in reality
isnt that complicated . This scenario could have
happened immediately after the hijacking from
December-January.

geoger said:
"OR, maybe we are all missing something BIG TIME.
Maybe the fact nothing of Coopoer was ever found
literally means nobody had the flight path nailed down?"

When did the flight path map appear? Probably not in the first week of searching?

I thought most of the searching was done in like a week or two, then they stopped. Until the spring search.

Even the first week, the search was concentrated up north.

There's all this talk about lots of searching. I think they just flew V23 a couple times and that was it. And searching up north by Lake Merwin.

Geoger: There are a alot of log jams still in place in this area. They were used to make a holding pond for logs But you knew that Most were blown up by dynamite when the pond was full of logs.Then floated to the columbia.This was done only during high water stages.There were a few that had a flood gate that they would open untill the retaining pond was full then they close it during a heavy rain and alow the pond to over flow. the logs were then pushed or floated over the dam.Then they would open the flood gate and add more water presure to push the logs down stream. There is one of these dams still intact and it is on the North fork of the washougal river and right next to the skaminia and yellow jacket mines.

falling into the Jo trap of dismissing whatever doesn't support your theory

There is no JO Trap. I have just been reading and trying to absorb all of the technical stuff about the fight pattern.

Common Sense Question: Just how the (blank) does anyone think Cooper's money got all the way down the Wahougal and then down the Columbia with 3 packets intact or however many they found - not to mention the 8 yrs or so it would have spent in the water or buried some place?

There is no Jo trap in that question - just common sense.

After all of these yrs - suddenly after most of the witnesses who claimed to have heard or seen the plane are old, senile or dead - a "panel" of experts can just throw all of the 1971 maps, reports, etc. out the aft stairs of a 727 and conjure up their own flight pattern.

I can understand some variance in the flight pattern - but, this is getting crazy - it is Cooper Mania.

:)nothing to hide and would be willing to offer up whatever they might have kept in "cold" storage.

Seems like you guys are stalemated at this point - anyone want to play poker?

As some of you know I am pretty good at HOLDING my cards. I am getting ready to play my ACE and it won't be in this forum. Maybe I am bluffing and maybe I am not.

;)Want to place your bets?:ph34r::D:D

If Duane Weber was NOT Cooper then he knew who was. His access to Cooper had to be of a personal nature - not just someone whose home or businesses he robbed.

:(I provided the FBI with a list of names to check out over the yrs and NOT one of the INDVIDUALS was ever investigated. Some are known to be associated with jumping and 2 have the "Cooper look".;)

Quiet but NOT idle!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Snow I looked at the picture it does resemble the composit drawing. However no Scares or iregularity of facial features were ever noted. The picture you posted shows some facial deficincie or it could be just the photo.

Thanks. Sounds like Hunter S. Thompson wasn't D. B. Cooper.
However, there is one curious matter. After Hunter died, his ashes were stuffed in fireworks shells and fired from a gonzo device. According to the shrink Hubbard, hijackers tended to have astronaut, aeronautical or similar fantasies.

Was this blast/jump recreating his most famous life event? Or was it really a matter of destroying all DNA evidence thoroughly?

Hunter died as a result of shooting himself. Was this remorse?

I've attached a picture of the device, and it looks almost like a rocket. It was paid for by Johnny Depp, was last name starts with "D".

In this video, made before his death, Hunter discusses identity issues: Do they want Hunter, or do they want Duke? Was he talking about Duke B. Cooper? And he's wearing a visor cap that says "Las Vegas". Was this where the money was laundered?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5NQRNA6XTg&feature=related

The specific make and model of Hunter S. Thompson's cigarette
holder/filter was the "TarGard Permanent Cigarette Filter System."
http://www.targard.com/shop.php?categoryParentName=Targard&categoryName=Permanent+Cigarette+Filter+System

Evidently he enjoyed Dunhill cigarettes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunhill_(cigarette)

The fireworks were handled by the Zambelli Fireworks Internationale, a family-owned western Pennsylvania fireworks company that packed Thompson's ashes in 34 shells for the memorial at Hunter's Owl Farm estate in Woody Creek, Colo.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/index.html

Thompson's widow, Anita, hand delivered the writer's ashes to Zambelli's Lawrence County plant on Aug. 9, 2005.

also: the strongest evidence:
A movie was made. Why?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb_-LrTIiRY&feature=related

"It was always at night" he says.

Birth Date Reality: Geoger Shelly is smiling and called me a old man I'm 18 yrs older than she is. Thanks for the reminder.It realy sucks to know that I am that old. Now my new nick name is old man thanks alot! Jerry

No comment, would only get myself into trouble.
Shelly: crack the whip on him from time to time!

:)

Snow I looked at the picture it does resemble the composit drawing. However no Scares or iregularity of facial features were ever noted. The picture you posted shows some facial deficincie or it could be just the photo.

Thanks. Sounds like Hunter S. Thompson wasn't D. B. Cooper.
However, there is one curious matter. After Hunter died, his ashes were stuffed in fireworks shells and fired from a gonzo device. According to the shrink Hubbard, hijackers tended to have astronaut, aeronautical or similar fantasies.

The photo made me look twice - good photos!

CooperPonzi, on the advice of outside counsel (377) has acquired the rights to all Cooper related stamps in the USA, European Union, Nigeria, Senegal, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, Mauritius, Ghana, Rwanda, Cameroon and Burundi.

We are excited to expand our business into commemorative, and collectible, US postal stamps, which will be available shortly.

I've attached the prototype of the first planned issue.

Outside counsel has also advised that we should expand our charitable giving program, in the likelihood we come under federal investigation and are featured on "60 Minutes".

So, we will be donating all proceeds of the first stamp issue, to the Wayward and Indigent Jumper Beer Fund.

Common Sense Question: Just how the (blank) does anyone think Cooper's money got all the way down the Wahougal and then down the Columbia with 3 packets intact or however many they found - not to mention the 8 yrs or so it would have spent in the water or buried some place?

Under the right conditions it could be a fairly
quick ride, in a container.

As a kid I used to make and float things down
small rivers like this. I had a whole arsenal of
things I used to try. Some made it, some didnt.
Some would get hung up in log piles etc, some
would float right over when the water was high.
Later we shifted to helium baloons with mice and
notes ... then to rockets & guns..

Jo said:
"After all of these yrs - suddenly after most of the witnesses who claimed to have heard or seen the plane are old, senile or dead - a "panel" of experts can just throw all of the 1971 maps, reports, etc. out the aft stairs of a 727 and conjure up their own flight pattern.

I can understand some variance in the flight pattern - but, this is getting crazy - it is Cooper Mania."

I will always remember the funniest thing Safe ever said (paraphrasing)

"how come the crazy lady is the only one who can come up with a scenario that's plausible?"

And he's right!

you are a gentleman and a scholar ... :)

I may be lots of things, but a gentleman ain't one of 'em ;)

Someone remind me. There are 2 separate sets of 305 comms on the transcripts. One is with ATC, is the other with NWA, or who? I have pointed out before that the one seems more detailed than the other but also that it is not verbatim comments - i originally thought one was a summary but that isn't the case. One is Seatac ATC (the more detailed one) the other is "flight ops". Who are flight ops?
(Apologies if this has been asked & answered already.)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

CooperPonzi, on the advice of outside counsel (377) has acquired the rights to all Cooper related stamps in the USA, European Union, Nigeria, Senegal, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, Mauritius, Ghana, Rwanda, Cameroon and Burundi.

We are excited to expand our business into commemorative, and collectible, US postal stamps, which will be available shortly.

I've attached the prototype of the first planned issue.

Outside counsel has also advised that we should expand our charitable giving program, in the likelihood we come under federal investigation and are featured on "60 Minutes".

So, we will be donating all proceeds of the first stamp issue, to the Wayward and Indigent Jumper Beer Fund.

When Snow gets busy with Photoshop I always get a big chuckle. The UFO nuts have tons of so called secret government documents "proving" that UFOs and aliens have visited Earth etc. Most were really crude but I am sure they are getting better now that Photoshop is avaialble.

I can imagine a secret USAF SAGE file on the NORJACK case. The file was classified SECRET, because it revealed radar capability data that the Russkies could use against our western border air defenses. SAGE must have had a mode that would suppress the data display block that surrounded any echo of a transponder equipped friendly aircraft, otherwise it would be too easy for a Russian bomber to penetrate the ADIZ by flying in close formation trailing an incoming friendly trans Pacific airliner and remaining hidden in the data block area surrounding the airliner echo.

In my fantasy, the USAF knew exactly where Cooper jumped, but military secrecy prevailed. Their job was air defense and they were not going to compromise it one tiny bit for a criminal case. April fool, of course, but if this were a UFO forum we'd have plenty of alleged government documents to prove everyone's favorite theory. So far, that phony document cancer hasn't infected the DBC crowd.

Hunter T sure does look a LOT like DBC. Nice job Snow. It again proves your uncanny ability to extract new info from old data known to all.

Hunter was quite a drunkard if the Gonzo bio movie was accurate. Wonder what he drank? His insatiable thirst for publicity makes me doubt that he could have kept quiet about the NORJACK accomplishment if he actually were DBC.

He was a Hells Angels wannabe and was deeply hurt by their ultimate rejection of him as a non peer. NORJACK could have been his way of showing Sonny Barger that Hunter Thompson was no wimp. HT was a very narcissistic guy.

HT isn't really a very serious DBC candidate, but it shows that you can make a case for just about anyone who fits the general look and is a bit odd in some way.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo do you have enough for your book yet.Oh! no one is suppose to no about that. Your quest can be completed ,do a favor to Duanes family and let them decide on your book quest.

I am NOT writing a book. As for Duane's family - he was detached from his family for yrs. The brother had no contact with Duane after 1958 (that contact was not pleasant). The sister I have letters and phone calls from - she is deceased. I never found a daughter who Duane claimed to have last seen when she was 8 or 9 yrs old...what I did find shows a woman born about that time who is now deceased - but, could not verify this was his daughter.

The forum is aware of the above and so is the FBI.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber